[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

FF Advice

rew70

Hey all,

standard scoring with bonuses for +300/+100 yds and 6 pnts for all TDs.  Start QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, K, D (*starter right now)

QB: Brunell v. NYG, *Garrard @ Hou

RB: *Alexander v. Indy, *Moats @ Ariz, Caddy v. ATL, Jackson v. SF, Morris v. Indy

WR: *C.Johnson v. Buf, TJ v. Buf, Driver v. Chic, Glenn @ Car

TE: Crumpler @ TB

K: Graham v. Buf

D: Giants @ Wash.

What do you think, here are the questions I have:

1. Do I plug Brunell back in? (Might be about even)

2. All #2 RB have nice matchups, but Moats has been the best the last 2 weeks. (leaning towards Moats)

3. Glenn or Driver or do I pick up Givens @ NYJ? (leaning to getting Givens)

4. Do I go with Crumpler (banged up) or pick up Stevens v. Indy or Troupe @ Mia? (all are good choices, Stevens would be my 1st pick up)

5. And lastly stick with the Giants or go with Car v. Dal. (Car D looks mighty tempting.)

What do you guys think?  So many choices I know but I'm heading out tomorrow for a funeral before the holidays and want to have my team set.

Thanks in Advance, Happy Holidays!!  :D

1227691[/snapback]

1. I like Brunell over Garrard this week. DG should have pounded SF, Brunell is heating up trying to make the playoffs.

2. Stick with Moats. He's hot and a threat to score each time he touches the ball.

3. Grab Givens and start him against the Jets. Good matchup and Brady will find him while they are chasing Branch around.

4. Stevens is $$. If you can get him, then do it.

5. The CAR defense should be able to contain what DAL does this weekend. I like them over the G-men.

Good Luck!

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

REW70 - You saved me and I made it to the Super Bowl, now I have way too many choices.  Standard Performance league no points for catches.

RB - Need to pick two to go along with Portis

Edge - I doubt he will play

Moats @ ARIZONA

Ricky Williams - vs TEN

Ronnie Brown - vs TEN

Cedric Houston - vs NE

WR - Need to pick two - I can not pick up anyone

Housh - vs BUF - Hoping he is not hurt

Andre Johnson - vs JAX

Donte Stallworth - vs DET

Roddy White @ TB

D

Patriots @ Jets

Broncos vs OAK

1228749[/snapback]

edge will probably not play much, but I think he starts. But one series and out does you no good. onitor that and see what kind of info comes out on how much they'll play.

Moats and Williams are my picks. Moats is playing too well right now to bench and is a scoring threat. Williams has the better game again over Brown and while you never really know which is going to show up and do better, I like Williams over Brown. Don't like Houston against NE this week. That's not a goood matchup.

Hooush and Stallworth at WR. Both have good matchups are involved heavily in the passing game. JAX and TBG both have goood defenses that will most likely contain Johnson and White.

NE defense looked mighty good to me. They are getting healthier by the week and the Jets do not pose much of a threat. I like NE this week.

Good Luck!

hey rew, i need some serious help in the wr department. with wayne not playing i'm thinkin of pickin up stokley. is this a good move?? also, should i play j jur, or pick up t heap, he's available. that would give me stokley, moulds or evans (depending on qb) and heap. not the greatest superbowl line up but its all i got. any advice would be appreciated... thanks

I need 2:

Jordan @ DEN

Jackson vs SF

Moats @ ARI

Foster @ DAL

Parker vs CLE

Thanks.

1228791[/snapback]

I say Moats and Parker. Both have very nice matchups and will be starting receiving the majority of the carries. Jordan and Jackson are both dinged and Foster is nice, but he other matchups are better this week.

Good Luck!

hey rew,  i need some serious help in the wr department.  with wayne not playing i'm thinkin of pickin up stokley.  is this a good move??  also,  should i play j jur,  or pick up t heap,  he's available.  that would give me stokley,  moulds or evans (depending on qb) and heap.  not the greatest superbowl line up but its all i got.  any advice would be appreciated...  thanks

1228822[/snapback]

Well Wayne should play, but I doubt he plays the whole game. You'll have to monitor that situation. I can see wayne playin for at least the first half and maybe the third quarter too. I like JJ better than Stokely, but I think each will probably get about the same with JJ having the edge to score a TD. Heap is a good TE, but he isn't going to produce like he did against the Pack every week...or again this season so temper your expectations there.

Looks like Holcomb will start so moulds is your guy there. I like Moulds, JJ and Wayne myself. One half of Wayne is better than Heap or stokely.

Good Luck!

