[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Free Advice

rew70

Funny...

:D

but not as funny as your IDP thread that no one even looks at.  :D

1197592[/snapback]

I never understood why he wasted his own time with that IDP thread. He does such a great job breaking down IDP's as a paid employee of The Huddle. Basically he answers all the questions in his work so we don't have any need to pick his brain in the thread.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think you can pass up the chance for your QB to play SF.  SF is terrible on the road and will be ripe for the picking.  Go with Hass at QB.  ARZ is still ARZ and Washington poses a tough matchup for them.

Anderson at RB.  You don't want any Eagle offensive player and the G-men will pose problems for Moats.  RB shares with Bong Williams and you never know from week to week who has the better game and besides SD is pretty tough against the run but not so much against the pass.

You have some decent matchups at Wr, but I'm going to say Galloway and Bennett.  Jurevicius will be a nice play if DJax is out.  You'll have to monitor that. But Galloway is the main man there and is always dangerous for a long TD and he should get about 90 yds and a score this week.  Houston cannot stop anyone so Bennett should have no trouble with his size to get good yards and a score there.  I look for around 70-80 yards and a score out of him, maybe more.  Moss is mired in QB hell and MRob is giving way to KRob and Evans will be playing in a typically low scoring game.

Cooley at TE. He's a safety blanket for Brunell and MB looks his way often.  As TEs go, he's a good one to have.

I like Edinger in the dome for your Kicker.  Peterson is solid, Akers won't get the chances.  PE in a high scoring game.

And finally I actually like GB this week against a woeful Detroit team.

Good luck!

1197952[/snapback]

Sorry I meant K-Rob not M-Rob.

Edinger is an interesting pick though.

OK we play the whole season. I am in third and seriously fighting for second.

Performance scoring +1 per reception/carry, bonus over 100 yrds.

Here is what is in the waiver wire

RB:

CuMar

DeShaun Foster

WR:

Chambers

Housh

I have to drop one of my players to pick up one RB for RB, WR for WR

RB:

T.Jones

M. Anderson

WR:

Engram

Driver

Would you take the risk to pick up a waiver for the rest of the season???

Thanks in advance!!

Sorry I meant K-Rob not M-Rob.

Edinger is an interesting pick though.

1197981[/snapback]

I am high on KRob, but I don't thinkyou can wrong with him or Bennett.

Edinger is sneaky good. I thought he was solid outdoors for CHI and now that he's on an offense that actually scores points and moves the ball, his opportunities have increased and he's made good on those. And having a dome kicker is always a plus.

sup!

Which RB's to start? Need to start 2:

Julius Jones

Willie Parker

Rueben Droughns

Carnell Williams

Tatum Bell

Which QB? Need to start 1:

Warner

Brunell

the rest of my lineup:

2 WR's = Boldin and C. Johnson

1 TE = Heath Miller

Kick = Vanderjagt

Def = Panthers

IF I WIN THIS WEEK, I WIN MY DIVISION!!!AND INTO THE PLAYOFFS...

IF I LOSE, I'M DONE FOR THE YEAR!!!

would you trade r.smith and e.kennison for d.foster and t.glenn.

1197976[/snapback]

No, I think you are fine with Jordan and Davis and those 2 WRs have been solid this year and should remain so. I don't think you are adding value way above what you currently have. I think your team is pretty solid as it is.

I am high on KRob, but I don't thinkyou can wrong with him or Bennett.

Edinger is sneaky good.  I thought he was solid outdoors for CHI and now that he's on an offense that actually scores points and moves the ball, his opportunities have increased and he's made good on those.  And having a dome kicker is always a plus.

1197988[/snapback]

Wait a second doesnt CHI play PITT this week in PITT?

OK we play the whole season. I am in third and seriously fighting for second.

Performance scoring +1 per reception/carry, bonus over 100 yrds.

Here is what is in the waiver wire

RB:

CuMar

DeShaun Foster

WR:

Chambers

Housh

I have to drop one of my players to pick up one RB for RB, WR for WR

RB:

T.Jones

M. Anderson

WR:

Engram

Driver

Would you take the risk to pick up a waiver for the rest of the season???

Thanks in advance!!

