[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

FF Advice

rew70

Thanks for the reply above, but I have PIT D/ST, not MIN.  Would you still rate these the same?

Also:  Pick 2 of 3 WR's: Wayne(v SD), R. Smith(@ Buf), I. Bruce(v Phi).

I'm definitely starting Wayne, so the choice is between Rod Smith and Isaac Bruce.  I'm leaning towards Bruce, mainly due to weather conditions in Buffalo, as well as Plummer's poorer play on the road.

Thanks again for your help.

1214230[/snapback]

DANG! Losing my mind today. Ok, big cup of joe and here we go. All clear now.

Yes I would still rate the same. SEA is still my top pick from your list.

At WR, I would agree with your assessment of the situation. The passing game may take a back seat should the weather be poor. STL is going to have to throw as I don't think they will find great success running on Philly. Bruce is now firmy back and entrenched in that offense and with the attention being paid to Holt, he should be able to find room against the Philly secondary.

Good Luck!

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pretty tough taking advice from a raiders fan but its the playoffs and I'm desperate so here goes

I get:

6pts for a td

1 pt for every 25 yards rushing or receiving

I need a RB since Westbrook is out

Ronnie Brown vs the jets

or

Greg Jones vs San Francisco

1214252[/snapback]

Ah yes but an objective fan. I know they stink and not afraid to admit it. But anyhoo I think you should go with G. Jones. He'll still get plenty of carries against a horrid SF defense on the road. SF doesn't play well on the road at all. He's a good bet to score this week. Brown splits with the Bonger and you never know which is going to have the better game.

And last week the Jets did a good job on Jordan and may have found something. Although I think much of that was due to ineffective play from Tui so they could stack the box and stop the run. This week they are going to have to account for Chambers and McMichael and that will leave room for the RBs...but which one?? I think Jones has the better matchup and chane to post solid yards and a score.

Good Luck!

pick 1

garrad vs niners

brees @ indy

pick 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 WR/RB

mcgahee vs denver

r. brownvs jets

m. barber @ washington

jurevicius @ tenn

mason vs GB

rod smith @ buffalo

hines ward @ minny

pick 1

heath miller @ minny

ben troupe vs seattle

1214254[/snapback]

Those are some rough choices.

At QB I am going to give the edge to Garrard. I think both will throw for about 240 but DG gives you that extra push with his running abilities. He should gain another 3040 on the ground and is a threat to score with his legs. I also think he will throw one in so with multiple TD possibilities and the much easier matchup, Garrard is your man this week.

At RB I say Brown and Barber. Both split carries, but Willis hasn't done a thing and probably will ot either this weekend against a tough Denver defense. Brown and Barber are a threat to score and shoud be able to find the room needed this week.

At WR I say go with Ward for certain. he's the best you have and is a good bet to score every week. Then I'll say R. Smith as he's also the #1 option for Plummer and more than likely he'll be the one to get the score through the air. At the flex, I like JJ. Don't know how much DJax will play, but figuring it's sparingly at best, JJ should still be able to pose a size advantage near the GL for hass to get him one.

At TE I say Miler. Great outlet for Ben and good hands. I watched him play at UVA and he was a beast then and has continued that into the NFL. Didn't Troupe get hurt last week? what's his status? They only scored 13 against the Texans. Advantage Miller.

Good Luck!

Rew, you helped me last week play Dunn over McGahee - thanks! This week I have some tough decisions for the playoffs -- any advice appreciated:

RB: Playing Edge plus 1 of:

Dunn at Chi

McGahee vs. Den

F. Taylor vs. SF

WR: Playing H. Ward, Housh plus 1 of:

Keyshawn at Wash

D. Bennett vs. Sea

D. Mason vs. GB

K. Robinson vs. Pit (I don't have him, but he's available as FA)

RB and WR scoring is 1 pt per 10 yds, 6 pts per TD. Nothing for receptions.

Defense: WDIS?

Seattle (at Ten)

Jax (vs. SF)

Scoring is by number of points given up, plus 1 for sacks, 2 for turnovers, 6 for TDs. Seattle D has been awesome, but SF offense has been putrid.

Thanks again!!

I'm in two leagues. Help with either (or both) would be great. Thanks!

LEAGUE 1

Pick 1 QB: Delhomme or Garrard

Pick 2 RBs: Anderson, Dunn, Houston

Pick 2 WRs: Bennett, Wilford, Lelie, Mark Clayton

LEAGUE 2

Pick 1 RB: J Jones, M Barber, M Bennett

Pick 2 WR: Santana, Rod Smith, Kennison (already starting Green + LJ)

Need 3 of the following WR's

1 point for 20yds, 6 pts for td

Steve Smith @ N.O.

