[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

FF Advice

rew70

This was posted the other day as a seperate question, don't know if you saw it. Anyhow.

Need to start 1.

SJAX vs Eagles - hasn't done squat lately

Plax vs Chiefs - good matchup but hasn't done squat either and hear that both offensive tackles may not play.

Other options would be either T. Bell or Rod Smith @ Bills but don't like either one of them. :D

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm up against the #1 Team!!! First week of playoffs. He's got Larry Johnson, LT, Steve Smith, McCardell and Joey Galloway so no matter who I start I gotta have some luck... so who should I start this week!

2 of these 5 RBs

Thomas Jones vs ATL

Carnell Williams at NE

De'Shawn Foster at NO

Ricky Williams vs NYJ

Michael Bennett vs PIT

I'm leaning toward Jones and C. Williams. If Foster becomes healthy he'd replace Jones. Sound about right?

3 of these 5

Terry Glenn at WAS

Bobby Engram at TEN

Lee Evans vs DEN

Kevin Curtis vs PHI

Jeremy Shockey vs KC

Glenn, Engram and Shockey are my starters right now. Glenn could be replaced by Evans or Curtis, but I'm not too pro on that idea right now.

What do ya think?

Please help!  My team is falling apart around me.  And my matchup this week is against Larry Johnson, Edge, Steve Smith and Larry Fitzgerald ... and I'm the higher seed.  My how things change.

Pick one: 

Warner vs. Houston

Garrard vs. San Fran. 

I am leaning toward Warner. 

Pick two: 

McGahee vs Den #2 Rush D

W. Dunn vs. Chicago #1 rush D

W. Parker vs. MIN

D. Foster vs NO

S. Davis vs. NO (if glass Foster's stinger won't let him play)

C. Houston vs. MIA

Ugh.  I'm tempted to just start the old standbys, Willis and Warrick.

1213809[/snapback]

Ouch, you're playing a murderers row! Let's see what we can do...

Yes I start Warner. He will throw more and has a great matchup. He should eclipse 300 and finally throw for more than 1 TD. Garrard also has a nice matchup, but I can see them running the ball more there and not needing to pass very much.

Parker and Foster are the picks at RB. Like you mention, monitor Foster. Willis is done and not reliable. Dunn will find it hard agaiinst CHI, don't like his chances. And Houston will find it difficult as well against a MIA team that was quite effective against LT. If they can handle LT, they should have little problems with Houston and the Jets.

Good Luck!

REW,

Thanks in advance.

First round of playoffs...

1 point per reception, 1 per 10 yards rushed/received

Start 2 of the following 4

L Jordan vs Clev

T Barber vs KC

L Johnson vs NYG

R Johnson vs Detroit

Also

Would you start Plummer vs Buf or Brady vs TB or Eli Manning vs KC

Give me your scenarios and questions and I'll give you some well reasoned opinions and maybe together we can win our playoff games.

Congratulations to everyone still in it to win it!! :D

1212794[/snapback]

Playoff Semifinal - WDIS in the flex position?

Driver @BAL on MNF

Clayton vs. GB on MNF

Bettis @MIN

A. Smith vs. CAR

------------------------------------

12 team, non-keeper

Start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1 Flex (RB/WR/TE), TE, K, DEF

Roster:

QB - D. Garrard, K. Boller (Bulger IR)

RB - LT, T. Jones, Bettis, A. Smith

WR - T. Holt, C. Johnson, D. Driver, Mark Clayton

TE - C. Cooley, Z. Hilton

K - N. Rackers, J. Wilkins

DEF - Bengals, Falcons

Typical scoring league (1pt every 10 yds rushing and receiving, 1pt every 25yds passing, 6pts all td's).

I have SA as my #1 but I lost Westbrook. My backups are M. Moore and M. Morris and I just picked up A. Pinner and K. Faulk. That's it,I must choose between these 4 RB's. I am considering M. Morris assuming SA sits early 3rd quarter in a blow out again. He did crap last week (22 yards ) in that situation, but did great the week before when he played the entire 2nd half vs Philly. On the surface I thought I'd be OK w/ Moore. But Tice just doesn’t want to play the guy. Also, it looks like KJ isn't playing. Does anyone think Pinner has any value this week vs Cinn? K. Faulk was just the best RB left, he gets a good amount of catches and he had a nice week last week but is very hit or miss he could have 0 yards he could have 70.

Morris @ DET ( 7 touches last week, 15 week before when SA sat earlier)

Pinner vs SEA ( 16 touches last week, but KJ started)

Faulk vs TAM ( 11 touches last week 5, carries, 6 catches )

Moore vs. Pitt ( 2 touches last 2 weeks combined)

scoring is pretty standard with small bonuses over 100 yards and for 20+yard runs

Hey REW-

First, let me say that you not only give good advice, you also offer an excellent analysis as well.  Well Done!

