[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Does This Scare anyone else

Rebellab

for me, it scares the poopy out of me.  I don't think a lot of people really realize the scope of this once it becomes air born.

1257719[/snapback]

The fact that this could spread like the common flu virus, and we have no answer for it. The next thing I am waiting for is it mutating into migrating birds and it will be spread from coast to coast in a few months.

the problem is not airborne....its when it mutates so that humans can pass it to each other...right now, humans can only get it from birds...when, and the experts say when, it mutates to human-human flu, they predict a pandemic....coould be months, could be years...it is real and scary

ive been following this because of the business im in...tradin stocks...a few of my small holdings make masks and vaccines...

this made news last winter too...it will happen someday...just a matter of when

My wife is a Pharmacist and she is terrified of this thing. I'm more of the ilk that says, "if it happens, it happens." There is little we can do about it and I'm not going to worry about things that I cannot change. In the meantime, I just hope that our healthcare experts can come up with at least an initial plan to deal with the possibility (like playing war games, but with diseases).

Still, I tend to think that this is going to end up being about as scary as Y2K was. Much ado about nothing.

I think this is biological warfare. I think the US and it's infidel allies have produced this disease to take out the muslims. They let it loose in Turkey first so that those not as smart as my self would say that couldn't be so because Turkey is one of our NATO allies. JMO :D

I actually agree with Savage Beatings, it is probably going to be like they Y2K thing. Much ado about nothing.

I think this is biological warfare.  I think the US and it's infidel allies have produced this disease to take out the muslims.  They let it loose in Turkey first so that those not as smart as my self would say that couldn't be so because Turkey is one of our NATO allies.  JMO :D

I actually agree with Savage Beatings, it is probably going to be like they Y2K thing.  Much ado about nothing.

1257817[/snapback]

You are close but wrong. It was created by the Evil Tartarians from Pluto who are bent on world domination. They invented this flu in hopes that we would all panic and buy more adidas shoes and wrigley chewing gum. That would drive their stock options up and then they could afford to buy out governments.

Dale Gribble has all the info on this.

Ironic, isn't it?  The Bird Flu in Turkey.  I guess it's Ham for thanksgiving this year...

1258297[/snapback]

Actually we were talking about this over the weekend. I told the friend of mine where I hunt that when this hits the states he better buy every cow he can get his hands on. All those poultry eaters will have to have some kind of protein and beef would be a good choice. I wonder also if the large poultry processors (tyson, genio, etc.) are nervous.

So we have some chicken farmers in Turkey - 2 confirmed cases out of a country of 69 million? Listen, if you go around humping sickly birds (you know who you are), you get what you deserve.

Until its easily transfered between humans, I'll sleep very well at night.

If I live thru this I am going to retire

This is moving a little faster than I expected it to.  What are everyone else's thoughts.

1257700[/snapback]

So we are talking Turkey the country not Turkey the bird.....wheww I love turkey. So I will continue eating it. I ate steaks all through the mad cow disease too....and I lived to tell about it..... I think its all media hype.

Still, I tend to think that this is going to end up being about as scary as Y2K was.  Much ado about nothing.

1257792[/snapback]

I'm prepared.....I've got my duct tape left over from Y2K.