Chris Henry @ Detroit

K.Robinson vs Steelers

M.Clayton vs Green Bay

D.Jackson @ Tenn.

Need 3 of the following RB's

L. Johnson @ NYG

D.Davis vs Arizona

L. Jordon vs Cleveland

M. Anderson @ Buffalo

W. McGahee vs Denver

The only ones I am pretty sure of starting are S. Smith, L.Johnson, D.Davis.

Thanks!

Rew, you helped me last week play Dunn over McGahee - thanks!  This week I have some tough decisions for the playoffs -- any advice appreciated:

RB: Playing Edge plus 1 of:

Dunn at Chi

McGahee vs. Den

F. Taylor vs. SF

WR: Playing H. Ward, Housh plus 1 of:

Keyshawn at Wash

D. Bennett vs. Sea

D. Mason vs. GB

K. Robinson vs. Pit (I don't have him, but he's available as FA)

RB and WR scoring is 1 pt per 10 yds, 6 pts per TD.  Nothing for receptions.

Defense:  WDIS?

Seattle (at Ten)

Jax (vs. SF)

Scoring is by number of points given up, plus 1 for sacks, 2 for turnovers, 6 for TDs.  Seattle D has been awesome, but SF offense has been putrid.

Thanks again!!

1214404[/snapback]

At RB go with Taylor. Although he splits carries, he should be able to do enough on his share to be productive against SF. I'm not high on Willis, he's a disappointment more and more and I think Dunn is going to find it hard against CHI and loses all GL carries to TJ. I think Taylor give you the best chance at a score and some productive yards.

At Wr I would go with Keyshawn. Good matchup this week with the WAS secondary possibly missing 3 of its starters. And did yoou see the interaction between Bledsoe and Keyshawn at the end of last week's game? A nice big piggy back hug, isn't that sweet? What it is is Drew telling him, I'll get you involved this coming week. Look for Drew to find Key and make some big pplays and a score.

For your defense I have to say SEA. Just cannot ignore a total of 3 points in 2 weeks allowed. Regardless of who it's against, that's impressive. TEn isn't going to provide much more of a challenge as they couldd only amass 13 points against the Texans. Yes SF is awful, but the SEA is better then SF is awful.

Good Luck!

I'm in two leagues. Help with either (or both) would be great. Thanks!

LEAGUE 1

Pick 1 QB: Delhomme or Garrard

Pick 2 RBs: Anderson, Dunn, Houston

Pick 2 WRs: Bennett, Wilford, Lelie, Mark Clayton

LEAGUE 2

Pick 1 RB: J Jones, M Barber, M Bennett

Pick 2 WR: Santana, Rod Smith, Kennison (already starting Green + LJ)

1214583[/snapback]

I go with the veteran in Delhommme this week. Both have great matchups, but Delhomme should be able to put in 2 scores and some good yardage. Garrard is also a great pick, but I give the edge to the vet this week.

Anderson and Houston at RB. Don't like those choices at all and I imagine you don't either but I think Dunn will find it hard to run this week. CHI will be nasty in terms of weather and that defense should be jacked up to prove they are still one of the elite after getting pounded by PIT last week. Plus Dunn loses GL carries to TJ. It's more that I don't like Dunn this week than I like Anderson or Houston.

At Wr I'd say Wilford and Clayton. Reallly don't like any of those choices either, but yoou got what you got. Wilford is a big target with a great matchup and shoulod be good for a score. Clayton is also playing well and should be to take advantage of any double-teams that JG gets.

#2 RB - Barber and Bennett. Both have decent matchups, but not great. However they are getting a good amount of carries and give you the best options for points this week. Barber gets the GL carries over Jones which is why I chose him and Bennett is the starter.

At WR I'd go with Santana and Eddie. While I normally don't like loading up on players from one team, the fact is Eddie is producing and that game should feature some points. Moss is a good target for Brunell and they will be throwing to stay with the Cowboys this week. Smith is left out by default and the fact that the weather there shouldn't be encouraging for throwing the ball. Plummer has been playing poor of late and that doesn't bode well for Smith.

Good Luck!

Pick one of the Denver RB's to start:

Mike Anderson or Tatum Bell.

My other RB's are Corey Dillon, TJ Duckett and Antwain Smith.  Will most likely start Dillon and one of the Denver RB's, but can't decide which one!