Now, the questions:

1.  WDIS @ QB:  Hass (@ Ten), Warner (@ Hou)  or Gerrard (v SF)?

I've been riding Warner the last 5 weeks all the way into the playoffs, but with Hass having a great game last week and having just picked-up Gerrard off of the waiver wire, I am confounded. Any suggestions? (BTW, I'm leaning towards Warner).

2.  WDIS @ Flex?  Parker (@ Min) or Moats (@Stl)?

Another waiver wire pick-up, Moats, looks good to me here.

3.  WDIS @ D/ST:  My options are Indy (v SD) or Pit (@ Min), or I should be able to pick-up Seattle (@ Ten) off the WW.

Indy has done well for me lately, but I'm worried about Tomlinson lighting it up like he did last year.  Min has been on a roll lately and could go off against Pit.  Seattle has had 2 GREAT defensive games, but can they do it again?   If you would, please rank in order of preference.

That's it.  Thank you in advance for your thoughts, wisdom and insight!

1213828[/snapback]

Why thank you. Go with Warner. He's going to light up the Texans. SEA is going to run, run, run and probably won't need to pass much. Warner is will be great this week. Over 300 and multiple scores.

Yes, go with Moats. He ripped the Giants, he should do even better against STL. He's another good bet for multiple scores this week. He's the featured back and won't lose GL carries like Parker will.

For defense I rank them as:

SEA - 3 points in 2 weeks?? Thats' crazy against any NFL team(s) They are hot and should have little trouble against a pathetic TEN that could only score 13 points against HOU.

IND - They are also playing at a high level and are much better than MIN.

PIT - Playing well but not as well as the 2 above.

Good Luck!

Edited by rew70

This was posted the other day as a seperate question, don't know if you saw it. Anyhow.

Need to start 1. 

SJAX vs Eagles - hasn't done squat lately

Plax vs Chiefs - good matchup but hasn't done squat either and hear that both offensive tackles may not play.

Other options would be either T. Bell or Rod Smith @ Bills but don't like either one of them.  :D

1214013[/snapback]

I say Plax. That should be a high scoring game and the Giants will have to throw to keep up with the Chiefs. Philly is decent against the run and shold hold SJax in check. Bell splits with Anderson, not good there. And Smith is a good option, but I have a feeling that Plax will have the better game.

Good luck!

I am in the Playoffs this week, your advice is welcomed:

QB (Pick 1) Warner, Garrard

I have got to go with Warner against the Texans, right?

RB (Pick 2) Larry Johnson, Shaun Alexander, or Rudi Johnson

I feel embarrassed even be asking. I will start LJ and SA, but Rudi has been on fire. I really drafted well in my 12 team league this year. Sometimes you win.

WR (Pick 2) Steve Smith, Issac Bruce, Kevin Curtis, Koren Robinson.

K Rob or Issac Bruce. Koren has been doing well lately, however they play Chicago

D Denver (at home vs. Buffalo) or Indy (playing for perfection vs must win SD)

To me, this is my only real decision this week. What do you think?

Thanks!!

I'm up against the #1 Team!!! First week of playoffs.  He's got Larry Johnson, LT, Steve Smith, McCardell and Joey Galloway so no matter who I start I gotta have some luck... so who should I start this week!

2 of these 5 RBs

Thomas Jones vs ATL

Carnell Williams at NE

De'Shawn Foster at NO

Ricky Williams vs NYJ

Michael Bennett vs PIT

I'm leaning toward Jones and C. Williams.  If Foster becomes healthy he'd replace Jones.  Sound about right?

3 of these 5

Terry Glenn at WAS

Bobby Engram at TEN

Lee Evans vs DEN

Kevin Curtis vs PHI

Jeremy Shockey vs KC

Glenn, Engram and Shockey are my starters right now.  Glenn could be replaced by Evans or Curtis, but I'm not too pro on that idea right now.

What do ya think?

1214015[/snapback]

Jones should start for you and not be replaced. he's gooing to get a ton of carrries and should be able to finallly get 100 on an ATL that NO had success running on. Plus with cold and snowy weather he'll get even more opps to pound away at ATL. CHI isn't going to want to let ATL have the ball and will try to keep their offense off the field.

Foster has the better matchup if healthy and he plays. You should teeter between him and Caddy. If Foster is good to go, then he's the play, else it's Caddy.

Glenn, Engram, Shockey are the plays at receiver. WAS could be without their 3 starting CBs and Bledsoe will make them pay for that. Glenn has been playing very well and that should continue. Engram is definitley starting and is a favorite target of Hass. He'll get his chances to score this week. Another good option. And Shockey is a main target down in the red zone and serves as a safety outlet for Eli. If the Giants OL is missing players, then Shockey will be needed even more as Eli will have to get rid of the ball quickly. Shockey has a good matchup and should be able to post some decent numbers. Curtis has been forgotten and Evans may have Holcomb throwing to him.

