[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

FF Advice

rew70

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Afternoon REW, lets see what you can do with this mess...

Pick ONE: Brees @ IND, Plummer @ BUF

Pick ONE: Glenn @ WAS, Evans v DEN, KRob v PIT, Toomer v KC

Also, I need a flex guy, the choices here would be anyone left from the above plus Dunn @ CHI, Moats @ STL, T. Gonzales @ NYG.

By the way if it matters, I will be facing Trent Green and Eli Manning this week.

Any advice you might have is REALLY appreciated. I dont know what to do with these clowns :D Hope you can weave some Commonwealth Magic!

Thanks!

Afternoon REW, lets see what you can do with this mess...

Pick ONE: Brees @ IND, Plummer @ BUF

Pick ONE: Glenn @ WAS, Evans v DEN, KRob v PIT, Toomer v KC

Also, I need a flex guy, the choices here would be anyone left from the above plus Dunn @ CHI, Moats @ STL,  T. Gonzales @ NYG.

By the way if it matters, I will be facing Trent Green and Eli Manning this week.

Any advice you might have is REALLY appreciated. I dont know what to do with these clowns  :D Hope you can weave some Commonwealth Magic!

Thanks!

1212818[/snapback]

Right now, I go with Brees. He's gooing to have to throw to keep up with that offense of Indy and that should translate into points. They are playing for their playoff lives and will be trying very hard to score as many as possible. And depending on how effective LT can be, that could mean even more throwing for Brees. Something around 240-250 and 1-2 scores seems reasonable to expect. I think Plummer has been struggling of late and look for the Bills to bounce back somewhat and I think he gets more like 200-220 and 1 TD.

At WR I like Glenn this week. Not because of his performance this past week, but because WAS is now without another starter in the secondary. Glenn should be able to find room and exploit that weakness. Evans has been playing well but he could be matched up with Bailey and that will prvide for a long afternoon for him. Maybe they put CB on Moulds, I wouldn't, but the DEN secondary isn't bad at all.

I think Moats will have another fine day running against STL. Minny just pounded them over and over with their running game and subsequently didn't need to throw. Although field position had lots to do with that. Gonzo seems to be the forgotten man in KC so while he's still a good player, I just don't like the fact that you can no longer depend on 80-90 and a score each week. CHI will be pissed after a poor showing against PIT. Don't like Dunn's chances there compared to the others. Toomer is also interesting and I can see him having a decent game, and that would help negate some of what Eli will do. However I would go Moats at this time. I see Toomer getting around 90 and a possible score whereas I see Moats getting 90 on the ground, another 30 or so in the air and at least 1 score maybe 2.

Good Luck!

caddy at NE or t jones vs atlanta

pick 2

branch vs tampa

engram @ tenn

joe j @ tenn

keyshawn @ was

thx!

1212824[/snapback]

Mmm, I think engram this week. DJax should be back and that will cut into JJ's time. engram has been playing solid all season but just the last 2 gamess been getting the TD looks. he hasn't diappointed with 3 in the last 2 games. TEN doesn't provide any more of a test than Philly or SF did, so I think he's a good bet to push another across and about 80 yards.

I think Keyshawn gets back on track this week against a depleted WAS secondary. Bledsoe didn't find him much this past week and I bet that changes this week. Look for more throws his way and his size should help him take advantage of that.

Good Luck!

Thanks REW, I was pretty much thinking along the same lines...

Really though I had a shot this year until I lost TO and Leftwich. Ever since Ive been rotating misfits and ne'er do wells :D

Anyway thanks again! :D

ok, very important QB decision to make...

Brooks vs. Carolina

or

gulp...Frye @ Oakland...

I lost Collins when he got benched...

1212871[/snapback]

Ouch, that's nasty! However I would go with Frye. Brooks is lost, as is that whole organization. He didn't look good last night and looked to me like he was just going through the motions. I know they have been through a lot this year, but if yoou cannot get jacked up about playing on MNF and show up, why give a rats @$# about playing CAR this weekend?

Frye is getting it done and has earned the right to remain the starter. He has capable WRs in Bryant and Northcutt and with teams having to focus on Droughns, he has a good opportunity to post some decent numbers. Plus Oakland cannot stop anyone. I mean they just lost to Bollinger and the Jets. As much as I love Oakland as a fan, I'm a realist and the reality is they are AWFUL!

Good Luck!

Thanks REW, I was pretty much thinking along the same lines...

Really though I had a shot this year until I lost TO and Leftwich. Ever since Ive been rotating misfits and ne'er do wells   :D

Anyway thanks again!  :D

1212899[/snapback]

I know the feeling. Lost a few myself this year and have had a MASH unit and 2nd-3rd stringers for WRs. Luckily somehow I eeked out the division going 9-5 this year. This week I've got a 10-4 div winner. The other div winner is 12-2 and he's playing the WC who's 8-5-1. Very competitive league this year.

Good luck!

Edited by rew70

Thanks for the advice...