What's up Rew!! It's Superbowl time in a BIG $ league worth about 4K, so with that said here goes........ Thanks in advance!

Who to start with LJ.

Julius Jones at CAR

or

Frank Gore vs STL (We don't know Barlow's status yet)

and

STL D vs SF

or

TB D vs ATL

Hey rew...SB time :D

Ok

Bledsoe or *Delhomme

Pick 2

*Anderson

Duckett

Gado - probably out for the season - suggestions on who to pick up. Bell is available and so is M. Barber?????? EDIT: Moats is also available!!

Pick 2

*Holt - Hope Martin plays

Fitzgerald

*S. Smith

Longwell - all GB players are a bust

*Peterson

*Giants

Jets

*Leaning towards.

Let me know what you think.

Also...

Of these 4 which 2 do you think will score the most points:

Foster

Dillon

S. Jackson

Ricky Williams

And last but not least who do you like better against the Skins:

Toomer or

Burress - It seems like Burress and Eli are not on the same page or same planet for all the goes???

or would Hilliard be a better choice than Toomer or Burress.

I know alot of questions. Answer what you can. Thanks and good luck.

Edited by devilwoman

Would you go with Rhodes over Jurevicius in a point only league, win/loss don't mean anything.....

Thanks

1228920[/snapback]

Defeinitely. He'll get more touches and that means more opportunities to cash those touches in. I'd be surprised id Edge get more than 25-30 touches of the ball over the next 2 weeks combined either rushing or receiving.

Rhodes will be the mian guy and he's more than adequate at filling in. JJ will be limited as he was this past week with the return of DJax and the continuing solid play of Engram.

Good Luck!

What's up Rew!! It's Superbowl time in a BIG $ league worth about 4K, so with that said here goes........ Thanks in advance!

Who to start with LJ.

Julius Jones at CAR

or

Frank Gore vs STL (We don't know Barlow's status yet)

and

STL D vs SF

or

TB D vs ATL

1228924[/snapback]

Well I hope LJ runs wild for you. Don't like your other choices at all. However I am going on the assumption that Gore is the starter and therefore I say go with him. I am unimpressed with Jones and Barber, to me, is the better back in DAL. Besides CAR will have something to say about their production. Gore gives you a better chance to score. I think he can manage 100 combined and a score this week.

TB defense for sure. You really want STL...regardless of who they play? No way, roll TB out there.

Good Luck!

Hey rew...SB time :D

Ok

Bledsoe or *Delhomme

Pick 2

*Anderson

Duckett

Gado - probably out for the season - suggestions on who to pick up.  Bell is available and so is M. Barber??????

Pick 2

*Holt - Hope Martin plays

Fitzgerald

*S. Smith

Longwell - all GB players are a bust

*Peterson

*Giants

Jets

*Leaning towards.

Let me know what you think.

Also...

Of these 4 which 2 do you think will score the most points:

Foster

Dillon

S. Jackson

Ricky Williams

And last but not least who do you like better against the Skins:

Toomer or

Burress - It seems like Burress and Eli are not on the same page or same planet for all the goes??? 

or would Hilliard be a better choice than Toomer or Burress.

I know alot of questions.  Answer what you can.  Thanks and good luck.

1228937[/snapback]

OK, let's get started here...Delhomme instead of Bledsoe. CAR defense will prove tougher for Bledsoe than the DAL defense will for Jake.

While I don't like having 2 RBs from the same team, in this case it makes sense. Both Anderson and Bell are better than your other choices. Barber will split with Jones and the CAR defense is going to make it hard on both and with Duckett facing TB, the only thing he'sgood for is GL carries and realistically, how many of them are there for him each game? Not enough to warrant a start over MA and TB. Both should get enough touches to get into enough of a rythm to do ok. They are playing a horrid defense in Oakland and each should score this week with MA getting slightly better yards. I can see MA getting 100 combined and a score and Bell getting about 80 combined and a score. And at home, they will be solid. Man I hate denver.. :D but they are going to throttle Oakland.

Holt and Smith at WR. Both must starts. Peterson and the Giants def. is the way to go from your choices.

For your scoring question, I rank them as follows:

Dillon

Foster

Williams

Jackson

And finally Burress is the better option. I have a feeling this week, Eli will find him. He gets open often and he's just a huge target. I think he'll rebound this week. Hilliard...no.

Good Luck!

OK, let's get started here...Delhomme instead of Bledsoe.  CAR defense will prove tougher for Bledsoe than the DAL defense will for Jake.

