[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bring back a TV show

Seattle LawDawg

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked a little show called Friends.

1255770[/snapback]

Friends was really good until the last 2 seasons where there was maybe 4 good episodes. They should have killed the show after about 5 seasons and it would have gone down as one of the best tv shows ever. Instead it just got too stupid. (that said, I still watched.)

I know it says one show Big John but there are so many. :D

Quantum Leap

Freaks and Geeks

Hermans Head

Men Behaving Badly

Johnny Sako (I think that's what it was called)

Super Dave

Probably a few more I can't think of.

Seinfelds a given of course.

Seinfeld

Arrested development

Greg the Bunny

and I do believe that Police Squad only had 4 episodes :D

nope, there was six:

After the success of the "Naked Gun!" movies, ABC-TV re-aired all six episodes of this series in the early-1990s. Producers wanted to include the John Belushi "guest star" appearance in the rerun of the "Testimony of Evil", which had been cut from the episode due to John Belushi's death in 1982. The footage could not be located, and is now presumed to have been lost or destroyed.
Edited by loaf

Funny, I thought DS9 was the worst of the Treks.  I go with TNG all the way.  Picard was by far the best captain, Data was the best character, Worf was the coolest character, the rest rounded it out nicely though Deanna was weak and Ryker was a little too smug for my taste. 

1255869[/snapback]

I loved it because rather than a 100 45-minute episodes - it was a 7 year episode. It was way more political than any of the other treks - the Cardasians (Gul Du Kat and Garak), the Dominon, etc.

Warf was on DS9 and was well more developed here. They also had much better makeup.

I love Odo and Quark and their relationship. Captain Scisco kicked Tukus as well. And then there was also Dax....

Alas, I am making myself sad. I miss DS9.

Next Gen was good - but I rather a larger overarching story.

Voyager was a Glorified Gilligans Island - and that Pretty 7 of 9 Borg chick was just dumb.

Enterprise just did not fit my schedule. But from the episodes I had seen, it wasn't too bad.

Friends was really good until the last 2 seasons where there was maybe 4 good episodes.  They should have killed the show after about 5 seasons and it would have gone down as one of the best tv shows ever.  Instead it just got too stupid.  (that said, I still watched.)

1256057[/snapback]

I agree. Still, a great show. the cast just worked.

Quite a few Quantum Leap votes here I see- was one of my favorite shows of all time. I recently watched just about the whole series again over the course of the past year on DVD and by taping the Sci-Fi reruns that they ran sequentially last year.

supposedly the Sci-Fi channel is working on a new version of the series which deals with Sam's daughter (Sammy Jo- conceived during his Trilogy leap with Abigail Fuller) as the main leaper going back trying to locate her father and bring him back. If you recall the last episode Sam never got to go home- he is still leaping through time helping others.....Dean Stockwell is signed on to reprise his role as Al and server as Sammy Jo's guide too...

Quantum Leap- A Bold Leap Forward....

Here is a snippett from an intervie with the guy who wrote the script for the movie that will launch the series- not sure if it's still on track or not?

S: Dean’s name now appears to be linked to the project (at imdb.com). Is this legitimate?

Trey: (Although) Scott has a running gig now, the idea was always to bring Scott and Dean back together for at least a short part of our relaunch and then craft it dramatically so that Scott could go leaping back out into the ether, leaving Dean behind to team up with a new partner, whom as I envisioned is directly related to Sam.

S: Sammy Jo?

Trey: Yeah. Sam’s daughter would team up with Al for a new incarnation of the series, with the long-ranging arc being her character attempts to find her father and bring him home once and for all.

S: At what age do you envision Sammy Jo?

Trey: When we first meet her, in the first act when Sam himself meets her, she’s only 12 years old. Later, when we catch up with her, she is in college and Al is a professor of hers—and that’s no accident. He has kept tabs on her and tried to stay close.

S: So Al’s not actually at the project; I’m probably digging too deep.

Trey: It’s funny. There are a number of things I’m not allowed to say, but I can tell you the two of them (Sammy Jo and Al) team up.

S: (scanning my notes for more questions): So you know how long we’ve been waiting; I don’t have to go over that.

Trey: [laughing] Well, if it’s any consolation, I’ve waited a long time too. It was quite a kick to work on it!

S: Is there a time frame or a time limit for this agreement with Sci-Fi?

Trey: Not as I understand it. It’s really a situation of scheduling for everyone—myself, Don and Sci-Fi included. At this point the two-hour backdoor pilot (script) has been completed. I finished the script, the network and studio are very happy with it. Don is obviously heavily ensconced in not one, but two shows at the present, and Sci-Fi has a busy schedule as well. It’s all about trying to find the best time to go into production and relaunch this thing, not just as a stand-alone 2-hour. Because there are so many fans of the original series, I know Sci-Fi has every intention of trying to roll this out as a new series. There is a lot of timing and scheduling that has to come into play. I’m about to start on a new project with Todd McFarlane (Spawn) at FOX which is an anthology series called Twisted Tales. So we have to get everyone in the room and figure out how and when this works.