Your advise is appreciated

1214600[/snapback]

I go with Anderson. He starts and that game will feature more running than throwing. he also get the GL carries and until Bell gets serious playing time, then I stick with Anderson. Don't like any ATL RB this week and don't like any Saints player. They have quit on the season and are ready to pack it in, if they haven't done so already. They looked flat on MNF and if you cannot get up for a primetime national audience, what will they do on the weekend?

Good Luck!

Need 3 of the following WR's

1 point for 20yds, 6 pts for td

Steve Smith @ N.O.

Chris Henry @ Detroit

K.Robinson vs Steelers

M.Clayton vs Green Bay

D.Jackson @ Tenn.

Need 3 of the following RB's

L. Johnson @ NYG

D.Davis vs Arizona

L. Jordon vs Cleveland

M. Anderson @ Buffalo

W. McGahee vs Denver

The only ones I am pretty sure of starting are S. Smith, L.Johnson, D.Davis.

Thanks!

1214658[/snapback]

OK, at this point it sounds as if DJax is going to start. I have a sneaky suspicion that he scores this week, but I would feel more comfortable waiting to make that decision until later in the week. So at this very moment I'd say start Smith, KRob and Clayton. Clayton will be the one to drop for DJax. The other 2 are starters annd are very involved in the game plan. Henry is behind Chad and Housh and left for the scraps they don't eat. Don't like that situation this late in the year.

At RB your starters are LJ, Davis and Jordan. Those 3 give you the best chance at yards and scores from your list. Look for Jordan to bounce back this week with a respectful effort. LJ and DD are every week starters.

Good Luck!

Hey Rew.

WDIS Rudi or Edge?

Rudi against Detroilette and Edge against SD. I’m in a performance league.

1pt per rec.

1pt per 20yds rush or rec.

6 pt TDs

Any Help? THANKS!

1214733[/snapback]

I actually go with Rudi here. Yeah both are studs so look at the matchup. Rudi should be able to pound away at the Lions and eclipse 100 and a score. SD has traditionally been decent against the run. That's proving to be true again this year. Indy is going to be in a fight with a good team who still has plenty to play for and will be giving it their all. DET is finished and should be the easier draw for Rudi this week.

Now I don't think you can wrong with either so based on matchup alone I will side with Rudi this week.

Good Luck!

Hey again REW,

Are you really that high on Moats? The Mid-Week NFL team report for Philly said the Eagles only plan on using him in certain packages again since he doesnt really know the whole offense...

1214950[/snapback]

Yeah I'm pretty high on this kid. I mean who else are they going to run out there? Mahe? Gordon? He ran real well in the preseason and has shown in almost 2 full games that he's got skills. STL is awful against the run and he should find plenty of room on them. Even if he's used in "certain" packages, I bet he's got more packages for him then mahe and Gordon have.

Let's look at the numbers...

When they played SEA Westy ran 9 times for 17 yards. Moats came in and ran 10 times foe 26 yards. He was thrown intothe fire that game but still had more carries. Mahe had 2 carries for 3 yards. Gordon didn't touch the ball.

Last week against the Giants when he started he ran 11 times for 114 yards and 2 scores. Mahe ran 7 times for 42 yards and Gordon ran 6 times for 17 Yards.

What this tells me is:

1. Throw Gordon out, he's useless. 2. Mahe did well but well in the respects of spelling the starter. 3. Moats got the majority of the carries and made the most of his opportunities against a possible playoff team.

This week he faces are far worse defense than the last 2 he's faced and if history holds true, he will again get the majority of the carries. Philly isn't going to feed it to him 20-25 times a game. Hell they didn't do that when they had Westbrook. Philly likes to throw, but with McMahon not playing well, they are going to have to go to the run more. If Moats can touch the ball 10-11 times again, I think he scores again and breaks 100. So even if he's used in certain packages, those packages amount to more time on the field than Mahe or Gordon.

I think he breaks another 100 yard game and scores at least 1 maybe 2 this week. Again, if I'm wrong, I'll be the first to admit it. But the kid looks good to me.

Edited by rew70

Ok- Need some big time help!

Performance League scoring

Qb- start 1

Hassel vs Tenn

Garrard vs 49ers

RB- start 2

Gado vs Balt

Bennett vs Pitts

McGahee vs Den

Houston vs Miami

1215058[/snapback]

Hass at QB. Better QB, great matchup and still playing for homefield advantage. I think Garrard is also a solid pick and you probably cannot go wrong with either. But SEA is the better team and more to play for. Go with Hass, he should be solid.

