[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bring back a TV show

Seattle LawDawg

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I loved it because rather than a 100 45-minute episodes - it was a 7 year episode.  It was way more political than any of the other treks - the Cardasians (Gul Du Kat and Garak), the Dominon, etc. 

Warf was on DS9 and was well more developed here.  They also had much better makeup. 

I love Odo and Quark and their relationship.  Captain Scisco kicked Tukus as well.  And then there was also Dax....

Alas, I am making myself sad.  I miss DS9.

Next Gen was good - but I rather a larger overarching story. 

Voyager was a Glorified Gilligans Island - and that Pretty 7 of 9 Borg chick was just dumb. 

Enterprise just did not fit my schedule.  But from the episodes I had seen, it wasn't too bad.

1256119[/snapback]

DS9 was boring at first because it all took place on one set. Then they tried to mix it up a little by sending them through the wormhole or out in their little cruiser ship, but it just seemed artificial. Odo and Quark were okay, but the tension got old quickly for me. Captain Cisco was a reasonably good character, but he was a little too controlled for me. Never let the viewer in, IMO. They never used Worf to good effect, but then there were only a few episodes of TNG where they used him well--like when he went back to the Klingon homeworld.

Voyager was actually pretty good but the Political Correctness was a little too overbearing for me. Woman captain, Native American first officer. Chakotay should have been a little fiercer, not all touchy-feely. I would have loved to have some wild Borg sex with 7 of 9.

Enterprise was a decent concept, sort of back to the roots of the show, good characters, decent acting, but all the plots were recycled.