[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

An Answer to All Sam Gado Trade Questions

Hugh 0ne

Yes, trade him now. Always trade high. There isn't a player in the leagues whose value is as inflated as Gado's. Keep in mind, he's the 3rd, possibly 4th string RB for a very bad team. If you think he's going to put up 100 yards and a TD each week for the rest of the season, you're crazy. Trade him while he's hot.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, trade him now. Always trade high. There isn't a player in the leagues whose value is as inflated as Gado's. Keep in mind, he's the 3rd, possibly 4th string RB for a very bad team. If you think he's going to put up 100 yards and a TD each week for the rest of the season, you're crazy. Trade him while he's hot.

1152383[/snapback]

Problem is, for me anyway, theres always that "what if" player. What if he turns out to be the next Nick Goings (last year anyway). What if he turns out to be the next Kurt Warner type player. Of course, then you have the what if he turns out to be the next Tony Fisher.

Point is this...I agree 100% that you should trade when the value is high, but is it a chance youre willing to take to possibly lose out on a great scoring back?

:D

You can "what if" anything in life. What if I went to college? What if I didn't sell my sailboat and followed my dream? What if TO wasn't a *&$%. The point is you have a unproven RB that can get you a PROVEN player. Trade him now.

1152400[/snapback]

So getting a proven / known named player is the goal here, right?

So you could get a name like Dom Davis, or Fred Taylor, or Jamal Lewis, or Julius Jones?

Those are all proven players. At least based off of prior performances. But yet, they aren't doing so good this year.

L. Jordan - Unproven player until this year, yet is doing quite well.

S Jax - Unproven player until this year, but doing quite well.

S. Davis - Proven player no one expected to do well, yet is.

T Jones - Unproven player, yet carried a lot of owners to wins this year.

M Harrison - Untill the last couple weeks, he was IMO one of the biggest busts based on where he was drafted. Same might be said for Peyton vs the expectations.

Dillon - Huge bust, very proven back

The list is long. Just because you are a "proven" player, that doesn't mean you will produce.

Everyone has to come from somewhere. Maybe this is Gado's chance. Maybe the running game sucked because the right back for that offense wasn't in there. Maybe it is now.

I say don't discount him just because he is new to the scene. Now if you can get a top 10 back for him, sure do the trade, but can you get that type of value?

How many players are on rosters because owners love their potential, but yet they never play them becuase they don't delive the points?

Do I expect the same type of performace as last week from him every week, no, but did anyone expect S. Davis to have the year he is having? Joey G, Brunnell? probably not. They were low on everyone's list, but yet they are performing and carrying a lot of teams to victory.

I must get a little crazy here for a second. Using the trade high theory, does that mean you should trade LT or Edge. Their value is pretty high. I know you won't, but just putting that out there for discussion.

So getting a proven / known named player is the goal here, right?

So you could get a name like Dom Davis, or Fred Taylor, or Jamal Lewis, or Julius Jones?

Those are all proven players.  At least based off of prior performances.  But yet, they aren't doing so good this year.

L. Jordan - Unproven player until this year, yet is doing quite well.

S Jax - Unproven player until this year, but doing quite well.

S. Davis - Proven player no one expected to do well, yet is.

T Jones - Unproven player, yet carried a lot of owners to wins this year.

M Harrison - Untill the last couple weeks, he was IMO one of the biggest busts based on where he was drafted.  Same might be said for Peyton vs the expectations.

Dillon - Huge bust, very proven back

The list is long.  Just because you are a "proven" player, that doesn't mean you will produce.

Everyone has to come from somewhere.  Maybe this is Gado's chance.  Maybe the running game sucked because the right back for that offense wasn't in there.  Maybe it is now.

I say don't discount him just because he is new to the scene.  Now if you can get a top 10 back for him, sure do the trade, but can you get that type of value?

How many players are on rosters because owners love their potential, but yet they never play them becuase they don't delive the points?

Do I expect the same type of performace as last week from him every week, no, but did anyone expect S. Davis to have the year he is having? Joey G, Brunnell?  probably not.  They were low on everyone's list, but yet they are performing and carrying a lot of teams to victory.

I must get a little crazy here for a second.  Using the trade high theory, does that mean you should trade LT or Edge.  Their value is pretty high.  I know you won't, but just putting that out there for discussion.

1152418[/snapback]

Well, here's my theory. Sam Gado is the #4 RB on the depth chart. Generally a guy is #4 on the depth chart for a reason. That's one reason I think Gado will not perform. The other thing he has going against him is that he plays for a very bad team. Bad teams usually lose, and often times are blown out. Not good ingredients for RB success imo.

