[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Las Vegas and WCOFF Week 2006.

skylive5

To get a team into WCOFF you must download and send in an application w/money. Not sure when the 2006 application will be available.

All you need to know is here:

http://www.wcoff.com/

I believe that the teams that are already playing have first dibs and then they have a waiting list. H8 and REZ know more about this than I.

My plan is to send in the application with the total amount due attached and that way it might give me an edge or someone that only sends in half.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I won all my money at the let it ride table at the Beau Rivage.... Talked to them about you and they said the word on the street was that the guy in the pink shirt with the sheep smell played like an amateur and I shouldn't give you any of my winnings. So I didn't. :D

1182080[/snapback]

I never play without my lucky shirt... :D

To get a team into WCOFF you must download and send in an application w/money. Not sure when the 2006 application will be available.

All you need to know is here:

http://www.wcoff.com/

I believe that the teams that are already playing have first dibs and then they have a waiting list. H8 and REZ know more about this than I.

My plan is to send in the application with the total amount due attached and that way it might give me an edge or someone that only sends in half.

1182218[/snapback]

Returning contestants can reserve spots in Jan. New applicants can reserve in late Feb I believe.

So, what are the requirements to get a team in to WCOFF?  Does there need to be a certain amount of interest to get a league going or...:D  Yes, I am a WCOFF slow...:D

1182185[/snapback]

Q. Why is it illegal for folks from Arizona, Iowa, Louisiana, etc. to enter the WCOFF?

A. Well, actually, we don't think it is illegal for people from those states to enter. But our attorneys advised us to reject any principal participant who identifies himself or herself from those states. The reason being that there are some quirky laws on the books in those states that could cause a legal hassle for us down the road. We would rather avoid the hassle altogether.

Q. Can I have a co-manager from Arizona, Louisiana, Arkansas, Montana, Iowa, Vermont, or North Dakota?

A. Yes, co-managers may be from any state. But we are voiding applications which indicate the principal participant is from one of the excluded states.

:doah:

Q. Why is it illegal for folks from Arizona, Iowa, Louisiana, etc. to enter the WCOFF?

A. Well, actually, we don't think it is illegal for people from those states to enter. But our attorneys advised us to reject any principal participant who identifies himself or herself from those states. The reason being that there are some quirky laws on the books in those states that could cause a legal hassle for us down the road. We would rather avoid the hassle altogether.

Q. Can I have a co-manager from Arizona, Louisiana, Arkansas, Montana, Iowa, Vermont, or North Dakota?

A. Yes, co-managers may be from any state. But we are voiding applications which indicate the principal participant is from one of the excluded states.

:doah:

1182534[/snapback]

If I remember correctly, the guys who started WCOFF are based in Phoenix :D

Basically, there are 6oo+ teams, split evenly into leagues of 12 teams each.

Each team costs $1800, and you can have a Mgr and/or co-Mgr at the draft. (We have a Mgr/cdMgr at draft with 9 other investors, we all make the decisions together as far as drafting and free agency. Next year will be our 4th year)

You compete against the other 11 teams in your league through week 11, week 12 pits each leagues top two guys, one head to head, the other total points. winner of that get $5000 and goes on to play against the other league winner through weeks 13-16 total points only, that winner gets $200,000 and tickets to Probowl, in years past it was Superbowl.

There are many other smaller prizes, this year we came in 3rd and won $500, and are playing in a consolation bowl for a chance at another $3000.

You get a $1000 for FA, and it is blind bidding, as many as you want, but when $1000 is gone, no more pickups. We bid $733 on tyson thompson this year. :D

Planning on being there to compete in WCOFF 2006 and, more importantly, get drunk with fellow Huddlers. :D

Which will be followed by more :lol::yay:

And more :brew:

And then, outside the bar, we run into a rival gang from FFToday, where we :D:D:D:D

Then the :D come and we're all :lock: in the drunk tank for a long night of :sick::D and more :sick: (and at one point, spain gets a weird look in his eye and, mistaking Sky for a goat, :huh: the unsuspecting older gentleman and gives him a little :D )

This is followed, in the morning, by some much needed :D, some more :sick: and a Vegas appellate :D giving us all $500 fines and a :D about lewd drunkenness and acting like ;) 's in public.

Edited by msaint

Planning on being there to compete in WCOFF 2006 and, more importantly, get drunk with fellow Huddlers. :D

Which will be followed by more :lol::yay:

And more :brew:

And then, outside the bar, we run into a rival gang from FFToday, where we :D:D:D:D

Then the :D come and we're all :lock: in the drunk tank for a long night of :sick::D and more :sick: (and at one point, spain gets a weird look in his eye and, mistaking Sky for a goat, :huh: the unsuspecting older gentleman and gives him a little :D )

This is followed, in the morning, by some much needed :D, some more :sick: and a Vegas appellate :D giving us all $500 fines and a :D about lewd drunkenness and acting like ;) 's in public.

