[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Random Fact About Cliaz

cliaz

1. When I was 11 I feel off of a roof at my elementary school climbing up to get a soccer ball. I fell 15 feet straight down on to concrete head first breaking my fall with my arms. I compound fractured my left arm at the wrist, elbow and shoulder and broke my right fore arm. I also was knocked out and got stitches on my right eye brow and broke my nose. My eyes were swollen shut for almost 2 weeks. I had a cast on my left arm for 3 months and still wanted to play soccer but my coach advised against, not to mention Mom and Dad. I still have the pictures of what I looked like right after, gruesome.

2. I used to "hop" trains growing up to get around. Those were the good ole days, partying in the woods at an abandonded shack. For the DC area people if you have ever seen the Building on the train tracks when you go across the 14th street bridge into DC, looking to your right coming from VA,  we used to party in that all the time.

1257565[/snapback]

good g*d dude. Did you get the ball?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

F.

If youda had that fall as an adult youda likely died (kids have springier bones and more physiologic reserve).

Any sequalae in how your left arm functions (arthritis)?

1257571[/snapback]

That was 30 years ago this May and I have no arthritis but it gets very sore when it gets cold out. My rest still pops every once in awhile when I turn my hand and tends to get sore at times. Overall healed up pretty well.

When I was 13 I took an interest in freestyle biking, I actually got pretty good at it but my only fault was that I wouldn't wear a helmet. So one time we moved our ramp over to my friends dads truck and I attempted to jump it. I almost made it but my back tire hit the edge of the truck bed and threw my bike forward. I went headfirst over the handle bars and hit the concrete with the side of my head. I had a temporal (sp?) bone fracture and a major concussion.

I once asked a girl to pick any card in the deck without suit and randomly went into the deck and pulled the card she said 3 times in a row.

edit to add : it was 3 different cards

Edited by whomper

When I was 13 I took an interest in freestyle biking, I actually got pretty good at it but my only fault was that I wouldn't wear a helmet. So one time we moved our ramp over to my friends dads truck and I attempted to jump it. I almost made it but my back tire hit the edge of the truck bed and threw my bike forward. I went headfirst over the handle bars and hit the concrete with the side of my head. I had a temporal (sp?) bone fracture and a major concussion.

1257587[/snapback]

OUCH

1. When I was 11 I feel off of a roof at my elementary school climbing up to get a soccer ball. I fell 15 feet straight down on to concrete head first breaking my fall with my arms. I compound fractured my left arm at the wrist, elbow and shoulder and broke my right fore arm. I also was knocked out and got stitches on my right eye brow and broke my nose. My eyes were swollen shut for almost 2 weeks. I had a cast on my left arm for 3 months and still wanted to play soccer but my coach advised against, not to mention Mom and Dad. I still have the pictures of what I looked like right after, gruesome.

2. I used to "hop" trains growing up to get around. Those were the good ole days, partying in the woods at an abandonded shack. For the DC area people if you have ever seen the Building on the train tracks when you go across the 14th street bridge into DC, looking to your right coming from VA,  we used to party in that all the time.

1257565[/snapback]

I don't think it should end your soccer career, just your roof climbing career. :D

I don't think it should end your soccer career, just your roof climbing career. :D

1257593[/snapback]

:D I did continue to play after I got the cast off. Still scared of climbing a ladder to go up on the roof though :D

1. When I was 5 or 6, I got attacked by a police trained German Shepard. I was walking across the street to deliver a graduation robe that my Mom had ironed for a neighbor kid. "Nicky" broke his chains from a third home and closed on me so fast, I could barely scream. He bit my right leg, his bicuspids sinking into the top of my thigh and his lower jaw puncturing the skin right below my buttocks. He didn't stay and feast on me, he circled about 30 feet out and started to come back for another hit-and-run style biting. The same neighbor whose robe I was carrying happened to walk out of his door and he screamed "Nicky" so loud that the dog stopped and ran away. He saved my life, I convinced of it. I still remember it in vivid detail, including being carried across the street to my house and looking down at my blood soaked shorts. That was the biggest German Shepard I've ever seen.

The owner took the dog in his basement, with a shotgun.

2. I still like dogs, but I don't talk about this story. In fact, I just connected the fact that I named my first son Nicholas. :D

1. I like pizza and could eat it everyday

2. I like to burn Athena

3.. I kill stuff to eat

4. I used to be a skate board punk in the early 80's until I grew to 6 feet 200 pounds.... The falls on the half pipe hurt like hell.

5. Used to hitch a ride on the train to go fishen as a kid :D

6. Used to jump off the Stillwater bridge( the top of the cement counter waits)

7. Once was whipped so hard being pulled on a tube on the stcroix river that I was thrown up on land an hit a boat at some ungodly speed..... Still cant believe I lived threw that..

8. Once went car surfing at 75 mph

9. Used to hookybob the bus to school in winter in shoes and summer on the skate board.

10. Noone in my family is named mike... thank jeebus

And that's about it on that

Oh and I cant spell

4. I used to be a skate board punk in the early 80's until I grew to 6 feet 200 pounds.... The falls on the half pipe hurt like hell.

7. Once was whipped so hard being pulled on a tube on the stcroix river that I was thrown up on land an hit a boat at some ungodly speed..... Still cant believe I lived threw that..

Oh and I cant spell

1257631[/snapback]

Do these events have something to do with each other? :D

1) My real name is Damien.

2) I grew up in some very bad neighborhoods in the DC Metro. I learned early on that the thugs in my hood were very christian. As fate would have it I ended up becoming a very outspoken death metal kid :D . I got kicked out of middle school for wearing a Slayer tee, had the typical long hair, skated constantly (of course my fav skater was Natas Kappas) and my favorite band was Deicide (look em up). Needless to say, the fro's (for the most part) kept there distance. :D

1) My real name is Damien.

2) I grew up in some very bad neighborhoods in the DC Metro.  I learned early on that the thugs in my hood were very christian.  As fate would have it I ended up becoming a very outspoken death metal kid :D .  I got kicked out of middle school for wearing a Slayer tee, had the typical long hair, skated constantly (of course my fav skater was Natas Kappas) and my favorite band was Deicide (look em up).  Needless to say, the fro's (for the most part) kept there distance. :D

1257665[/snapback]

Where in the DC area? I grew up in Arlington