I am also thinking Carolina is going to bounce back and get the win with a good performance from the D...

1212914[/snapback]

I would certainly agree with that. They still have much to play for...they are going to kill NO. Sad, sad, sad.... :D

TD only league (3 pt bonus for 100 yards)

I've been playing musical chairs with my #2 RB (Anderson and Dillon) and guessing wrong the past two weeks.

Which should I go with this week?

Anderson at Buffalo

Dillon vs. Tampa Bay

Do you think K. Robinson is worth considering?

My WR this week

S. Smith at NO

Galloway at NE

Driver at Baltimore

K. Robinson vs Pittsburg

Your thoughts?

Edited by TDExpress

rb's start 2 : d.davis,jordan,or c.williams

wr's start 3 : firzerald,wayne,r.smith,or d.branch

def start 1 : seattle,denver,ind.,or minn.

thanks for the advice

1213101[/snapback]

At RB all are about equal. However while Jordan should have a decent week, he was predicted to do that last week, too. Because Oakland has no QB, teams will stack the box and shut down the running game. So that being said I would lean towards DD and Caddy. I think you can expect to see 90-100 and a score for each.

At WR I think you have to go Fitz, Wayne and Smith. All 3 are scoring threats and can easily top 100 yards. They all have great matchups, especially Fitz playing Houston. I think Indy will find running a bit tough against SD so Manning and Co. will throw all over them. SD is not that good against the pass. And Smith is a good target for Denver who is sure to get things going after a subpar performance last week.

And for your defense, I am going to side with SEA. They ae playing so well right now. Granted the last couple of weeks have given them no competition and that's not going to change this week against a TEN that could only muster 13 points against the Texans. That's poor. SEA has a much better defense than HOU and will roll TEN. Your other choices aren't bad at all, just that SEA has a great matchup against TEN this week and should hold them down. They've allowed 3 points in 2 weeks of play. That ain't bad, regardless of who they play.

Good Luck!

TD only league (3 pt bonus for 100 yards)

I've been playing musical chairs with my #2 RB (Anderson and Dillon) and guessing wrong the past two weeks.

Which should I go with this week?

Anderson at Buffalo

Dillon vs. Tampa Bay

Do you think K. Robinson is worth considering?

My WR this week

S. Smith at NO

Galloway at NE

Driver at Baltimore

K. Robinson vs Pittsburg

Your thoughts?

1213196[/snapback]

I think Dillon will find it harder to run this week against a tough TB defense than Anderson will against BUF. I think both are about the same in what kind of numbers they may put up, but I give the edge to Anderson due to matchup. I would expect 60-70 yds rushing and another 20 or so through the air and a score.

Nice group of WRs! Obviously start Smith. He should wreak complete havoc against NO. A must start this week. I would also start Galloway. He's havinga great season and his matchup against NE is still a good one even though NE is getting healthier. Their secondary is still banged up and can be beat. I see JG breaking 100 and a score this week. And lastly it's down to Driver and KRob. Yes Is till like KRob and think he worthy of consideration, but in your case it's Driver. He's the number one in GB and should have a better game than KRob this week. BAL still has a good defense, but they should be concentrating more on stopping the Nigerian Nightmare that is Samkon Gado and leave some room for favre to work and that means Driver will do just fine. How about 80-90 and a score for Driver this week? That would be fine if he were my guy. KRob may score, but I don't think he will produce the yards DD will.

Good Luck!

Tough calls here REW:

Brady vs. Tampa

or

Garrard vs. SF

Brady has been my guy all year and I know you play your guys but Garrard has done well the past few weeks and has an awesome matchup. I think Brady will be stable and Garrard could kill....

and

Denver DST @ Buffalo

or

Atlanta DST @ Chicago

I am leaning Denver here. Both offenses suck.

Hey, I've been checking out your posting for the pst couple of weeks - great stuff. Playoffs begin for me this week...some decisions to be made:

QB (Pick 1) Warner, Bledsoe

Regretted not starting Bledsoe, gotta go Warner against the Texans, right?

RB (Pick 2) LJ, Tiki, or Foster

Will Foster even play? I guess it's a little early to say but ride my Studs. In theory, yes!

WR (Pick 3) Harrison, Housh, Andre Johnson, K Rob, E. Parker

K Rob or Johnson here for my #3 slot is the ? The Texans are so disappointing. Or Parker against the Colts ( the guy I'm playing has Brees).

D Denver (at home vs. Buffalo) or TB (in a dog fight @ NE)

Denver? Secondary issues??

Thanks!!

Tough calls here REW:

Brady vs. Tampa

or

Garrard vs. SF

Brady has been my guy all year and I know you play your guys but  Garrard has done well the past few weeks and has an awesome matchup.  I think Brady will be stable and Garrard could kill....

and

Denver DST @ Buffalo

or

Atlanta DST @ Chicago

I am leaning Denver here.  Both offenses suck.

