[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Free Advice

rew70

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Veteran I approve. 

Randy Moss Housh or Chambers

Pick 1.

Performance scoring

1197549[/snapback]

I say Housh. I think Chambers' performance last week was a fluke and not indicative of things to come. Why did it take until week 13 for that breakout? I think Moss is till injured although not to the effect it's been made out to be. However I think he's hobbled just the same. Until they can get the QB situation figured out, I would stay away. Housh is solid and very involved in their passing game. Palmer chucks it around the yard and with the double coverage that CJ gets and will continue to get, Housh remains the beneficiary of that and thus far has delivered. He has a decent matchup with CLE and should continue to be productive.

I think this week it's the Jordan show in Oakland as he faces his former team.

Good luck!

I say Housh.  I think Chambers' performance last week was a fluke and not indicative of things to come.  Why did it take until week 13 for that breakout?  I think Moss is till injured although not to the effect it's been made out to be.  However I think he's hobbled just the same.  Until they can get the QB situation figured out, I would stay away.  Housh is solid and very involved in their passing game.  Palmer chucks it around the yard and with the double coverage that CJ gets and will continue to get, Housh remains the beneficiary of that and thus far has delivered. He has a decent matchup with CLE and should continue to be productive.

I think this week it's the Jordan show in Oakland as he faces his former team.

Good luck!

1197566[/snapback]

Hey Whoop that Trick and Hated by Many this is how it's done :D

whew, not sure where all that came from. Just trying to get some dicussion for fantasy lineups this week. By answering your posts, I will also see how my competition may think as well as sway my own decisions. You've got questions? I've got answers...of course they are also just my opinions.

Bring it on!!

Funny...

:D

but not as funny as your IDP thread that no one even looks at.  :D

1197592[/snapback]

As far as you know... you apparently track it quite closely. Even still, you got served up by a teenager. :D Nicely done.

P.S. How do you determine which alias you're using? I prefer Hated By Many. It's far more telling.

Edited by darin3

whew, not sure where all that came from.  Just trying to get some dicussion for fantasy lineups this week.  By answering your posts, I will also see how my competition may think as well as sway my own decisions.  You've got questions?  I've got answers...of course they are also just my opinions.

Bring it on!!

1197600[/snapback]

My RB situation is a pile of crap and it's officially hit the fan. See sigline for more info. 5-point bonuses for 100+ yards rushing (or receiving) and for receiving/passing TDs for RBs.

Parker is not a good start against the tough Chicago D, despite Sam Gado somehow accruing 75 yards and a score last week.

K. Jones is a complete bust, as we all know. If he was healthy, he'd be a must-start against Green Bay.

C. Brown is probably my best bet, if he's healthy. Looks like the ankle was OK against the Colts. Houston gives it up like a 2-dollar ho.

G. Jones is probably the next best bet, assuming Taylor's out again. This, despite playing against the Colts. I figure the Jags will try and control the ball and play tough D. Something tells me, however, that Taylor will play this week.

What are your thoughts here? First week of the playoffs... obviously need to win! Thanks!

Bring it on!!

1197600[/snapback]

Ok, I'll bite.

I am a victim of the Radier QB situation. I picked up a few QBs and now go into the playoffs with these stellar QBs to pick from:

Losman

TuiadontsupposeIKnow

Fitzpatrick

Collins

I was leaning towards Losman cuz he faces the Pats pathetic secondary. I'm facing a team w/ P. Manning at the helm but I have a better supporting cast so I shouldn't need a killer day - just solid.

Standard scoring.

My RB situation is a pile of crap and it's officially hit the fan.  See sigline for more info.  5-point bonuses for 100+ yards rushing (or receiving) and for receiving/passing TDs for RBs.

Parker is not a good start against the tough Chicago D, despite Sam Gado somehow accruing 75 yards and a score last week.

K. Jones is a complete bust, as we all know.  If he was healthy, he'd be a must-start against Green Bay.

C. Brown is probably my best bet, if he's healthy.  Looks like the ankle was OK against the Colts.  Houston gives it up like a 2-dollar ho. 

G. Jones is probably the next best bet, assuming Taylor's out again.  This, despite playing against the Colts.  I figure the Jags will try and control the ball and play tough D.  Something tells me, however, that Taylor will play this week. 

What are your thoughts here?  First week of the playoffs... obviously need to win!  Thanks!

