[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wedding Ring

whomper

Do you wear your wedding ring ?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Do you wear your wedding ring ?

• Yes
    • No
    • Occasionally

I was at a playoff fantasy draft with 6 guys last night . 5 of us are married yet im the only one that had a wedding band on. One of them noticed that and we had a conversation about it. I know these guys and they dont not wear it because they are up to no good they just said its lost or they dont wear any type of jewelery. Just curious to see who wears theirs.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got married in Nov of 04 I told my wife that I would always wear my ring. In my first marriage I never wore because I used to work on computers alot and played alot of softball. I never wore my ring to play sports and I used to travel alot to play softball so I just got into the habit of never wearing it.

I never owned a watch before August of last year but have worn that all of the time since as well. I never used to like wearing any type of jewlery but now wear my wedding ring and watch all of the time.

I still wear mine. Been on my hand for just about 39 years now. Wore it even when working on electronics equipment in the Navy and wore it when I used to build computers. Probably not very smart when doing that kind of stuff.... but I don't take it off.

I still wear mine. Been on my hand for just about 39 years now. Wore it even when working on electronics equipment in the Navy and wore it when I used to build computers. Probably not very smart when doing that kind of stuff.... but I don't take it off.

1250403[/snapback]

I didn't either ... the emergency room removed mine

I wear mine always although last summer I was jumping off a boat to help it dock on a small island on a local inland lake; well the water was a bit deeper then I thought and I panicked and grabbed the bar around the boat as I was decending and bent the ring and cracked it a bit, not to mention I had a nice gash but nothing to serious.

Other then that, softball, basketball, working out, whatever I have no problem with it granted it's just a gold band.

Edited by chiefjay

I didn't either ... the emergency room removed mine

1250412[/snapback]

I don't think having it cut off in an emergency situation counts as not wearing your ring if you get it fixed and put it back on.

You probably shouldn't let people kick you in the hand in the future. :oldrazz:

Other then that, softball, basketball, working out, whatever I have no problem with it granted it's just a gold band.

1250416[/snapback]

Don't be so modest CheifJay. I took a gander at your ring when we went to the ball game last year. Furd can probably confirm it. Here's a pic.

Jay's ring

Here's a pic of ChiefJay sporting his ring at the party we attended after the game. He's quite an entertainer after a couple beers.

Don't be so modest CheifJay.  I took a gander at your ring when we went to the ball game last year.  Furd can probably confirm it.  Here's a pic.

Jay's ring

Here's a pic of ChiefJay sporting his ring at the party we attended after the game.  He's quite an entertainer after a couple beers.

1250433[/snapback]

Seems that someone doesn't like you linking to that pictire Puddy.

Had one when we got married, then about 4 years later one of my students stole it. I couldn't prove it though. I didn't get another until about 6-7 years ago. Now I only take it off at bed time.

I worked as a machinist for over 30 years. That is a very bad occupation for wearing rings (a lot of missing fingers). Never wore mine until I retired. Less than a year later lost it. Don't know where, I think it was during a hike in the woods. My wife wears hers doesn't mind that I don't sport one. Nice lady.

Don't be so modest CheifJay.  I took a gander at your ring when we went to the ball game last year.  Furd can probably confirm it.  Here's a pic.

Jay's ring

Here's a pic of ChiefJay sporting his ring at the party we attended after the game.  He's quite an entertainer after a couple beers.

1250433[/snapback]

Actually I only break that ring out for special occasions like meeting up with two huddlers for beers, dogs, and watching the Tig's get their asz kicked.

I actually thought we would see Bill Bonds that night at the after party and wanted to represent the little guy.

I don't think having it cut off in an emergency situation counts as not wearing your ring if you get it fixed and put it back on.

You probably shouldn't let people kick you in the hand in the future. :oldrazz:

1250430[/snapback]

Haven't got it fixed yet ... the finger pained me for quite awhile and I wasn't going to put it back on until the finger felt better. Now it's just a matter of finding the time to get to a jeweler.

Don't wear mine. I do a lot of work around the house and at our farms on the weekends, and the ring would give me some nasty callous/blisters. My wife doesn't mind though, as people can tell that I'm married just by looking at my posture and glazed eyes.

I wear it except when working on machinery.