Good Luck!

REW,

Thanks in advance.

First round of playoffs...

1 point per reception, 1 per 10 yards rushed/received

Start 2 of the following 4

L Jordan vs Clev

T Barber vs KC

L Johnson vs NYG

R Johnson vs Detroit

Also

Would you start Plummer  vs Buf or Brady vs TB or Eli Manning vs KC

1214049[/snapback]

Larry and Rudi! Both are going to have monster weeks. Not much explanation needed here. Both artre studs, both are the primary back, both are playing at a high level, both have the best chance to score, both have good matchups, yada, yada, yada. Got to start those 2.

I start Brady. He's consistent and solid. Not many istakes and gives his team aa chance to win. he'll be good for 220-240 and a score or two.

Good Luck!

Playoff Semifinal - WDIS in the flex position?

Driver @BAL on MNF

Clayton vs. GB on MNF

Bettis @MIN

A. Smith vs. CAR

------------------------------------

12 team, non-keeper

Start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1 Flex (RB/WR/TE), TE, K, DEF

Roster:

QB - D. Garrard, K. Boller (Bulger IR)

RB - LT, T. Jones, Bettis, A. Smith

WR - T. Holt, C. Johnson, D. Driver, Mark Clayton

TE - C. Cooley, Z. Hilton

K - N. Rackers, J. Wilkins

DEF - Bengals, Falcons

Typical scoring league (1pt every 10 yds rushing and receiving, 1pt every 25yds passing, 6pts all td's).

1214064[/snapback]

Driver. The Bus won't repeat that performance and I look to Prker to have the better week. Favre is great on MNF and always looks for Driver. He should score and approach the 100 yard mark. Clayton plays for an awful team, don't like his chances and ditto for Smith. CAR will shut down the running game of the Saints.

Good Luck!

I have SA as my #1 but I lost Westbrook. My backups are M. Moore and M. Morris and I just picked up A. Pinner and K. Faulk. That's it,I must choose between these 4 RB's. I am considering M. Morris assuming SA sits early 3rd quarter in a blow out again. He did crap last week (22 yards ) in that situation, but did great the week before when he played the entire 2nd half vs Philly. On the surface I thought I'd be OK w/ Moore. But Tice just doesn’t want to play the guy. Also, it looks like KJ isn't playing. Does anyone think Pinner has any value this week vs Cinn? K. Faulk was just the best RB left, he gets a good amount of catches and he had a nice week last week but is very hit or miss he could have 0 yards he could have 70.

Morris @ DET ( 7 touches last week, 15 week before when SA sat earlier)

Pinner vs SEA ( 16 touches last week, but KJ started)

Faulk vs TAM ( 11 touches last week 5, carries, 6 catches )

Moore vs. Pitt ( 2 touches last 2 weeks combined)

scoring is pretty standard with small bonuses over 100 yards and for 20+yard runs

1214087[/snapback]

Pinner the safe play. I believe K. Jones is out, but check the injury report. Then I fall to Faulk. excellent option out of the backfield annd with Dillon and his prowess to injury and getting tired, KF will see plaenty of time on the field. Don't like Morris until SA sits a whole game and Moore has fallen out of favor in Minny for Bennett and Fason.

Good Luck!

Manning vs KC

or

Hassleback vs Tenn

Thanks.

1214092[/snapback]

Hass against TEN. Eli could be missing some key offensive line men and that doesn't bode well for him. Hass should be able to pick apart the TEN defense. SA will get his too, but then he will also be used more and more sparingly as SEA gears up ffor the playoffs. But right now they are still playing for home field. DJax will be back, don't know how much, but Holmgren will want Hass throwing to him. hass is the good pick this week.

Good Luck!

Let's start with the QB.  Both are excellent options so I wouldn't be overly concerned one way or the other.  Favre in prime time against BAL should be a good play.  I think he throws for 2 TDs and amasses 240 yds.  However Bledsoe could have a huge break.  Monitor closely the WAS injury report and make sure, but they could be without alll 3 of their starting defensive backs.  That means the picking is ripe for Bledsoe to have another big game.  Don't know if he'll hit the 300 yd mark again, but he should be well over 200 and throw for a couple of scores.  depending on the report, I lean towards Bledsoe.

