[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Free Fantasy Advice - Week 14 - Playoff Edition

Hugh 0ne

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So feel free to "ride" Delhomme.

1218981[/snapback]

Sorry. I can read. I assume that this analysis applies to stiffs like Vick and Frerotte, as well as Brees. Keep up the good work and carry on. Nothing more to see here.

Edited by General Itals

Hugh, could use you advice at three positions (tough decisions this week)

RB: Playing Edge plus 1 of:

Dunn at Chi

McGahee vs. Den

F. Taylor vs. SF

WR: Playing H. Ward, Housh plus 1 of:

Keyshawn at Wash

D. Bennett vs. Sea

D. Mason vs. GB

K. Robinson vs. Pit (I don't have him, but he's available as FA)

RB and WR scoring is 1 pt per 10 yds, 6 pts per TD. Nothing for receptions.

Defense: WDIS?

Seattle (at Ten)

Jax (vs. SF)

Scoring is by number of points given up, plus 1 for sacks, 2 for turnovers, 6 for TDs. Seattle D has been awesome, but SF offense has been putrid.

Thanks!!

Edited by iliketiki

Hugh- QB quandry- have been playing and somehow winning every week despite having Plummer as my QB all year- I know how much you love the guy. Well, big playoff matchup- wanted you thoughts on my QB's- Can't get an f'ing good read on any of em-

Plummer

McNair

Collins- just grabbed him off WW - Thoughts??????

I have to pick 3 of these guys....

Branch

Driver

DJax

Jurevicious

Moulds

Leaning towards

Moulds - since Holcomb is back at the helm

Branch - just because

and was gonna be Joe but Now that DJax will cut into Joe's time but not be fully back ??

thanks

Hey Hugh.

E. Manning vs KC

or

Hasslebeck vs Ten

and

I need a WR to go along with CJ. I've been playing Jurevicious but with Jackson coming back, I'm not real excited about playing him. I have Evans on my roster, but with Holcombe starting he's not as good of a play either. Moulds Darral Jackson and Engram are on the WW so I could pick one of them up. Who do you like out of these guys?

JJ, Engram or DJ vs Ten

Moulds or Evans vs KC

Thanks.

Hey Hugh, haven't asked many this year and my team sucks, but still have a chance to win some $$$.

RBs: start 2

McGahee vs Den - He has killed my season

JJones @ Wash - Barber getting more looks now?

RBrown vs NYJ - RBBC always scary

CHouston @ Mia - Looked good last week and will get the bulk ... but???

Leaning Houston and Jones

At WR, I am starting MHarrison, need 2 more

Porter vs Clev - Tus only target last week

Djax @ Tenn - Playing if the reports are good

JJurv @ Tenn - Djax stealing catches?

Mush vs Atl - Finally moving the ball a little?

KCurtis vs Phil - Does he still play for the Rams?

Leaning Porter and Djax

Thanks in advance.

1217134[/snapback]

Those RB's are all tough, downside everywhere.

I'd still go with McGahee, no RBBC, so he'll get the bulk of the touches. Probably your best bet for a decent outing.

I'd bench Houston because Edwards has stated that they will us Askew, and go RBBC this week.

Jones or Brown. Tough. I'd lean towards Julius in waht should be a close game with lots of touches for the Dallas RB's.

At WR, I stay away from DJax in his first week back. With Holt and Bruce healthy, and Bulger not, Curtis is not a viable fantasy option.

So Porter and Mush it is. Not great options, although Porter could do well with Collins back in the lineup.

Good luck. :D

Which QB should I start, going back and forth , as usual :

Hasselbeck at  Tenn

Garrard  vs SF

Also, please pick 2 of these 4 WRs :  (NOT pt per rec !)

1) Driver at Balt  (not thrilled with him)

2) Evans vs Denver (and Champ, also Losman out may hurt Evans)

3) A Johnson vs Ariz  (inconsistent, who knows ?)

4) T Glenn at Wash  (Wash secondary all banged up)

Thanks, man ! :D

1217213[/snapback]

I'd go with Hass. Safer play. You really don't know what you'll get from Garrard. Hass won't have to do much to win this game, but 200 yards and a couple of TD's should be in the cards, which will probably be more than you'd get from Garrard.

