[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Biggest bust of fantasy '05

live4vball

Dante Culpepper? Duece McAllister? There's no doubt these guys stole high draft picks and killed teams early in the season. But I want to hear about the guy you kept on your squad all year, making excuses to start them every now and again in great matchups just to see them burn you.

Here's a short list for my league's year-long busters:

Jamal Lewis

Kevin Jones

Joe Horn

Michael Clayton

What do you think?

Well.....I had Jamal on my team but I would still say Kevin Jones. Everyone was saying this guy was going to have the rushing title this year, over 1800 yards, blah blah blah. Jamal at least has some sort of excuse, I mean he missed a lot of time in jail. Close call between those two though. K. Jones was a lot like William Green 2 years ago. 3 years ago maybe? He ended his rookie season strong (a la K. Jones) and then was a major bust all year the next year.

Has to be K. Jones, luckily I drafted L. Jordan behind him. Although for the first few weeks of the season I couldn't not start him.

A. Johnson was a pretty big bust too, he put together a couple of big games there at the end but I had already relegated him to the bench by then.

I drafted Jamal, Andre Johnson, Michael Clayton, JJ Arrington and acquired Horn via trade. Luckily, Clayton and AJ were dropped quickly, I used Jamal early for a couple of his only productive games then dropped him and Horn never saw my lineup. This was a tough year. I think it makes for some interesting 2006 drafts at the RB#2 spot.

I'm going w/ Jamal - in one leauge, I drafted him 1.06. Somebody told me Vegas had him favored to win the rushing title, and Vegas doesn't like to throw money around... Well, now that I think of it, mabye they said that to MAKE money... anyhow, I thought guys worked out in prison, but apparently Jamal just read poetry, and did machromete... (spelling??)

Agree with all, but my vote goes to Randy Moss. :D

1238510[/snapback]

But Randy is going to end the year with close to 900 yards (maybe more) and 6 or 7 TDs. That isn't worthy of his high draft spot, but thats not a terrible year. Jamal and K. Jones (and M. Clayton) all had TERRIBLE years, I don't think Randy can take the #1 bust spot.

I agree with all the other posts and want to add Dante Culpepper to the list.

Dante Culpepper was a huge bust this season. In most drafts, he was taken no later than early in the third and often taken late in round 1 or round 2.

Before this guy got hurt, I think he had 15 INTs vs 3 TDs. He was en route to one of the worst fantasy years of all time for such a highly drafted QB.

Let's also not forget TO, the Ravens DST (absolutely HUGE bust), and the Pats DST.

But Randy is going to end the year with close to 900 yards (maybe more) and 6 or 7 TDs. That isn't worthy of his high draft spot, but thats not a terrible year.  Jamal and K. Jones (and M. Clayton) all had TERRIBLE years, I don't think Randy can take the #1 bust spot.

1238652[/snapback]

I think the pain is due to Randy lovers expecting 1600 yards and 20 tds ... :D

But I agree -- Jamal and KJones should be ashamed. :D

I think most of the guys were mentioned in here so I won't go on about that. What I will say is I don't know if a guy who got hurt for many games like a McNabb, Deuce, or C-Pep or a guy who was suspended for many games like TO can be a bust. I think there may be 2 categories here. Those guys hurt fantasy teams just like the Jamal's, Clayton's, and Moss' did but they aren't really busts. They are guys who missed many game because of injuries. Bust means guys who week in and week out just sucked, so IMO guys who missed many weeks aren't busts they fall under another title. I mean McNabb and C-Pep didn't start for your fantasy teams for MANY weeks now. Some of these other busts, especially Moss, started for MANY weeks and did ZERO. Just my opinion.

For whatever reason - injury, drugs, lack of performance, etc the following guys, at a minimum, can be deemed a bust of one kind or another (as listed in this thread or in my head)

K.Jones

J.Lewis

OSmith

D.McCallister

J.Walker

A.Johnson

M.Clayton

P.Holmes

D.McNabb

C.Pepp

L.Coles

JJ Arrington (though he was a rookie)

R.Moss

TO

A.Green

J.Horn

Ravens DST (if a team D can be a bust)

Pats DST

C.Rogers

I am sure I am missing some...but the point is that it sure seems like a very long list of players that let their fantasy owners down this year. Am I wrong or is this an unusually long list of players that just absolutely sucked due to injury or horrific play?

By the way, ten of these players were on my roster at one point or another - a great year.

I had BOTH J. Lewis and K. Jones (#1 and 2 picks), and I still managed to make it to my league semi-finals ... mainly thanks to LJ and Carson Palmer.

Joe Horn killed me in my other league, where I still won the super bowl.

Ultimately, we're all gonna get screwed by busts or injuries, and it comes down to your waiver wire/FA pick-ups, a few good trades, and a lot of luck.