There are certainly backup RB's with tremendous upside, that, if given the chance, will probably do very well. Gado, imo, doesn't fit the bill, so I would trade him right now while his value is extremely high. Could I be wrong? Possibly, but there are a lot of things in my favor for him not to have continued success.

Gado is not a Larry Johnson or Rueben Droughns or Dominick Rhodes imo.

Edited by Hugh 0ne

I respect the opinons of the esteemd H1, but I may have to disagree here. I did not see the entire Packers game last week but I saw the highlights and what I saw was Gado running OVER and THROUGH what is considered to be a strong defense. The guy looked like a beast. I do agree that you can't expect this type of thing every week and you have to realize that there's a very good reason why he was a practice squad player and not a starter. BUT, I for one was impressed by what I saw from him last week. If you have him and don't need him, yes, certainly now is the time to trade him. His value won't get higher. But if you could use him, I say keep him. He's a starting RB for a team with few options that will soon be playing in bad weather.

I see where you are coming from but for me I would rather have someone who is "proven" over time. True they may not always have the best games or year for that matter, but I would go with the odds. For example, most FF players do not draft rookies because of the unknown or do they pickup one game wonders. I guess it comes down to whether you want the paycheck every week or are willing to gamble a little for a bigger payoff. Are you in first place and can afford to take a gamble or in last and need the win. :D

I see where you are coming from but for me I would rather have someone who is "proven" over time. True they may not always have the best games or year for that matter, but I would go with the odds. For example, most FF players do not draft rookies because of the unknown or do they pickup one game wonders.  I guess it comes down to whether you want the paycheck every week or are willing to gamble a little for a bigger payoff. Are you in first place and can afford to take a gamble or in last and need the win.  :D

1152483[/snapback]

Geeezz footballjoe - with those RB's I wouldn't consider Gado either. However, if you have been hit with injuries (DD and FWP) then you will pickup and play any hot RB on the market (Gado).

What I am saying is that it all depends on your situation if you play or trade Gado. Me - I play him - especially with them playing MIN this week.

I see where you are coming from but for me I would rather have someone who is "proven" over time. True they may not always have the best games or year for that matter, but I would go with the odds. For example, most FF players do not draft rookies because of the unknown or do they pickup one game wonders.  I guess it comes down to whether you want the paycheck every week or are willing to gamble a little for a bigger payoff. Are you in first place and can afford to take a gamble or in last and need the win.  :D

1152483[/snapback]

Im in last place and need the win. haha.

I was offered Gado for Westbrook. In a ppr league, I think that I have to do it.

I'd personally hang onto Gado unless you get a serious trade offer from someone desperate for a RB. With so many underachieving RBs and RBBCs out there, Gado could end up a solid #2 back. In a 12 man league, a solid #2 is a luxury. I certainly don't see a 100/TD game every week, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him score double digit points in standard scoring leagues each week. Gado can catch the ball also, making him more valuable in pts/rec leagues as well.

Obviously if you are stacked at RB then use him as trade bait, but if you are in need of a RB you may have struck gold.

Hugh, You give great advice and the" sell high" is usally the right thing to do.

Let me start by saying that I HATE the Packers but, they aren't as bad as you think. Gado is new to that offense and he's playing very well, blocking well, running hard. Is he going to the joke, i mean pro bowl....probably not. In a few weeks we'll see if you are right and you very well could be. I think his production may drop because the only other viable threat is Driver. Remember how bad A. Green was doing? At least Gado is doing something. I would expect an average of about 70yds. .8 td 30yds rec. He's no LT2 or Pope of the past but maybe be a decent #2 the rest of the way. Unless you are in an 8 team league.

OK, for those supporting Gado, let's hear some numbers, here are mine, and I'll bet you mine are closer than yours: :D

350 yards rushing, 3 rushing TD's in the remaining 7 games. He will add minimal receiving yardage so I'll leave that out of the mix. That would put him at 800 yard and 7 TD's for the year, far below anything that the backs you could get for him will do.

OK, for those supporting Gado, let's hear some numbers, here are mine, and I'll bet you mine are closer than yours: :D

350 yards rushing, 3 rushing TD's in the remaining 7 games. He will add minimal receiving yardage so I'll leave that out of the mix. That would put him at 800 yard and 7 TD's for the year, far below anything that the backs you could get for him will do.

1152629[/snapback]

I guess 600 yards... 6 rush TD's in remaining 7 games. (based on 26 carries per game at 3.3 yards per carry).

Fact is... regardless of whether or not Gado was an unproven 4th stringer cut by KC (behind Priest and LJ, who wouldn't get cut?)... he has provided better results than Ahman Green, Najeh and everyone else to get called a Green Bay "running back" before their trip to the hospital.

Gado is a bowling ball, he is getting 26 carries per game... and he is getting all of the goal line carries... Gado will get some results, no doubt in my mind.