Andre Johnson is probably your best option. Glenn has a bad matchup, and coming off a good week, he's bound to do nothing.

Evans or Driver? Well, looks like Holcomb's back in, so I'd bench Evans.

AJ and Driver. And good luck, you'll need it.

Hugh,

Should I start a banged up Brady at home versus Tampa, or Bledsoe on the road against Washington?

1217231[/snapback]

Keep an eye on it, but a banged up Brady is probably still a better option than Bledsoe against the Skins. If Brady plays, he'll be fine.

Hugh,

I cannot decide on my #2 RB to go with LT.  Help me choose one of these guys:

Parker vs MIN

R. Brown vs NYJ

R. Moats vs STL

Here is the rest of my starters for week 15:

QB - Hass

RB - LT & ??

WR - Fitzgerald, Wayne & Housh

TE - Witten

PK - Feely

ST/D - Cincy

Thanks for your advice.

1217263[/snapback]

Moats. Parker should do well against the Vikes, but may give up the TD's to Bettis. Brown is on the short end of a RBBC, so I'd bench him for sure. Moats was great in limited touches last week, and should do very well against a week Rams defense.

3rd Running back Moats or Chris Brown.

td=6pts; 50 yds = 3 pts; 10yds = 1 pt after

Moats plays at St. Louis and Brown is home vs. Seattle.

Moats has the easier match up, but it looks like Henry wont play this week and Chris Brown will get all the carries.

Is Moats for real or should I stick with who got me there?!

Thanks for the help!

Hey Hugh!

Validate my decisions here, performance +1 per rec/rush, bonusses over 300 passing, 100 rush/rec

My decisions:

bench Bledsoe, play Garrard

Garrard has a great matchup with the niners, I'm thinking I gotta try him again this week. The Redskins secondary is hurtin, and this is an extremely important game. I just find it hard trusting Bledsoe.

bench Ryan Moats, play Tom Jones

This is the toughest decision, as Chicago is playing ATL in the snow, which should mean a lot of reps for Jones... Can I believe Moats will carve up the Rams?? Gado's sophomore game was a travesty... 

bench Bruce, play Driver

Another tough one. I am kinda hedging my bet against Favre here, though when Fitzpatrick throws short routes it is to Bruce. If Vitt is going to do what he says, run the ball and cut down on turnovers, those short passes should factor in.

1217283[/snapback]

The Garrard - Bledsoe thing is tough. Garrard is an uproven risk, but has a terrific matchup. I'd lean his way also.

Moats, just like Westbrook, doesn't get a ton of carries. Did a lot with what he got last week, and should do the same this week, but I agree that Jones is a better option. The Bears can't pass, it's gonna be cold, probably a close game, all good things for TJ.

Don't bench Bruce at home. :D I like Driver this week, but I like Bruce more. The Rams are a different team at home, and both Bruce and Holt should do well this week against a depleted Philly D.

rb's start 2 d.davis,l.jordan,or c.williams

wr's start 3 firzgerald,wayne,r.smith,or d.branch

def. start 1 denver,seattle,ind.or minn.

thanks for the advice

1217289[/snapback]

Be careful with Davis because of the injury. If he goes, play him and Caddy, if not, Caddy and LJ. If it's a game time decision, don't risk it, because both Caddy and Jordan should do well.

Fitz, Wayne and Branch. I just don't like the Denver passing game, period.

Seattle because of the matchup.

Semi's

Fairly standard performance league with a few idiosyncracies (sp?), ALL TDS are 6 points, INTs are -3, WRs get 1.5 points per reception

Tempted to bench Palmer @ DET so I can insert Garrard vs SFO. Awful hard to sit Palmer given his performance this year, his dismal performance last week contributed to my loss. Garrard has a wonderful matchup and has scored 19.05, 18.80 and 29.40 over the last 3 weeks (compared to 33.70, 29.95 and 7.95 for Palmer). I know, I know ASYS ... but?