1197987[/snapback]

At RB I would stick with what you have. Personally I think both are better options than what's available.

At WR, I'd be real tempted to grab Housh and drop Engram. I'm not sold on Chambers as I think this past week was an aberration and not the norm else why did it take this long for him to have a huge game? Engram just caught his first TD of the year so I wouldn't say he's lighting it up by ay means. whereas Housh is solid and gets plenty of looks with CJ doubled all the time. Driver is still the main option in GB and he's fairly solid. If Chambers had produced anymore than he has I would say grab him for Driver, but until he proves he can sustain good performance I would stick with Driver.

Love football and follow it closely.  Give me your lineup questions or any questions and let's make some decisions.

A few answers and the reasons why to help you win your league.

1197546[/snapback]

My Team

QB's/ Brooks, Garrard, Losman,(Bulger injured)

RB's/ LT, Parker, R.Brown, JJ Arrington

WR's/ Burress, Branch, Key Johnson

TE/ Crumpler

K/ Vanderjagt

LB's/ A. Davis, Vrable

DL's/ Abraham, G. Ellis, K. Edwards

DB's/ K. Rhodes, C. Gamble, Archulleta

TD Points (rush,pass, or recieving)

0-9 yds= 6pts

10-24 yds= 8pts

25-39 yds= 10pts

40+ yds= 12pts

Passing Yds

260+ PaYds = 1 point for every 10 PaYds

Plus a 3 point bonus @ 250+ PaYd

Rushing Yards

80+ RuYds = 1 point for every 10 RuYds

Plus a 3 point bonus @ 70+ RuYd

Basically I need advise on who to start at QB and RB, I'm allowed 1 QB and 2 RB's

LT is defitnately a must start but I don't know who to start at as my 2nd RB, I have been starting Parker but he has been lousy, This is a must win week and I would really appreciate some input from anyone. Thanks

sup!

Which RB's to start? Need to start 2:

Julius Jones

Willie Parker

Rueben Droughns

Carnell Williams

Tatum Bell

Which QB? Need to start 1:

Warner

Brunell

the rest of my lineup:

2 WR's = Boldin and C. Johnson

1 TE = Heath Miller

Kick = Vanderjagt

Def = Panthers

IF I WIN THIS WEEK, I WIN MY DIVISION!!!AND INTO THE PLAYOFFS...

IF I LOSE, I'M DONE FOR THE YEAR!!!

1197989[/snapback]

Droughns has been solid all year and should continue his ways even though I think he has a tough matchup this week. But I think you can expect 90 yards and a score and maybe another 10-20 in the air. With your choices, I don' think you can bench him. Then I would go with Caddy. Think he can get 70-80 on the ground, another 20 or so through the air and find the endzone this week. That's a fairly solid fantasy day.

At QB, I like Warner. Better WRs and they will be throwing all game. 270 and 2 TDs from him. Plus you have the hookup with Boldin. I like that combo this week.

Good Luck!

My Team

QB's/ Brooks, Garrard, Losman,(Bulger injured)

RB's/ LT, Parker, R.Brown, JJ Arrington

WR's/ Burress, Branch, Key Johnson

TE/ Crumpler

K/ Vanderjagt

LB's/ A. Davis, Vrable

DL's/ Abraham, G. Ellis, K. Edwards

DB's/ K. Rhodes, C. Gamble, Archulleta

TD Points (rush,pass, or recieving)

0-9 yds= 6pts

10-24 yds= 8pts

25-39 yds= 10pts

40+ yds= 12pts

Passing Yds

260+ PaYds = 1 point for every 10 PaYds

Plus a 3 point bonus @ 250+ PaYd

Rushing Yards

80+ RuYds = 1 point for every 10 RuYds

Plus a 3 point bonus @ 70+ RuYd

Basically I need advise on who to start at QB and RB, I'm allowed 1 QB and 2 RB's

LT is defitnately a must start but I don't know who to start at as my 2nd RB, I have been starting Parker but he has been lousy, This is a must win week and I would really appreciate some input from anyone. Thanks

1198031[/snapback]

I think you have to go with R. Brown. based on what you have and matchups. Just hope RW doesn't hawk his TD. Parker will find it tough going against a very good CHI defense and JJ doesn't get a steady feed of running plays to make him more valueable than Brown. ARZ will throw too much for him to be considered out of yur bunch.