The safe play is Jones.  I am big on this Moats kid though.  He played great in pre-season and is now getting the chance to be the featured  backl.  He carved up the Giants and now will get to try his skills on a lesser defense in STL.  He's going to hit paydirt twice.  However Jones will get 20-25 carries and if the Saints can run on ATL, I should think that Jones will get his fair share.  He hasn't run for over 100 since week 6 and until last week didn't sdcore since week 7.  ATL should be just what the doctor ordered.  They coming off a short week where their QB has bruised ribs.  My point is I don't think the offense will be on the field as much as they were against NO and especially with CHI defense at home.  This means that Jones will get all the carries he needs to get that century mark.

Both are good plays, but I lean to Jones because it's almost certain he will get more carries and ATL is soft against the run.  That and bad weather equal and a good day at the office for Jones.

I can't say to bench Holt can I?  That's tough.  I like Driver this week, but Holt is a premiere WR and I just cannot sit him this week.  Vitt says he'll run, but when they can't do that against Philly's defense, they'll be forced to pass and Holt is the main weapon.  He can beat the secondary of Philly and should post some decent numbers.  Stick with Holt.

Good Luck!

1213974[/snapback]

Love the reply, and agree on all counts, 'Cept I have Bruce and not Holt. Does the reasoning still hold true if I have Issac Bruce and Driver to choose from?

I am in the  Playoffs this week, your advice is welcomed:

QB (Pick 1) Warner, Garrard

I have got to go with Warner against the Texans, right?

RB (Pick 2) Larry Johnson, Shaun Alexander, or Rudi Johnson

I feel embarrassed even be asking.  I will start LJ and SA, but Rudi has been on fire.  I really drafted well in my 12 team league this year.  Sometimes you win.

WR (Pick 2) Steve Smith, Issac Bruce, Kevin Curtis, Koren Robinson.

K Rob or Issac Bruce.  Koren has been doing well lately, however they play Chicago

D Denver (at home vs. Buffalo) or Indy (playing for perfection vs must win SD)

To me, this is my only real decision this week.  What do you think?

Thanks!!

1214117[/snapback]

QB - Yes Warner. He's gooing to have a field day against the Texans.

RB - Johnson and Alexander. Just can't sit those 2 right now even if you do have Rudi.

WR - Smith, Bruce and KRob. Curtis is the forgotten man in STL. He doesn't get the looks and isn't worth taking a chance on.

DEF - Indy agaiinst SD. Denver is on the road against BUF, if at home I would side with them. But Indy is playing at a high level and should be just fine this week.

Good Luck!

Love the reply, and agree on all counts, 'Cept I have Bruce and not Holt. Does the reasoning still hold true if I have Issac Bruce and Driver to choose from?

1214149[/snapback]

Oops, sorry about that. No, in that case I go with the #1 choice in Driver. On MNF he and Favre will shine bright andd play just fine. BAL doesn't have the defense they once did and Driver will be able to make some noise.

Good Luuck!

REW:

R. Williams vs. Cincy

or

R. Smith @ Buffalo

Thanks.

1214160[/snapback]

Going to say Smith. #1 option for Plummer and will find holes against BUF. RW splits with Brown and I just never know who's going to have the better week. That's jusst never a good situation and you can't trust your matchup to that.

Go with Smith, at least you know Plummer will be looking for him and he should respond with a decent game.

Good Luck!

Going to say Smith.  #1 option for Plummer and will find holes against BUF.  RW splits with Brown and I just never know who's going to have the better week.  That's jusst never a good situation and you can't trust your matchup to that.

Go with Smith, at least you know Plummer will be looking for him and he should respond with a decent game.

Good Luck!

1214167[/snapback]

Just for clarification, that is Roy Williams. Still like Smith?

Just for clarification, that is Roy Williams.  Still like Smith?

1214169[/snapback]

My bad...No, I roll Roy in that case. He has the better chance to score. Tey should see similar number in terms of receiving yards, but I like Roy better here. The weather could affect the passing game in BUF and Roy won't have that issue in the dome. DET plays better at home and he should rack up 60-80 and a score this week.

Good Luck!

For defense I rank them as:

SEA - 3 points in 2 weeks??  Thats' crazy against any NFL team(s)  They are hot and should have little trouble against a pathetic TEN that could only score 13 points against HOU.

IND - They are also playing at a high level and are much better than MIN.

MIN - Fitz throwing pick after pick had a lot to do with theor successs.  They aren't necessarlity a ball hawking defense as much as Fitz cannot throw to his own players.

Good Luck!

1214093[/snapback]

Thanks for the reply above, but I have PIT D/ST, not MIN. Would you still rate these the same?

Also: Pick 2 of 3 WR's: Wayne(v SD), R. Smith(@ Buf), I. Bruce(v Phi).

I'm definitely starting Wayne, so the choice is between Rod Smith and Isaac Bruce. I'm leaning towards Bruce, mainly due to weather conditions in Buffalo, as well as Plummer's poorer play on the road.

Thanks again for your help.