[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

gas bills

dmarc117

just wondering how much pipe the other northerners were taking on heating bills this winter...thank goodness its been somewhat mild so far!

350.00 here in nw detroit burbs

1252163[/snapback]

$270 in Canton, Michigan.

I have fuel oil steam boiler. I also have plastic on all my windows. I purchased fuel oil in October about the 25th. $2.82 per gallon. Just under $600 to fill up. I was getting low three weeks ago. I filled back up with 145 gallos at 2.18 per gallon. Not as bad as I thought it was going to be, however it has been very warm her in central South Dakota.

Maryland - $30 total since Oct.  BUT that is because our meter was broken and they were just billing me the service fee.  They came out and fixed it so i'm sure its going to cost me my first born son to heat this house now.

1253089[/snapback]

Wow that second kid is lucky to just be a few minutes later...

we moved to brooklyn in april to an apartment that had central air/heat. previously we had just radiators. our last gas bill was $520, for a 900-square-foot apartment! we freaked out and called the gas company, which told us that the "gas supply charge" was 50 cents more this year than the same time last year. the thermostat was at about 72. now we're cranking it down.

im gettin ready to tell my wife and kid to suck it up and put on a sweatshirt...dial the thermo down to 65

:D

1252184[/snapback]

:DGood luck with that - my wife and I have that battle all the time. I'm in the market for a thermostat with a password!!! :D

$215 last month, a year ago it was $132. We also closed off most of the basement heat vents (other than in the utility room) this year since we are hardly down there.

But I am also not sure how December 2004 compares with December 2005 as far as the weather.

We were doing that budget payment thing at my last place and paid about $80/month year round. I haven't seen the bill yet for the new place because the stupid gas company kept sending the bills to the dude from whom we bought it, but I believe we paid him $500 for October and November. And we set the therostat at 64. Can't wait to see the bills for the winter months. :D

Again, how are you all paying so much?  $156 a month is all I'm paying in the coldest place on Earth (well, it sometimes seems like it).

1253663[/snapback]

Not sure what style house you have, but I have a 5 level house. They are notoriusly difficult to heat and cool. The furnace is on the lowest level. We keep the thermostat @ 68. In answer to your question.....:D