[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

gas bills

dmarc117

Not sure what style house you have, but I have a 5 level house.  They are notoriusly difficult to heat and cool.  The furnace is on the lowest level.  We keep the thermostat @ 68.  In answer to your question.....:D

1253858[/snapback]

Two-level rambler, 2000 sq feet equally split between surface level and basement. I should have mentioned I am on the budget scheme, so my payments are year round (a good thing, IMO). My thermostat is at 75 - I would rather spend the money and be comfortable than bundle up in layers indoors.

This past June I had a heat pump installed, WOW what a difference, just what I was looking for. Yes it was expensive, but I am reaping the rewards every day. Last winter my gas bills were two to three hundred dollars per month. This has been a mild winter but last month gas and electric combined were only $117 and we had a week of sub zero nights and zero highs. I still have a gas water heater and would have replaced it as well but its only 2 years old. So far I have nothing but good things to say about my Lennox heat pump.

Again, how are you all paying so much?  $156 a month is all I'm paying in the coldest place on Earth (well, it sometimes seems like it).

1253663[/snapback]

Did they raise your gas rates this year? They just raised it here by 30%. And as noted, others don't appear to be on the budget.

Two-level rambler, 2000 sq feet equally split between surface level and basement.  I should have mentioned I am on the budget scheme, so my payments are year round (a good thing, IMO).  My thermostat is at 75 - I would rather spend the money and be comfortable than bundle up in layers indoors.

1253939[/snapback]

My budget plan would be $167, so not that much difference, but 75 degrees? Way to hot for me and my menopausal wife. When I was in the hospital last week the room was set @ 72 (roomate was cold all the time). I was hot the whole time and never needed a blanket. Different strokes, I guess.

Did they raise your gas rates this year?  They just raised it here by 30%.  And as noted, others don't appear to be on the budget.

1253992[/snapback]

Yeah, they raised the budget rate by about $25 a month, IIRC. Spreading the load across the year provides insurance against seasonal spikes and total predictability for monthly costs. I use all the budget programs, as long as they aren't asking for more than I think reasonably necessary.

My budget plan would be $167, so not that much difference, but 75 degrees?  Way to hot for me and my menopausal wife.  When I was in the hospital last week the room was set @ 72 (roomate was cold all the time).  I was hot the whole time and never needed a blanket.  Different strokes, I guess.

1254011[/snapback]

Wife hates the cold. :D

Yeah, they raised the budget rate by about $25 a month, IIRC.  Spreading the load across the year provides insurance against seasonal spikes and total predictability for monthly costs.  I use all the budget programs, as long as they aren't asking for more than I think reasonably necessary.

1254036[/snapback]

As noted, I was on the budget plan at my apartment. I don't know what the people who had this house before us were doing, but to go on the budget now it would be $333 per month. :D

As noted, I was on the budget plan at my apartment.  I don't know what the people who had this house before us were doing, but to go on the budget now it would be $333 per month.  :D

1254184[/snapback]

You will probably need to establish your own history before doing the budget thing. You might try giving them a call and saying it's only the two of you now instead of a tribe of umpteen and offering a figure you're comfortable with for a trial period. They might go for it, they might not.

Did they raise your gas rates this year?  They just raised it here by 30%.  And as noted, others don't appear to be on the budget.

1253992[/snapback]

We are on the budget plan, which is $108 per month. What I reported was shown on the bill as the actual gas (in dollars) used for the month of December 2005. We were not on the budget plan in 2004.

edit: and they did raise the gas rates here, I can't remember how much but it was quite a bit. They also made an offer to lock in the gas rates if you paid $50, but we did not do that.

Edited by Gunther