[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Any architects out there?

Dr. Sacrebleu

Oh great.

I look and see that there are already 6 people who have responded, and I am saying to myself 'yay. my urgent question surely will have an answer since 6 dedicated huddlists have responded'

click on thread title, just to find that I got a wisenhiem response from 6 wisenheim huddlers :D

Ok.

Once again.

Slowly.

Are

there

any

architects

out

there? :D

:D

Oh great.

I look and see that there are already 6 people who have responded, and I am saying to myself 'yay.  my urgent question surely will have an answer since 6 dedicated huddlists have responded'

click on thread title, just to find that I got a wisenhiem response from 6 wisenheim huddlers :D

Ok.

Once again.

Slowly.

Are

there

any

architects

out

there?  :D

1262044[/snapback]

:D dug is an architect, but he is not around here frequently.

Oh great.

I look and see that there are already 6 people who have responded, and I am saying to myself 'yay.  my urgent question surely will have an answer since 6 dedicated huddlists have responded'

Ok.

Once again.

Slowly.

Are

there

any

architects

out

there?  :D

1262044[/snapback]

State the question.................unless it's a sexual fantasy thing. :D

State the question.................unless it's a sexual fantasy thing.  :D

1262061[/snapback]

A very famous architect has just asked me to to a water colour rendering of one of his jobs. I got this job through a connection of a connection of a friend. I have no experience in this field and need to give him a price for this rendering within an hour. I have no idea how much this costs.

A very famous architect has just asked me to to a water colour rendering of one of his jobs.  I got this job through a connection of a connection of a friend.  I have no experience in this field and need to give him a price for this rendering within an hour.  I have no idea how much this costs.

1262085[/snapback]

tell him you will do it Pro-Bono and then add it to your resume :D

A very famous architect has just asked me to to a water colour rendering of one of his jobs.  I got this job through a connection of a connection of a friend.  I have no experience in this field and need to give him a price for this rendering within an hour.  I have no idea how much this costs.

1262085[/snapback]

also fwiw we have some local artists that do water color of local historical buildings and they fetch btwn $200-$300 for the prints usually

If the guy is famous, he can afford it. Ask for a bunch of dollars, say $732.00. I will say this, the architects that we work with spend too much money on renderings. They all just look like a bunch of stick figures and weird trees in front of a ghey building.

Why limit myself to architecture when I can be a city planner...

1262014[/snapback]

Agreed, but not as weird as planners.

1262019[/snapback]

Excellent point.

1262023[/snapback]

Yes, I have a degree in urban planning. And Sacrebleu, if you give me some more info on the rendering I could give you a ballpark estimate of what you should charge - I've worked for architecture firms before and could get you a number pretty easily depending on size, etc. PM me if necessary.

1262085[/snapback]

I'm not an architect, but I play one a lot, along with playing an engineer, because design guys never get it all right, and alway leave something out. I called an architect friend of mine and he said on averages they go for about $2,500 depending on how much the architect gives them. If the architect gives them a good set of isometric drawings it might be less. If an architect just gives them some single line elevations it might be more. Hope that helps.

Edited by Perchoutofwater

I'm not an architect, but I play one a lot, along with playing an engineer, because design guys never get it all right, and alway leave something out.  I called an architect friend of mine and he said on averages they go for about $2,500 depending on how much the architect gives them. If the architect gives them a good set of isometric drawings it might be less.  If an architect just gives them some single line elevations it might be more.  Hope that helps.

1262154[/snapback]

That's about right.