However, Gado will not snatch you the value quite yet (aside from the foolish fantasy owners, he hasn't convinced the doubters to give up a top tier player in trade), but he will have another monster this weekend vs. the Vikings... so I think next week his value will be at his peak and you may be able to acquire a top tier play in trade.

I do not think he will put up elite stats for the rest of the season... he has two games vs. Chicago, and games vs. Philly, Detroit, Baltimore and Seattle... all of whom (aside from Baltimore recently) are pretty darn hard to run on. Last week was no doubt an exception, and this week will be another exception. This time next week... EVERYONE will be looking to hop on the Gado bandwagon.

There is always the flip side... uncoventional wisdom, murphy's law, whatever you want to call it. He could turn into the second coming of Christian Okoye (the mini-me version). Who knows for sure.

I will look to trade, as I have Tiki and LT as starters... for those who have Dillon, Ahman, Priest or any of the other numerous backs to go down this year... you may need to keep him.

Kudos to all of you with the nerve to start him last week... i just got lucky since LT was on a bye.

Edited by Disgruntled_Postmen

If you trade Westbrook away for Gado you are flat out crazy.

1152656[/snapback]

Really?? I don't care if Gado was the f' in waterboy at the start of the season. He is now getting a ton of carries and running well. Would I rather have him the rest of the year than Westbrook?? with McNabb looking like he is out, and Philly a mess-

HELL YES- Gado will easily outperform BW the rest of the year, IMO. As for trading him, I am all for a good trade, depends on your teams, but I like to look at it from present forward, could care less about the first 10 weeks at this point. Alot of so-called "proven" backs underperforming thus far.

SAMKON!

I don't have time right now to read the whole thread but let's keep in mind he wasn't 4th on the chart until a few weeks ago in GB. He was in camp with KC where he didn't make the cut with Holmes, Johnson, and Tony Richardson. Well duh. Green Bay brought him in and he's been very serviceable. He's a smart kid (I think they said he was in medical school?) and seems to have the physical tools. He also has something to prove.

This isn't a guy that's been around the league and never made it past practice squad, this is only his second team. Not cracking the starting lineup with KC isn't really a big knock on anyone. Keep in mind KC saw enough potential to bring him in and chill him on the practice squad.

If you are set at RB and have Gado sure you should try and get something that you need for him.

If you are hurting at RB, like I am, and were able to grab him then maybe you have something. Simply put, he is the starting RB on a team-- that in itself is tough to come by at this point in the year. He will get a lot of touches and goaline chances....yeah hes not gonna go off every week....BUT he can be servicable.

I dont know what people would be willing to trade for him at this point anyway.

Really?? I don't care if Gado was the  f' in waterboy at the start of the season. He is now getting a ton of carries and running well. Would I rather have him the rest of the year than Westbrook?? with McNabb looking like he is out, and Philly a mess-

HELL YES- Gado will easily outperform BW the rest of the year, IMO.  As for trading him, I am all for a good trade, depends on your teams, but I like to look at it from present forward, could care less about the first 10 weeks at this point. Alot of so-called "proven" backs underperforming thus far.

SAMKON!

1152698[/snapback]

LoL. I wish my trade dealine was not over. I would be looking for fools to trade Gado to. I know the guy with Westbrook in my league would not be foolish enough to do it.but there is a couple that I bet would.

This being said, Gado does have another good week coming up against Minne.

I think Gado could be a good player, but he scored 3 TD's last week. I would trade him if I had him.

I guess 600 yards... 6 rush TD's in remaining 7 games.  (based on 26 carries per game at 3.3 yards per carry).

1152688[/snapback]

I agree. I think Hugh's predictions are too low if he stays healthy. I think 75-80 yards a game and 5-6 TD's. When Ferguson gets back and the p[assing game gets better Gado's numbers will be good. Like Hugh says we'll see in a few weeks. I'll bookmark this so we can see who is right.

Edited by Randall

I apologize.

That would be a excellent deal for you, the kind of move that can really help you win a championship.

1152846[/snapback]

Wow, Funny stuff-could not disagree more- would take Gado over BW in a heartbeat- BW value is not good- Philly is DONE. Gado will continue to get carries, and run his ass off to prove himself, only neg. is they got Chi twice- other than that Gado outperforms BW rest of the way.

Any room in that league of yours?? LOL

Wow, Funny stuff-could not disagree more- would take Gado over BW in a heartbeat- BW value is not good- Philly is DONE. Gado will continue to get carries, and run his ass off to prove himself, only neg. is they got Chi twice- other than that Gado outperforms BW rest of the way.

Any room in that league of yours?? LOL

1152878[/snapback]

LOL, our players are very experienced. They would just take advantage of a guy like you and you would get sick of sitting in last place and quit.