Sign in to follow this  
Crazysight

Hot waiver-wire pickup!

Recommended Posts

I've got a good feeling about this one:

 

Jeff Legwold, of the Rocky Mountain News, reports Denver Broncos RB Ron Dayne got more work in practice than usual Tuesday, Nov. 22. Dayne may get more carries in Week 12 than usual due to RB Tatum Bell's (chest) injury.

 

He probably won't be owned in most leagues. Pick him up while you can.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I've got a good feeling about this one:

 

Jeff Legwold, of the Rocky Mountain News, reports Denver Broncos RB Ron Dayne got more work in practice than usual Tuesday, Nov. 22. Dayne may get more carries in Week 12 than usual due to RB Tatum Bell's (chest) injury.

 

He probably won't be owned in most leagues.  Pick him up while you can.

 

1168436[/snapback]

 

 

 

As a ny giant fan, I can tell you that Ron Dayne blows. Unless Anderson goes down, he;s usless

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
As a ny giant fan, I can tell you that Ron Dayne blows.  Unless Anderson goes down, he;s usless

 

1168455[/snapback]

 

 

 

 

No, he blew in New York. There's a difference between blowing in the Giant's offense and blowing in Denver's.

 

If he gets opportunities I have a feeling he'll do quite well.

Edited by Crazysight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
No, he blew in New York.  There's a difference between blowing in the Giant's offense and blowing in Denver's.

 

If he gets opportunities I have a feeling he'll do quite well.

 

1168470[/snapback]

 

 

 

don't say i didn't warn u...but understand ur theory

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't touch him with a very long stick. Shanahan will use Anderson heavily and Dayne will spell him - maybe - once or twice, assuming Bell is out. Anderson will see all the goal line action.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I wouldn't touch him with a very long stick.

 

1168690[/snapback]

 

 

 

What if he's the next Gado? ... :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah the feeling could be due to all the Josh Gordon I'd smoked :D But he should get some carries with bell out, and if by chance something should happen to anderson during these last few weeks he could end up being a real savior.

 

I dropped Tony Hollings to pick him up. I figure the chance is at least worth that much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dayne would be a good pickup if Anderson and Bell weren't there.  Just hard to see the value.  But he had a good game today.

 

1172279[/snapback]

 

 

 

 

Yeah that's the thing...one of thsoe guys would still need to go down for Dayne's value to be of real significance. Those two will still get their share of carries if they're healthy. But he's still good to hold on to in deep keeper leagues (like mine).

Edited by Crazysight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yeah that's the thing...one of thsoe guys would still need to go down for Dayne's value to be of real significance.  Those two will still get their share of carries if they're healthy.  But he's still good to hold on to in deep keeper leagues (like mine).

 

1172310[/snapback]

 

 

 

 

 

Anyway - good call - glad it worked for you - hope you win

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe...

 

...but even if that IS the case, in FF better lucky than good :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maybe...

 

...but even if that IS the case, in FF better lucky than good  :D

 

1172402[/snapback]

 

 

 

 

Fantasy football is about 20% preparation and skill to expose yourself to the right probabilities and opportunities and the other 80% is flat out luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lucky call  :D

 

1172399[/snapback]

 

 

 

 

Not true...it would have been "luck" had I started him over any of my regulars. But I didn't, I merely picked him up while I still could. I try to keep chance out of the picture as much as possible because it doesn't usually work for me. Even if Dayne doesn't have value this year he should at least have value in the future.

 

But I did start Rod Smith who had a TD and good yardage. That at least gets me off to a pretty good start.

Edited by Crazysight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
good 1 week call....did anderson get hurt, or was it just dayne spelling him, then being effective?

 

1172633[/snapback]

 

 

 

 

 

Anderson fumbled on the Denver 20 yl. It gave the Cowbys the tieing score.

 

Den backfield will be back to normal next week - Dayne, Anderson and Bell (and no one will know who get the most carries)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
What if he's the next Gado? ...  :D

 

1168749[/snapback]

 

 

 

He IS the next GADO......back to the bench just like Gado, when Bell comes back !!!! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I wouldn't touch him with a very long stick.  Shanahan will use Anderson heavily and Dayne will spell him - maybe - once or twice, assuming Bell is out.  Anderson will see all the goal line action.

 

1168690[/snapback]

 

 

 

Well, that wasn't one of my more successful analyses. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I refuse to pick up Ron Dayne. Thanks fpr the heads up, but I'd rather lose than have that guy on my team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.