Gado for certain at RB. You know he's going to get 20-25 touches and BAL isn't nearlly the defense they were of the past. No one's scared of them anymore and gado will do just fine against them. Then I start Bennett against PIT. Jones was able to run on PIT last week and Bennettt now has the starting job. Don't like Willis at all this week. He's been a bust this year and an overall headache for FF owners. And Miami bottled up LT last week, so I should think they'll be handle Houston ok. The Jets are still the Jets and Miami still has a pretty good defense.

Good Luck!

Hey Rew

I need 1QB, 2RB, 3WR and 1RB/WR(Flex)

1. Warner @ Houston

Gerrard vs. SF

McNair vs. Seattle

2. Dunn @ Chicago

JJ(Dal) @ Washington

Ricky vs. Jets

JJ(Ari) @ Houston

3. Harrison vs. San Diego

Kennison @ NYG

D Jax @ Tennessee

JJ(Sea) @ Tennessee

Evans vs. Denver

I am leaning towards Gerrard for QB. Dunn has been good to me but has a rough match-up. With D Jax coming back makes it a little tougher to decide the other 4 have been hot recently.

Thanks in advance

If you have time, I would love some advice.

RBs: start 2

McGahee vs Den - He has killed my season

JJones @ Wash - Barber getting more looks now?

RBrown vs NYJ - RBBC always scary

CHouston @ Mia - Looked good last week and will get the bulk ... but???

At WR, I am starting MHarrison, need 2 more

Porter vs Clev - Tus only target last week

Djax @ Tenn - Playing if the reports are good

JJurv @ Tenn - Djax stealing catches?

Mush vs Atl - Finally moving the ball a little?

KCurtis vs Phil - Does he still play for the Rams?

Thanks in advance.

Hey Rew

I need 1QB, 2RB, 3WR and 1RB/WR(Flex)

1. Warner @ Houston

Gerrard vs. SF

McNair vs. Seattle

2. Dunn @ Chicago

JJ(Dal) @ Washington

Ricky vs. Jets

JJ(Ari) @ Houston

3. Harrison vs. San Diego

Kennison @ NYG

D Jax @ Tennessee

JJ(Sea) @ Tennessee

Evans vs. Denver

I am leaning towards Gerrard for QB. Dunn has been good to me but has a rough match-up. With D Jax coming back makes it a little tougher to decide the other 4 have been hot recently.

Thanks in advance

1215104[/snapback]

well the only real easy decision is the QB. I say warner here. He should tear it up this week. I've already aid in some earlier posts that he's good for a multiple TD, 300 yard game this week. Thay have no runnning game and will be able to move the ball easily through the air.

At RB I am not high on Dunn at all, but he's the best back you have so I think you have to start him. I would start Jones along side him. I almost said Ricky, but I never know who's going to have the goood game, him or Brown. So at this point I say Dunn and Jones. Arrington is awful, forget him altogether.

At WR you must start Marvin and Kennison. Those 2 are solid starts this week and each has a greaat chance to score. Then the safe play is probably JJ. He's still going to be used a lot and is a big target near the endzone. I would check and see how DJax looks as the week progresses and check his status., Right now I think he's slated to start. How much he plays is anyone's guess. I think a lot will determine how he handles a full week of practice. So monitor that. The for the flex position I start whichever WR between JJ and DJax I don't start at WR. don't like Evans chances this week without knowing the status of Losman.

Good Luck!

If you have time, I would love some advice.

RBs: start 2

McGahee vs Den - He has killed my season

JJones @ Wash - Barber getting more looks now?

RBrown vs NYJ - RBBC always scary

CHouston @ Mia - Looked good last week and will get the bulk ... but???

At WR, I am starting MHarrison, need 2 more

Porter vs Clev - Tus only target last week

Djax @ Tenn - Playing if the reports are good

JJurv @ Tenn - Djax stealing catches?

Mush vs Atl - Finally moving the ball a little?

KCurtis vs Phil - Does he still play for the Rams?

Thanks in advance.

1215167[/snapback]

At RB I would go Jones and Houston. Not the greatest choices I've heard, but from your list, I think they give you the best shot and some points. Jones will still get carries and Houston is now the starter. Don't like the RBBC in MIA and Willis is a bum.

At WR I go with Porter, Collins is starting, and DJax and JJ. Normally wouldn't say start both from the same team, but Mush has a trough matchup. Don't like his chances against D Hall. He's a shutdown CB.

Good Luck!