[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Changing to a keeper league next year

Wolv

Nobody in my league has a clue on Keeper Guidelines. I know there's a myriad of different rules for a keeper. If anyone is willing, I'm interested in what your basic guideline is for your keeper league. Then I can sift through all of them and present them to our league to decide what would suit us best.

Greatly appreciated! You can send it as a pm if you wish as well....

I'm in several.

One is a mandatory 3 keeper league (Hannibals). You MUST keep 3 players, no limits on position. Players may be kept forever.

Another is an optional 2 player keeper league (FOFF). You can keep 0, 1 or 2 players with no limits on position. In this league you give up the draft pick that corresponds with the round in which you originally drafted the player. Players may only be on your roster a total of 3 years (may only be kept twice).

I'm in several.

One is a mandatory 3 keeper league (Hannibals).  You MUST keep 3 players, no limits on position.  Players may be kept forever. 

Another is an optional 2 player keeper league (FOFF).  You can keep 0, 1 or 2 players with no limits on position.  In this league you give up the draft pick that corresponds with the round in which you originally drafted the player.  Players may only be on your roster a total of 3 years (may only be kept twice).

1213858[/snapback]

Thanks Grits.

I'm also looking for info on trading keepers for draft picks, what you base next years draft order on, Auction or draft the inaugural year, and other pertinent guidelines everyone's league may use.

Thanks Grits.

I'm also looking for info on trading keepers for draft picks, what you base next years draft order on, Auction or draft the inaugural year, and other pertinent guidelines everyone's league may use.

1213865[/snapback]

Hannibals sets each year's draft based on the previous year's finish ... with the SB winner drafting 12th and the SB loser drafting 11th. I wasn't there the inaugural year so can't speak to how it was set up.

FOFF is a random draft order each year. This league was a redrafter and converted to a keeper league along the way. We voted to convert to a keeper league one year prior to the draft and converted the next year. We held a normal serpentine draft.

Trading of draft picks was a sticky issue in both leagues this year and it is good that your thinking about that issue ahead of time. Some find it very distasteful if they percieve that an owner is giving up the current year to load up on picks for the next year. It is probably a good idea to have a trading deadline around week 10 or so. Probably a good idea to require teams that are trading future draft picks away to pay next year's dues at the time of the trade.

Check out the Any Given Sunday league page. It is a BOTH league that is a keeper. You can log on as a visitor and then go to the league menu and select rules. Feel free to use as many or as little as you like.

RTSports

The league ID is "newboth"

Password is "visitor"

We have 2 optional keepers. If you keep a player drafted, you give up the round in which he was orignally drafted. You can keep one guy from rounds 1-9 and one guy from rounds 10-18. We added this year that FA pickups (anyone undrafted) counts as a 9th round keeper. Any player you keep must be on your roster from week 9 through the end of the season.

I've also heard variations where it counts a round or two above where the guy was drafted. It rewards good mid to late round drafting and the studs aren't all gone every year.

We play in a 3 person manditory keeper (but only one at any given position). Players may be traded for draft picks except that no odd amounts of draft picks may be traded. i.e I can't trade edge for a 1st round pick but I can trade edge and my 8th round pick for a first round pick. This way everyone ends up with the same number of picks in the draft (and a full team).

We have a 2 Keeper league, keepers are madatory. We do not substitute any draft picks or anything like that. Everyone has 2 keepers going into the draft, so we draft 2 less rounds.

Keepers cannot be kept 2 years in a row. So, if LT was a keeper this past year, he will be back into the draft next year.

I like it because it prevents bad teams from just giving people away, and you can use a potential keeper in a trade with a bad team to get a non-keeper that might have more immediate impact to your team.

The downside is everyone tries to keep RBs, if you think RBs disappear quickly in a normal re-draft, wait till you throw a couple keepers in there. I had the 12th pick (of 12) this past year, what was left for me was Arrington, Benson, R Brown, Dunn, Anderson, etc., I ended up taking Arrington and R. Wayne at the turn, and I have been weak at RB all year. That was after keeping Culpepper and J. Walker :D, and I am somehow still in the playoffs.