While I don't like having 2 RBs from the same team, in this case it makes sense.  Both Anderson and Bell are better than your other choices.  Barber will split with Jones and the CAR defense is going to make it hard on both and with Duckett facing TB, the only thing he'sgood for is GL carries and realistically, how many of them are there for him each game? Not enough to warrant a start over MA and TB.  Both should get enough touches to get into enough of a rythm to do ok.  They are playing a horrid defense in Oakland and each should score this week with MA getting slightly better yards. I can see MA getting 100 combined and a score and Bell getting about 80 combined and a score.  And at home, they will be solid.  Man I hate denver.. :D  but they are going to throttle Oakland.

Holt and Smith at WR.  Both must starts.  Peterson and the Giants def. is the way to go from your choices.

For your scoring question, I rank them as follows:

Dillon

Foster

Williams

Jackson

And finally Burress is the better option.  I have a feeling this week, Eli will find him.  He gets open often and he's just a huge target.  I think he'll rebound this week.  Hilliard...no.

Good Luck!

1228976[/snapback]

:D Thanks rew you're the BOMB!! One last question I promise...I like Bell too, but what do you think about picking up Moats instead? Do you think Moats will produce more than Bell? - Thanks again and HAPPY HOLIDAYS :D:D:D

:D Thanks rew you're the BOMB!!  One last question I promise...I like Bell too, but what do you think about picking up Moats instead?  Do you think Moats will produce more than Bell? - Thanks again and HAPPY HOLIDAYS :D  :D  :D

1228977[/snapback]

Actually yes I do. I think Moats can easily get 100 combined and a score. That's slightly better than Bell. The more Moats plays, the more he's learning the offense's nuances and blocking schemes which means the more he'll be on the field. He's a threat to score each time he touches the ball and is the starter.

And Happy Holidays to you :D

Good Luck!

Edited by rew70

hey rew,  here's another one

i have tampa and miami's d

i'm thinkin of playin tampa's d vs atl  in tampa

miami plays tenn,  and they looked good last week.  my other options of free agent wire are clevelands d vs pitt or stl d vs san fran.

what would rew do??

1228971[/snapback]

Rew would play the TB against ATL. They are a solid unti. They never play well up North especially against NE. That wasn't a total shock. They will be able to cause some problems for ATL.

Good Luck!

Actually yes I do.  I think Moats can easily get 100 combined and a score.  That's slightly better than Bell.  The more Moats plays, the more he's learning the offense's nuances and blocking schemes which means the more he'll be on the field.  He's a threat to score each time he touches the ball and is the starter.

And Happy Holidays to you :D

Good Luck!

1228989[/snapback]

Alllllriiiiiiiighty then...I will pick the man up and put him on my roster.

Rew - Thanks for answering my earlier post.  One more for you:

Which defense this week:

NE vs. Jets

Jac. vs. Hou

Scoring:  Sacks = 1 pt, Interceptions/Fumble Recoverys/Blocked Kick/Safety = 2, Defensive TD = 6

Thanks!!

1229078[/snapback]

Houston generally plays JAX tough and the Jets are still the Jets. NE is getting healthy and looked real good against TB. I say NE here.

Good Luck!

Well I hope LJ runs wild for you.  Don't like your other choices at all.  However I am going on the assumption that Gore is the starter and therefore I say go with him.  I am unimpressed with Jones and Barber, to me, is the better back in DAL.  Besides CAR will have something to say about their production.  Gore gives you a better chance to score.  I think he can manage 100 combined and a score this week.

TB defense for sure.  You really want STL...regardless of who they play?  No way, roll TB out there.

Good Luck!

1228953[/snapback]

I was planning on doing just that, thanks.

Moats.  RW had the better game in MIA and may be holding that position in the pecking order.  But they do split and you just don't know who's going to do what from week to week.  Moats is a threat to break one off every time he touches the ball.  ARZ will provide a soft run defense to test that theory.  I like Moats this week.

Good Luck!

1228747[/snapback]

Just a side note Rew...that was Chris Brown not Ronnie Brown. You had me confused but i figured out the mistake you made. It's no biggy. If you think I should start Chris Brown over Maots, let me know!

Just a side note Rew...that was Chris Brown not Ronnie Brown.  You had me confused but i figured out the mistake you made.  It's no biggy.  If you think I should start Chris Brown over Maots, let me know!

1229120[/snapback]

My bad, I like Moats over Brown. He's hot and has a favorable matchup this week. He should continue playing well.

Good Luck!

Rew, pick up Grossman or McCown?  I've been starting Simms or Fitzgerald (Martin not available).

1229129[/snapback]

I'm not a fan of McCown and I will not advocate his playing. He was benched for a reason. I like Simms from your choices, but if I were to pick up a player, I would grab Grossman.

Good Luck!