Brooks gives you the best chance at 200 yards and 2 TDs due to matchup and a lack of a running game.

Good Luck!

10-3, won my division, first round bye. Westbrook just went down for the year so i have an open roster spot.

Here is my team as of right now:

Starters listed first:

QB 1: Brady, Bledsoe

RB 2: Tomlinson, Deshaun Foster, Kevin Jones, Dominic Rhodes, Brian Westbrook

WR 3: Harrison, Galloway, Burress, Eric Parker

TE 1: Cooley, L.J. Smith

K 1: Vanderjagt

D/ST: Bengals

The Bengals have a nice matchup on 12/18 at Detroit and if I win that game, another good matchup 12/24 home against Buffalo. Am I set with these two weeks? Or should I drop Westbrook and pickup the Dolphins who go against the Jets (12/18) and the Titans (12/24)? Or should I scour the waiver wire for a position player? What do you think?

I think you have to go with R. Brown. based on what you have and matchups.  Just hope RW doesn't hawk his TD.  Parker will find it tough going against a very good CHI defense and JJ doesn't get a steady feed of running plays to make him more valueable than Brown.  ARZ will throw too much for him to be considered out of yur bunch.

Brooks gives you the best chance at 200 yards and 2 TDs due to matchup and a lack of a running game.

Good Luck!

1198053[/snapback]

Thanks for your input, I appreciate it

At RB I would stick with what you have.  Personally I think both are better options than what's available.

At WR, I'd be real tempted to grab Housh and drop Engram.  I'm not sold on Chambers as I think this past week was an aberration and not the norm else why did it take this long for him to have a huge game?  Engram just caught his first TD of the year so I wouldn't say he's lighting it up by ay means.  whereas Housh is solid and gets plenty of looks with CJ doubled all the time.  Driver is still the main option in GB and he's fairly solid. If Chambers had produced anymore than he has I would say grab him for Driver, but until he proves he can sustain good performance I would stick with Driver.

1198024[/snapback]

OK another wrinkle. I left a WR off, Isaac Bruce. Sorry!!

Would you release Bruce before Engram to pick up Housh?? I will have to start two of the three (Driver, Engram/Housh, Bruce/Housh) this week.

Edited by cre8tiff

Good stuff Rew, good to see some well thought out responses in a FA advice thread.

But you're wrong on KRob. :D

1198378[/snapback]

What did he say?

-------

I have (pick 3)

Holt @ Minn

Driver VS Det

Stallworth VS Atl

Galloway VS Carolina

10-3, won my division, first round bye. Westbrook just went down for the year so i have an open roster spot.

Here is my team as of right now:

Starters listed first:

QB 1: Brady, Bledsoe

RB 2: Tomlinson, Deshaun Foster, Kevin Jones, Dominic Rhodes, Brian Westbrook

WR 3: Harrison, Galloway, Burress, Eric Parker

TE 1: Cooley, L.J. Smith

K 1: Vanderjagt

D/ST: Bengals

The Bengals have a nice matchup on 12/18 at Detroit and if I win that game, another good matchup 12/24 home against Buffalo. Am I set with these two weeks? Or should I drop Westbrook and pickup the Dolphins who go against the Jets (12/18) and the Titans (12/24)? Or should I scour the waiver wire for a position player? What do you think?

1198063[/snapback]

Not knowing who's available for you to grab I'm hesitant to say. However I do think your team is solid as it stands. I think you have decent starters and backups in the case they sit. I wouldn't grab the Dolphins over the Bengals defense. But I may scour and secure another position player at QB or WR.

Brady is solid and NE is getting healthier so he still has value. Bledsoe has not been playing particularly well over the last 2 weeks so he gives me some concern. You're fine at RB with several combos to chooose from. And Marvin, Burress and Joey should serve you well until Marvin sits which is why I mightgrab another WR. Not sold on Parker, he's too hot and cold. Cooley is a valuable part of that system and Vandy is a stud kicker and won't sit for someone else.

Did you have anyone in particular in mind? What other defenses are available too.

Good Luck!