[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Auction style leagues

Yukon Cornelius

i have finally gotten my local to go auction... we are  a keeper(  3 players 3 year max) ... how do u ajust for keepers in auctions.

1245781[/snapback]

We pay a 10% penalty each year from prior year's salary (rounded up to the nearest dollar). That's in a $100 salary cap league.

We allow a maximum of only 2 keepers each year. We run a $200 salary cap and each player kept is only kept for 1 year and for double the original auctioned cost. This really isn't a keeper league, but more a way for teams to get a few guys into their lineup after getting them "cheap" at the auction.

i have finally gotten my local to go auction... we are  a keeper(  3 players 3 year max) ... how do u ajust for keepers in auctions.

1245781[/snapback]

We pay a 10% penalty each year from prior year's salary (rounded up to the nearest dollar).  That's in a $100 salary cap league.

1245785[/snapback]

I have heard of leagues using this method, but I have always felt that you should have some advantage towards keepeing any player you want, and this really only gives you advantage in keeping players you bought on the cheap last year.

I like the method where you allocate extra 'fake' bidding dollars to each team that can only be used to bid on players that were on the roster last year. this still allows other teams to bid on a player, and even drive the price up on you. The idea is that someone else can acquire the player is they want him enough, but it will hurt them more than it will hurt you. If you keep 3 players, than you can use your fake bucks until you have won 3 of your keepers.

thanks guys... now the problem is if and how do we start with keepers..... should we start over... some wish 2

i have a coupel if list form average auctoins for the bigging of this year but and its a big but some of the players in our league would go higher that those averages.... we have alot of Gb homers who draft there players way early... a few queens fans that do the same

You could adjust salaries based on performance and allow teams to keep players as long as they wanted as long as they remained salary cap compliant.

There are all sorts of ways to be detailed about this (or not), depending on what you're looking for.

thanks guys... now the problem is if and how do we start with keepers..... should we start over... some wish 2

i have a coupel if list form average auctoins for the bigging of this year but and its a big but some of the players in our league would go higher that those averages....    we have alot of Gb homers who draft there players way early... a few queens fans that do the same

1245966[/snapback]

I swear thehuddle has auction vaules. Use those for a place to start. We were an auction that went keeper. Probably easier to go that in the future.