[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

DirecTV anomoly....

SteelBunz

Anyone with DirecTV have this problem?

The reception is generally great....except for reds. Specifically....tomato reds and orangy-reds. Darker, blue-based reds are not affected. On my screen (screens plural actually), they shift (jump) and seem to bleed across their boundaries. ( I know......bleed with red....but it's the only adjective I could think of :D)

Seems to be a wavelength problem in reception (about 590 - 630 nm). It isn't a problem with my televisions....they all exhibit this phenomena with DirecTV reception. And I don't have the same problem watching a tape or a DVD on any of those TVs. :D

Pretty annoying really.....I haven't called DirecTV on it yet....just wondering if anyone else has noticed anything similar. :D

Anyone with DirecTV have this problem?

The reception is generally great....except for reds.  Specifically....tomato reds and orangy-reds.  Darker, blue-based reds are not affected.  On my screen (screens plural actually), they shift (jump) and seem to bleed across their boundaries.  ( I know......bleed with red....but it's the only adjective I could think of :D)

Seems to be a wavelength problem in reception (about 590 - 630 nm).  It isn't a problem with my televisions....they all exhibit this phenomena with DirecTV reception.  And I don't have the same problem watching a tape or a DVD on any of those TVs. :D

Pretty annoying really.....I haven't called DirecTV on it yet....just wondering if anyone else has noticed anything similar. :D

1263411[/snapback]

A quick thing to check would be the cable connecting the DirecTv box to the TV. Swap it out with anothe one if you can. Also, it could be the specific input on the TV rather than the TV itself. Can you cange the connection to a different input on the TV?

3 different TVs, Cid. So I'm sort of ruling out connections....or specific types of cable since this was the cable they installed for the DirecTV.

But I'll check on those again....I know they are not old connectors/old cable.

I just find it weird that one particular wavelength seems to cause havoc....when wavelengths beyond it and before it are completely fine. :D

3 different TVs, Cid.  So I'm sort of ruling out connections....or specific types of cable since this was the cable they installed for the DirecTV.

But I'll check on those again....I know they are not old connectors/old cable.

I just find it weird that one particular wavelength seems to cause havoc....when wavelengths beyond it and before it are completely fine. :D

1263561[/snapback]

Does this happen on all 3 TVs? If that's the case, then there is some type of electrical interference with the main line from the antenna to the box and/or splitter. Or, it's not grounded properly. Have the bozos that installed it come back and fix their stuff. I've never had a problem with the signal itself.

Have to agree with Kid here Bunz.... I have used old, real old, and new cables, on so many TV's I can't count 'em and have never had the problem you are having.

Sounds like the installers did something wrong... or didn't do something they should have.

Does this happen on all 3 TVs? If that's the case, then there is some type of electrical interference with the main line from the antenna to the box and/or splitter. Or, it's not grounded properly. Have the bozos that installed it come back and fix their stuff. I've never had a problem with the signal itself.

1263613[/snapback]

See.....that sounds more plausible.....a grounding or interference problem. Yes....all three TVs. I'll call them on it.....thanks Cid. Thought I was going batty there for a bit.....lol....it drives me nuts!

And the guy who installed it was pretty new to the business at the time. :D

Edited by SteelBunz