[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A little wine help please

Hankk

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

one of my favorite grapes from that region is the savigny- les- beaune, from the cote de beaune... nuits- st- georges, from the cote de nuit (a little to the north). i think a savigny would make a nice addition to that plate. i also like occatinally pairing certain reds with certain seafood dishes. and typically i go pinot noir as well..... oregon and washington have definetely stepped up in the world (especially with their pinots- noir, grigios, gris), though i still lean toward my californians.

I would go with a 1999 Miller High Life....

1152495[/snapback]

Excellent choice. Gussy it up and go for the bottle instead of the can if you really want to impress.

There's a sale at Sears on hand tools...I suggest you run and not walk.

Edit: On second thought, just walk. You'll give it away with the gay running. :D

Edited by TimC

Very good info here. Hmmmm, I'd have to take a very educated guess that you frequent Willamette quite often.

1152489[/snapback]

Nah.. :D ..I'm heading down Friday and then going back Thanksgiving weekend. A bunch of the wineries in the Willamette are only open Memorial Day weekend and Thanksgiving weekend.

One more thing which I think someone touched on, how many people are going to be at this party and will there be more wine? Lawdawg and I along with our wives have been known to go through a few bottles before we even get to the first course.

You may be better off buying 3 Oregon Pinots at $50.

Beaux Freres Pinot's or a Cristom Pinot are always a great choice with Salmon. If the salmon were smoked, then I would go with a Spanish wine like Numanthia, their last 5 or 6 vintages are fantastic from their lower priced Toro to the Termes all the way to the Termanthia.

Spain is a great place for value wines, you could buy a case of Vinos Pinol Ludivicious for around a $144 bucks or a case of Juan Gil for about the same price and get good and drunk; both are great wines for the $.

I also enjoy a bottle of Pinot Gris with salmon, so you may want to bring a bottle of that as well.

Let us know how it goes!

Thanks all for your input.

I went to zee Franch wine store and talked to zee Franch wine guy. He was impressed with your suggestions. He ultimately recommended, and I purchased, a 2001 Bouchard Père et Fils Vosne-Romanée Aux Reignots 1er Cru.

Given the dish, he thought that something younger was more appropriate.

I'll be drinking it tomorrow. I'll let you know if its any good. :D

I went to zee Franch wine store and talked to zee Franch wine guy.  He was impressed with your suggestions.  He ultimately recommended, and I purchased, a 2001 Bouchard Père et Fils Vosne-Romanée Aux Reignots 1er Cru.

I'll be drinking it tomorrow.  I'll let you know if its any good.  :D

1153172[/snapback]

I haven't tried the '01. Let me know how it tastes.

I went to zee Franch wine store and talked to zee Franch wine guy.  He was impressed with your suggestions.  He ultimately recommended, and I purchased, a 2001 Bouchard Père et Fils Vosne-Romanée Aux Reignots 1er Cru.

I'll be drinking it tomorrow.  I'll let you know if its any good.  :D

1153172[/snapback]

good pick. the french name and the whole "pere et fils" thing make it sound extra gay, just what you were looking for.

oh and be sure to tell us what kind of watches all the yuppy homos have on..

1153362[/snapback]

And the shoes, don't forget the $200.00 shoes.

don't get me wrong, I like the wine...but just get Yellow Tail at $6 a bottle and youre good to go!

1153363[/snapback]

I like wine in the fondue. I get this stuff called llano because it is from Texas. It's $10.00 a bottle and I'm always tempted to try something cheaper but don't want to screw up the fondue.

I like wine in the fondue.  I get this stuff called llano because it is from Texas.  It's $10.00 a bottle and I'm always tempted to try something cheaper but don't want to screw up the fondue.

1153374[/snapback]

:D you migh thave overpaid for that bad boy :D