1213307[/snapback]

I'll work backwards here. Take the denver Defense this week. NO was effective in the first half last night runing the ball but was forced to go to the pass after getting down too much. Chicago has the defense to keep Vick and the ATL running game in check which means they will be able to control the ball more to keep that same offense off the field. If NO can run on ATL, then I think Jones should find plenty of room as well.

BUF struggled hard against a suspect NE defense. Denver should be able to contain them and fair better than ATL will against CHI. Ther's early talk that JP may not play. Nothing definitive so check injury reports but I found this:

BuffaloBills.com reports Buffalo Bills QB J.P. Losman (undisclosed) did not participate in individual drills at practice Tuesday, Dec. 13. He watched as backup QBs Kelly Holcomb and Shane Matthews worked the drills with the wide receivers.

Denver is my pick here.

For your QB...I'm thinking along the same lines as you appear to be. Yes Brady is solid and consistent and you can probably expect around 220 and a score from him. However he faces a tough TB defense while Garrard faces the NFL's J.V. team. SF is real bad on the road and JAX should still have a bad taste in their mouth from Indy and be looking to pound some one. Hello SF!! I like DG. I think he has the better matchup and will post the better numbers. Not only do I think he passes for a score and around 220-240, I think he'll add another 30-40 on the ground and score one himself. So if you are willing to gamble slightly, DG is your man.

Good Luck!

Hey, I've been checking out your posting for the pst couple of weeks - great stuff.  Playoffs begin for me this week...some decisions to be made:

QB (Pick 1)  Warner, Bledsoe

Regretted not starting Bledsoe, gotta go Warner against the Texans, right?

RB (Pick 2) LJ, Tiki, or Foster

Will Foster even play?  I guess it's a little early to say but ride my Studs.  In theory, yes!

WR (Pick 3) Harrison, Housh, Andre Johnson, K Rob, E. Parker

K Rob or Johnson here for my #3 slot is the ?  The Texans are so disappointing.  Or Parker against the Colts ( the guy I'm playing has Brees).

D Denver (at home vs. Buffalo) or TB (in a dog fight  @ NE)

Denver?  Secondary issues??

Thanks!!

1213340[/snapback]

Well at QB, both are solid options. WAS just lost another player in their secondary and Bledsoe will surely make them pay for that, however...Warner is playing the Texans. Can you say Field day? ARZ has no running game and he will hit Fitz and Boldin all day. I think this is the week Warner finally throws multiple TDs to go along with another 300 yard day. I don't see Bledsoe having back to back 300 yard games. Advantage Warner.

At RB I assume you mean Johnson...MUST START! The NYG also have some issue with their DEF line and LJ will run wild on them. On the flip side, I see Tiki having a good game for the G-Men. He's the main RB and very active in the passing game. You'll have to check the injury reports on Foster. If he plays, he's a great start aginst NO. They can't stop anything and CAR will pound them. At this very moment I say Tiki due to the uncertainty of DF, but if DF is healthy and good to go by the weekend, then I probably go with him.

At WR I'll give the edge to Johnson. They will have to throw more and I think he gets around 90 and a score.. Conversely I think KRob gets 60-70 and a score. Don't think Parker will find the endzone this week. Just don't have a good vibe on him this week. Because I think AJ gets more yards, I give the edge to him, however I think KRob will post similar numbers. Either are fine for a 3rd Wr this week.

At DEF, I like DEN at on the road. They've been playing rather solid ball on that side and shouldbe able to contain BUF. The cold will not bother them at all either. See the post above about JP. He may be dinged and they have no running game so I don't see them posting big numbers. The Pats are still the Pats and while I don't think they are going to light up TB, the chances are better for them to do well there than BUF to do well against DEN.

Good Luck!.

alright man..i think im goin nuts..

LT has been doin horrible..i am in a salary cap league..if i sit LT which is the highest RB..i can upgrade the rest of my team..

do i sit him vs a tuff matchup vs INDY?

its hard to do..but i can pick from any back in the NFL..help me here bud..

im thinking of going Tiki instead..IDK!

Edited by LMballstud

Rew,

Pick one RB:  Gado @ Bal or Caddy @ NE

Pick one WR: Andre Johnson vs. Ari or Roy Williams vs. Cin

Thanks.  Good luck in your playoffs this weekend as well!!

1213356[/snapback]

You have some very simliar scenarios at work here. So let's look at matchups. At RB the edge goes to Gado. He's been running very hard and should be goof for at least 80 yds rush/20-30 rec and 1 TD. He faces the number 14th ranked defense against the run while NE ranks 11th. I thijnk Caddy will have a solid game as well and will post very similar numbers, but I would rather my RB go against the lower ranked defense this week.

At WR you also have some similar things with Roy and AJ. I give the nod to AJ simply because the Lions offense is putrid. Roy is on my team and I was just thankful he got both feet down and maintained control last week. He had another sure score and big yards on top of it but dropped the ball. There's something new this year for Lion WRs. Advantage AJ this week. They will be throwing and should get plenty of yards and a score.

Good Luck!