1197624[/snapback]

You're right about Parker. Don't like him at all against CHI but they are a better running team than GB. However Gado got his yards because the Bears were not going to let Favre beat them and focused on shutting him down. This week I think CHI focuses on the run and forces a gimpy Ben to beat them. The injury to K.Jones doesn't make him a good play either unless he gets real healthy real quick. Monitor the injury reports and his progress. That matchup is nice.

However C. Brown and G. Jones look to be your best options at this point. Remember Indy played smashmouth ball against PIT because that's how PIT plays and Indy wanted to send a message. Indy has historically not done the damage to JAX that they do to other opponents. JAX will try to control the clock by running the ball to keep Manning and Co. off the field. Hard to score form the sidelines. And I'm not sold on Taylor's health. even if he does play, my guess is Jones still gets the bulk of the carries. And Houston is just terrible and gives up yards in chunks.

Brown should have little trouble in getting over on them.

So I say as of right now Brown and G. Jones are your players for the week. Good Luck!

Ok, I'll bite.

I am a victim of the Radier QB situation.  I picked up a few QBs and now go into the playoffs with these stellar QBs to pick from:

Losman

TuiadontsupposeIKnow

Fitzpatrick

Collins

I was leaning towards Losman cuz he faces the Pats pathetic secondary.  I'm facing a team w/ P. Manning at the helm but I have a better supporting cast so I shouldn't need a killer day - just solid.

Standard scoring.

1197625[/snapback]

That's tough there. Let's go by process of elimination. At this poitn I would steer clear of the Oakland saga. Plus I believe this week it will be the Jordan show as he faces his old team. weather could be a factor in the passing game, but LJ played there and any cold and/or inclement weather will not bother him.

So that brings me to JP. I'm really not sold on this guy and would be in the air between him and Fitz. Grantedhe had a field day last week, but is that the norm? has been this year. He is building a good relationship with Evans which would be nice to see continue. He plays NE who is quietly getting healthier and healthier. No way he reproduces that performance again. Buf and NE won't be a shootout like the MIN/STL game should be.

Next, last week Fitz got 163 and a touch. Not great by Fantasy standards but not Ortonesque either. He has a nice matchup this week against Minny but they are playing much better and have gained much confidence over the last 5 weeks.

Right now I have to give the nod to Fitz. The matchup is better and he has more talent around him to help get the job done. Last week was the result of playing a decent defense in Washington and he should be able to do some damage against Minny inside the dome. They typically play a high scoring game so he would be my pick.

Good luck!

Hey Whoop that Trick and Hated by Many this is how it's done :D

1197572[/snapback]

all you do is run your mouth..i think you an annoying little piece of SHI#^&*$^zza

so why don't you just lipolymphohemangiomas hemihypertrophy!!!ccckkkiiinnnn layy offf and find a better hobby..

::D

Don't bring my name into this...

I already don't like you as it is.

1197581[/snapback]

i don't think anybody does..this kid talk and talks.. ::D

okay Rew , here is my problem this week ..need help and let me know what you think based on below ----

first week of playoffs ...my team is set except for my # 3 WR

choices not deep ..so here we go :

1. Koren Robinson - nice game vs Lions and review is they expect him to be involved in the offense more however playing the Rams should mean alot of running the ball as Rams even more miserable at stopping run than the pass

2. Eric Parker - Problem is SD has alot of weapons before him with LDT , Gates , etc ..Parker has scored in 2 of 3 last games but my fear is if he does not score his numbers are below average at best

3. Nortcutt - not an attractive play but wondering if Frye will throw to him this week now that Braylon edwards done for year and Cleveland very likely playing from behind vs Bengals this weekend ( Big Ben lit up the Bengal defense last week )

of these 3 above i need to start 1 ...WDIS and why ?

::D

Don't bring my name into this...

I already don't like you as it is.

1197581[/snapback]

all you do is run your mouth..i think you an annoying little piece of SHI#^&*$^zza

so why don't you just lipolymphohemangiomas hemihypertrophy!!!ccckkkiiinnnn layy offf and find a better hobby..

i don't think anybody does..this kid talk and talks..  ::D

1197701[/snapback]

OK this is a first, ladies and gents... this guy is replying to himself. :D:D

Edit: :D This is a major infraction. Will need The Referee to :D go under the camera shroud for this one.

Sorry for the hijack, rew... and thanks for the thoughts on my crappy RBs! :D

Edited by darin3

:D  'cuz you can't be logged into two accounts in different browsers here... nice try, sparky

1197725[/snapback]

where do you see me and whoop being the same person..

when you come up with a logical un-proven reason that we are not different people...come talk to me..until then take your little headset using a$$ and go make some more useless IDP threads

Edited by Hated-By-Many