[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

10 minutes till BSG!

cliaz

some people are taking my sigline way too seriously

1251946[/snapback]

Trust me, watch one episode and you'll be hooked. It's not a typical Sci-fi show at all. There are no phasers and star gates and ghey Athena like that.

Let's put it this way, sopranos has nothing on battle star galactica and I stand by that statement.

Definitely a classic. I've seen every episode, and it just keeps getting better and better. Obviously what sets this series apart from other sci-fi trash is the great writing. The scripts are really awesome.

When Adama told Starbuck to "put a bullet in her head", I about Athena!!!

Can't wait 'til next week!!! :D

Definitely a classic. I've seen every episode, and it just keeps getting better and better. Obviously what sets this series apart from other sci-fi trash is the great writing. The scripts are really awesome.

When Adama told Starbuck to "put a bullet in her head", I about Athena!!!

Can't wait 'til next week!!! :D

1253125[/snapback]

First time I have actually watched a full episode. Loved it.

I also about crapped with the "put a bullet in her head" comment, very subtle.

I should get the first and second seasons and catch up on the series.

The writing is the best for TV that I've even seen. NONE of the characters are perfect. Too often, espeically in sci-fi, characters are either all good or all bad.

For those who think we're geeking out....

This is the best show on TV. It's only SciFi because it takes place in space. That is just a part of the show, not the point of the show. No tech geek walking around explaining everything to 'Tachions', 'Wormholes' or other BS that gets a happy ending every week.

I will be VERY upset when this show runs it's length. It will be very hard to replace.

This is the best show on TV.  It's only SciFi because it takes place in space.  That is just a part of the show, not the point of the show.  No tech geek walking around explaining everything to 'Tachions', 'Wormholes' or other BS that gets a happy ending every week.

1255464[/snapback]

Good opinion here.

The old BSG series had a space fight every episode with Galactica torn apart but barely surviving... until next week...

How many times have we seen a space dogfight so far in 2 seasons? I'm guessing 3? Its a very character driven show, and they have the actors to do it.

The writing is the best for TV that I've even seen.  NONE of the characters are perfect.  Too often, espeically in sci-fi, characters are either all good or all bad. 

This is the best show on TV.  It's only SciFi because it takes place in space.  That is just a part of the show, not the point of the show.  No tech geek walking around explaining everything to 'Tachions', 'Wormholes' or other BS that gets a happy ending every week.

I will be VERY upset when this show runs it's length.  It will be very hard to replace.

1255464[/snapback]

Good info here. :D

If you're not watching, you're missing. Grab the DVDs and catch up!

Great start to the new season.  Lots of plot lines going on here.  I'm guessing that there's no assassination attempt on Adama.

1252981[/snapback]

I think you're right. I'm guessing that Cain's XO spills the beans to Tigh over a night of drinking. In turn Adama sends his own marines over to infiltrate the Pegasus and assist Thrace as she pulls out her gun, aims it at Cain's head,...and arrests her for plotting to kill Adama.

Big Red and others have hit the nail on the head. This is not so much sci-fi as it is a very good drama set in space.

I think you're right.  I'm guessing that Cain's XO spills the beans to Tigh over a night of drinking.  In turn Adama sends his own marines over to infiltrate the Pegasus and assist Thrace as she pulls out her gun, aims it at Cain's head,...and arrests her for plotting to kill Adama.

Big Red and others have hit the nail on the head.  This is not so much sci-fi as it is a very good drama set in space.

1255795[/snapback]

:D Hmmmm... could be.

I wouldn't besurprised if the Pegasus is destroyed in the upcoming conflict in order to destroy the cylon ressurection ship. Admiral Cain is allowed to go out in a blaze of glory... I think that happened in the original BSG series.

Good info here.  :D

If you're not watching, you're missing.  Grab the DVDs and catch up!

1255732[/snapback]

Planning to do that. As an old BSG fan (which I have a hard time watching today) I loved what I saw in the first episode this season...although it will take getting used to the differences in characters.

Starbuck was certainly an upgrade over the original. I'm also a fan of Edward James Olmos.

edit: and a lot more intensity being shown between Adama and Cain in the new series versus the old show with Lloyd Bridges and Lorne Green.

Edited by Gunther