[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Question about HAG

soopanuts

being a copycat commish myself getting 32 committed owners was a pain...grant it we were looking for homers it was still open to anyone.

"HAG-Too!" is a great idea, but getting a another 48 committed owners into 4 different groups of 12 might be a bit much...god bless the person who trys to take that ordeal on.

1259243[/snapback]

How many new leagues formed here this year?

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nick, I understand there is debate over this between commishes. What I can't understand is the will of the many isn't good enough for the few.  It seems very ludicrous to me. The people have spoken?

1259556[/snapback]

This is what I find so hard to understand.  I realize the final decision has not been made yet, but the masses seem pretty vocal about one way and the very select few are leaning towards the other and that select few will make the decision.  There seem to be more people that will leave to form HAGII then are in the final decision process so it just seems very odd to me.

1259570[/snapback]

Yes, the people have spoken. And it has had an impact. Now all I can say is WAIT. Because after this thread we aren't really ready to give more 'here's where we are now' updates. When we have something that sounds formal and is well done we'll toss it out for feedback. It shouldn't be too long. Truthfully, the more time we spend in here debating the process with everyone the less time we spend actually working on the issues at hand.

As far as people wanting to leave the league and go form HAG II, nothing is stopping anyone from doing that. Feel free. Maybe there are enough people already that want in on the concept that aren't in it now :D I don't care if you start it without leaving just to be in another league :D The reality is that this wasn't easy to put together, and I thought it ran pretty well for having to coordinate 48 people in various ways. It will be a shame to lose good members such as Grits, but we'll move along.

It isn't that complicated, all we need is the short answer.

... but I as I stated in my retirement post that I will be retiring to allow new blood into Generation Lost (as seems to be the desire for these leagues) ... aren't I doing the same thing you are?

1259686[/snapback]

I may be stupid... but I am not an idiot thank you very much.

No, you are not doing the same thing.

You are leaving because you believe that you will have to go to the bottom of a waiting list... thus 'wasting' your time. Once you determined that you had to go to the bottom of the list and would be wasting your time you decided that you would 'retire' and allow for new blood.

I was very up front, right from the git go, that I would do one year because of the amount of people turning 50, or already 50, that couldn't get into the league.

Two totally different animals.

The whole premise of HAG has changed. It has now become just another BOTH league. Good people, good competition, and good rules. However, it has now become exclusive. I can live with that, though it was never my intention for it to become so. We have a league for over 50's and that was my aim from several years ago when I put out feelers for interest.

It isn't that complicated, all we need is the short answer.

1259947[/snapback]

There is no short answer. Having taken in every opinion in this thread, we're crafting something that will, we think, be acceptable. At the same time we are visiting all sorts of scenarios so that we can plug loopholes. I posted a possible loophole in HAG Main this morning and it's now been plugged. We're really looking for the next thing to come out of there to be the last word, not because it's a diktat but because there will hopefully be nothing anyone could disagree with.

Short answers will just generate a ton more questions. Be assured we are doing our level best to make HAG the best it can possibly be, bearing in mind we all get older and mobility is inevitable.

Y'all have the option to short route the whole deal and fire us all.

There is no short answer.  Having taken in every opinion in this thread, we're crafting something that will, we think, be acceptable.  At the same time we are visiting all sorts of scenarios so that we can plug loopholes.  I posted a possible loophole in HAG Main this morning and it's now been plugged.  We're really looking for the next thing to come out of there to be the last word, not because it's a diktat but because there will hopefully be nothing anyone could disagree with.

Short answers will just generate a ton more questions.  Be assured we are doing our level best to make HAG the best it can possibly be, bearing in mind we all get older and mobility is inevitable. 

Y'all have the option to short route the whole deal and fire us all.

1260207[/snapback]

Urs, I don't want to fire anyone especially you. Just want to know the deal, maybe I misunderstood all this in the beginning. I don't think so, but it's possible.

Looks like you were typing this the same time as Ursa was giving his response.  Patience youn...er, old grasshopper.

1260216[/snapback]

Pud, you know I am a patient guy, right. :D

Edited by NSab

Urs, I don't want to fire anyone especially you. Just want to know the deal, maybe I misunderstood all this in the beginning. I don't think so, but it's possible.

1260227[/snapback]

We'll definitely have something soon. We are missing a couple of commishes and although we certainly have a quorum, I'd like to let all 9 have a say before we nail the promulgation to the church door, oops, I mean let everyone see the new suggestion. :D

It's those NVN guys I know it. Twiley will speak for them, he was asked to be a co-commish.

It's those NVN guys I know it. Twiley will speak for them, he was asked to be a co-commish.

1260282[/snapback]

We just had a discussion about this in NVN and the 2 co-commishes are aging out this year so we would have a biased opinion. Then again...maybe they need an opinion like ours.

We just had a discussion about this in NVN and the 2 co-commishes are aging out this year so we would have a biased opinion. Then again...maybe they need an opinion like ours.

1260303[/snapback]

Give it to them.

I'll need a password then. :D

1260323[/snapback]

I don't think they accept you :D

Edited by NSab

Wow, Interesting thread. Now for the Powers that Be. Here's my 0.02

I got lucky this year and was allowed to play in Gen Lost even though I was boarderline on the age thing. So I'm now after one year, officially homeless. I no longer qualify for Gen Lost, and my guess is I'll be on a waiting list for the next level.

Do I believe I should get first shot over someone that hasn't played? Since I'm a member already, I would hope so. And I say that because I have invested my time (with my record this year that could be debated) and money.

If I wind up on 2-5 year waiting list, by the time I do get another shot, I will of moved on to a more stable league that I can return to ever year.

So if you want turn-over, let the waiting lists be first come, first serve. Your the commish's, so huddle it up and figure it out. But don't wait till the last minute.

Now with that said, HOT has no age limit??? So this is where Old Huddlers go to Die.

Wow, Interesting thread.  Now for the Powers that Be. Here's my 0.02

I got lucky this year and was allowed to play in Gen Lost even though I was boarderline on the age thing.  So I'm now after one year, officially homeless.  I no longer qualify for Gen Lost, and my guess is I'll be on a waiting list for the next level.

Do I believe I should get first shot over someone that hasn't played? Since I'm a member already, I would hope so.  And I say that because I have invested my time (with my record this year that could be debated) and money.

If I wind up on 2-5 year waiting list, by the time I do get another shot, I will of moved on to a more stable league that I can return to ever year. 

So if you want turn-over, let the waiting lists be first come, first serve.  Your the commish's, so huddle it up and figure it out. But don't wait till the last minute.

Now with that said, HOT has no age limit??? So this is where Old Huddlers go to Die.

1261036[/snapback]

JoJo - a decision should come out very shortly. We've been hashing out in the Main HAG forum for a couple of days.

I still don't know what is so complicated, but i hope it all works out for the best. This is a BOTH league and there is nothing wrong with that.

lol. I just got htis picture in my mind, of 12 guys in the jury room, one with the opposing vote and all the others getting po'd. :D