1185326[/snapback]

Sleep is so last year.

1185326[/snapback]

Wise and smart Huddlers all melt into the woodwork just as the police arrive and all they have left to arrest will be FFToday guys who most definitely are NOT wise and smart. :D

After the police leave with their vans.... Huddlers come out of the woodwork and the party continues into the start of the morning games. :D

that's funny. I think you are correct that one of them is. Lives there I believe.

1182749[/snapback]

Emil is in New Mexico, I believe, and Lenny in upstate NY.

Knowing that some have to put in for their vacations well well in advance. And knowing that most Huddlers seem to have a memory as long as their......... well, anyway... I was thinking maybe I need to take a roll call of who all will be there next year so that I can start making plans early for the best rates.

If I am not mistaken... the WCOFF Draft will be held on Sat the 9th of Sept.

I am sure of the following Huddlers being there:

DMD*

WW*

Steel Bunz***

Spain**

skylive* **

darin3***

Big Country***

Swiss Cheezhead**

REZ**

H8tank**

Jedi* **

slugfear*

my obsession...because he lives there :D

'canes2004**

I Like Soup***

crispirons (90%)***

rocknrobn26 (98%)***

Menudo*

msaint*

twiley(90%)***

* denotes having a team in WCOFF and will be drafting or helping during breaks.

** denotes Huddles Heroes member.

*** denotes in Vegas to party with other Huddlers.

Soooo..... please confirm and feel free to add your name so I can get my list set up. :D Never too early to plan.

1174056[/snapback]

Sure sounds fun. Dang I'd like to go. DMD, Wow...how much does it cost to have a team? One of these days I'd love to come and watch all the festivities. :D

Sure sounds fun.  Dang I'd like to go.  DMD, Wow...how much does it cost to have a team?  One of these days I'd love to come and watch all the festivities.  :D

1186010[/snapback]

BTW DMD, did you have a team this year? How ya doing with that?

Sure sounds fun.  Dang I'd like to go.  DMD, Wow...how much does it cost to have a team?  One of these days I'd love to come and watch all the festivities.  :D

1186010[/snapback]

You don't need a team to come and party down with the rest of us. :D

Knowing that some have to put in for their vacations well well in advance. And knowing that most Huddlers seem to have a memory as long as their......... well, anyway... I was thinking maybe I need to take a roll call of who all will be there next year so that I can start making plans early for the best rates.

If I am not mistaken... the WCOFF Draft will be held on Sat the 9th of Sept.

I am sure of the following Huddlers being there:

darin3***

* denotes having a team in WCOFF and will be drafting or helping during breaks.

** denotes Huddles Heroes member.

*** denotes in Vegas to party with other Huddlers.

Soooo..... please confirm and feel free to add your name so I can get my list set up. :D Never too early to plan.

1174056[/snapback]

:D Who says I won't be there to draft next year?

:D

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys! I dont know if Independance Air flys to Las Vegas or not, but they are cheap! I had to fly to Washington Dulles last week. the flight from Nashville was $200 round trip. that is about 1/2 of what I am used to paying. Might be worth checking out when you make your flight arrangements...

Hey guys!  I dont know if Independance Air flys to Las Vegas or not, but they are cheap!  I had to fly to Washington Dulles last week.  the flight from Nashville was $200 round trip.  that is about 1/2 of what I am used to paying.  Might be worth checking out when you make your flight arrangements...

1228228[/snapback]

or, if you are really cheap, you can dig around in a dumpster at wendy's and get 64 biggie drink cups, and get a free flight from airtran. if they fly from your area. a buddy i know has done this alot. he has sold a bunch of flights on ebay at 100 bucks a pop. free round trip airfare is pretty cool for free. you can get up to 2 for yourself. ebay has been taking them off the board, but people are disguising it in other ways.

you can put me down as definetly there in vegas. i will probably be leaving the soul less city of orlando for the sin city in the middle of next month. we can talk about doing a team sky in the near future. have to see where the finances are at, but i don't foresee it being a problem if you want to go in halfsies. look forward to meeting all of you. especially jules.

:D

edit: sky, you can't let me talk you into drafting a rookie rb in the third round though. we also can't draft michael clayton.

Edited by crispirons

you can put me down as definetly there in vegas. 

Outstanding news!

edit:  sky, you can't let me talk you into drafting a rookie rb in the third round though.  we also can't draft michael clayton.

The odds of a player named Clayton being on a roster of mine are between slim and none. Would definitely take the under. :D Rookie RB in the 3rd... hmmmm....

1228392[/snapback]

Edit... *sigh* Can't keep my Clayton's in order....

Edited by skylive5