Where my real struggle is, however, is figuring out which 5 RB/WRs to start I must start 1 RB, but can start a 2nd one if I wish. That means I start 4 or 5 WRs. First my must start players are:

Boldin @ HOU

SSmith @ NOS

Housh @ DET

and maybe even

Galloway @ NE (will weather be a factor for the Floriday team?)

Assuming Galloway gets the nod ... that means I have to find 2 more players including at least one RB.

Arrington @HOU is intriguing given how poor of a rush defense Houston has ... but let's face it Arizona won't run the ball and when they do run it they split carries.

Greg Jones/Fred Taylor vs SFO ... I might be inclined to give Jones the start if I knew Fragile wasn't playing. I'm thinking a pass here is in order.

Ricky Wiliams vs NYJ ... sharing the ball with Ronnie Brown against a fairly decent run defense ... looks like he's on the bench.

Here's where the struggle comes in ... picking 2 players from

Willie Parker @ MIN Minnesota has been playing better and their rush defense isn't bad ... add in the fact that they are home and PIT is sharing the rock between 3 RBs ... and well you see my dilema.

Tatem Bell @ BUF Buffalo has a horrible rush defense and this would be an absolute no brainer if only he didn't share the ball with both Mike Anderson AND Big Boy Dayne. One thing is for sure .... Bell isn't likely to get 20 touches. Mike Anderson is the pounder.

Roy Williams vs CIN This is an intriguing matchup and we know that Cincy can be thrown on. The question, though, is can Garcia throw on Cincy? Can Roy catch the ball if Garcia throws it?

Eric Moulds vs DEN I had orginially ruled him out ... but if Holcomb is back under center and with Denver's suspect pass defense I am reconsidering.

BENCHED PLAYERS

DBrees @ IND

BJohnson vs PIT

Arrington @HOU

BJacobs vs KCC

GJones vs SFO

FTaylor vs SFO

Ricky Williams vs NYJ

Lelie @ BUF

Williamson vs PIT

Pollard vs CIN

Rackers @HOU

Hugh-  Semi-final matchup this weekend. 

Brady vs. Tampa

or

Garrard vs. SF

Brady has been my guy all year and I know you play your guys but I just wonder about this one...

Roy Williams vs. Cincy

or

Rod Smith @ Buffalo

I think Roy has more potential for big numbers but also zero while Rod is steady.  I think I lean towards steady here.  Thoughts?

1217298[/snapback]

Brady.

And. Neither. :D

OK, if you held a gun to my head, I'd start....... NEITHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just can't do it. I can't, in good faith, recommend starting a Lions player or a WR catching balls from Plummer. :D

OK, go with the guy who's name start with S.

Hugh my man, it's semifinals time. I have Chad Johnson and I need to start two of the following WR's with him, I'm leaning toward Engram & Jackson. What do you think?

Bobby Engram @ Tenn

Darrell Jackson @ Tenn

Antonio Bryant @ Oak

Drew Bennett vs Sea

Ernest Wilford vs SF

Koren Robinson vs Pitt

Thanks in advance!!

1217299[/snapback]

I wouldn't start DJax this week. Too risky. Give him a week to work out the kinks before putting him back in your lineup.

I like Engram for sure.

The rest are all pretty ugly. I think I'd go out on a limb here and try Wilford based on the very favorable matchup, although he is a risk.

Hugh- :D

Minny D at home vs. Pitt

or

NYG D at home vs. KC

(Baltimore on the WW  :D )

Also. S.Jackson has been a dissapointment as of late. Do I ride him or take a flyer on C.Taylor?

1217314[/snapback]

Vikes D has been solid. I'd give them a shot.

I'd stick with SJax. They're at home, they're a different offense at home. Taylor's a decent option, but I go with SJax.

Pick 1 RB

Jackson vs PHI

Moats vs STL

Foster vs NO

Parker vs MIN

Pick 1 WR

K. Robinson vs PIT

S. Parker vs NYG

Wilford vs SF

R. Brown vs STL

Thanks.

1217381[/snapback]

Jackson and Moats are a toss up. I'd lean towards Jackson.

Wilford. The other options are just terrible.