[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cheez-it Burgers

DMD

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

along the same lines -- one burger recipe i saw was to fry up some bacon before making the burger, then crumble the bacon and mix it in to the ground beef before grilling. i tried it and it was great.

anyone tried combining cheez-its AND crumbled bacon? god, now i'm salivating.

• 8 months later...

Just to reprise the only culinary invention I have ever had, I highly suggest the next time you grill burgers to take a very thin patty and cover the top of it with a layer of cheez-its, then apply a second patty on top of that and smoosh the edges so that no cheez-its show. After grilling, you get a cheeseburger effect without the messiness of cheese and the cracker absorbs the juice making the burger even juicier.

Mmmmm.... Cheez-it burgers. :D

OMG. :D DMD stop. That's twice in a row, two different posts that you've instantly made my mouth water. You must be some sort of Hamburger expert because both times your idea sounds amazing.

I want one.

:bash:

No, no... I want two. :clap:

Well...

it was not bad--not breathtaking, but not bad at all. I think the Cheez-its potentially dried out the hamburger ever so slightly (I was using 90/10 ground sirloin). (I even cooked another one for lunch today just to reconfirm my thoughts.)

The mushroom/swiss burger that I made for my wife was better (but that was probably the best burger I ever cooked in my whole life).

I will be trying this within the next few days :D I wonder if Doritos would be good :D

OK well I lied I didn't make one until a couple nights ago.......it only took me 9 months but it turned out pretty good. I have to tweek it a little I think I had too much burger for the amount of cheez-its, but overall I think it was good.

Oh and I had to use my kids Spongebob Cheez-its because that's all we had :tup:

it was not bad--not breathtaking, but not bad at all. I think the Cheez-its potentially dried out the hamburger ever so slightly (I was using 90/10 ground sirloin). (I even cooked another one for lunch today just to reconfirm my thoughts.)

The mushroom/swiss burger that I made for my wife was better (but that was probably the best burger I ever cooked in my whole life).

That there's the problem! You need them thar greasy burgers for more better flavor and your recommended daily amount of Vitamin G.

• 2 years later...
I do that with blue cheese. Friggin' scrumptous. :wacko:

That's the basis of the burger I've been working on over the last couple of days. Blue cheese in the middle of two patties, magic dust on both sides of the burger, a Carollina mustard base BBQ sauce as a condiment, lettuce and tomato. Mmmm good. Tonight I'm going to try slicing an avacado instead of the L&T.

A word of caution, that blue cheese is f'ing hot! I bit into my burger and some of the hot cheese oozed over my thumb promptly burning me. You may want to consider letting that burger cool a bit.

A word of caution, that blue cheese is f'ing hot! I bit into my burger and some of the hot cheese oozed over my thumb promptly burning me. You may want to consider letting that burger cool a bit.

I've done it with blue cheese, gorgonzola or cheddar...It just depends on what I feel like. I can't bring myself to put cheeze its into my burger.