[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Crock pot

ChuckB

alright, here ya go:

coca-cola carnitas

2-3 lb. pork roast

1 medium onion

1 jalapeno pepper

1 can coke

1.  cut meat into 2 inch cubes

2.  slice onions/pepper

3.  put meat/onions/pepper in crock pot

4.  pour in soda

5.  cook on low for 8 hours

6.  notice how good house smells all day

7.  shred pork

it's great for sandwiches, by itself, leftovers, etc.  i usually eat mine with a bit of HP sauce on top, i'd highly recommend this.  fyi, the onions and peppers are very cooked down by the time it's over so if you want onions on top at the end, i suggest frying a few in a pan.  pretty much anything can go with this, the other night we made scalloped potatoes and they were very good together.  let me know what you think.

1277482[/snapback]

Got this going right now. Can't wait to see how it tastes.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crock Pot Rotisserie Chicken:

1-3-4 pound Fryer

Season however you like

Tinfoil wadded in ball shapes

Place tinfoil balls in bottom of crock so that when chicken is set, it doesn't touch the bottom. Set on high for 3-5 hours. Comes out perfect and juicy EVERY time. I like to shove garlic and butter under the skin and let it get happy that way.

• 3 weeks later...

Try using this rub on your crock pot rotisserie chicken:

2 teaspoons salt

1 teaspoon paprika

3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper

1/2 teaspoon onion powder

1/2 teaspoon thyme

1/2 teaspoon white pepper

1/4 teaspoon garlic powder

1/4 teaspoon black pepper

Feel free to adjust the spices to your taste. I usually use a lot of garlic in mine. :D Rub it onto the chicken liberally. If you refrigerate the chicken overnight in this it's even better, but if you don't have the time or you forget it's still just fine. When I roast it in the oven, I'll chop up an onion and put it into the cavity. In the oven I cook it at around 250 for about 5 hours, basting often. The drippings (there will be a lot) make fantastic gravy, btw.

• 2 weeks later...

I like making BBQ turkey in the crock pot. It makes a great shredded sandwich. There are several versions of this out there, I made this one last time. I eyeball the ingredients, but here is the measured version.

Georgia Style BBQ Turkey Sandwiches

3 pounds turkey thighs, skin removed

1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar

1/4 cup prepared mustard

2 tablespoons ketchup

2 tablespoons cider vinegar

1/2 teaspoon tabasco sauce

1 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper

1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (I go a little heavier than this personally)

2 teaspoons liquid smoke flavoring

Spray 4-6 quart slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Place turkey in sprayed slow cooker. In small bowl, combine all remaining ingredients, mix well. Pour over turkey and turn turkey as needed to coat.

Cover and cook on low setting for 8 hours. Remove and discard bones, (make sure you get all the joints too). Tongs work well...you should be able to pull them out easily. Shred turkey with 2 forks.

Serve on buns with coleslaw on sandwich...drink beer.

Makes 12 sandwiches.

Edited by cmoore

I like making BBQ turkey in the crock pot. It makes a great shredded sandwich. There are several versions of this out there, I made this one last time. I eyeball the ingredients, but here is the measured version.

Georgia Style BBQ Turkey Sandwiches

3 pounds turkey thighs, skin removed

1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar

1/4 cup prepared mustard

2 tablespoons ketchup

2 tablespoons cider vinegar

1/2 teaspoon tabasco sauce

1 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper

1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (I go a little heavier than this personally)

2 teaspoons liquid smoke flavoring

Spray 4-6 quart slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Place turkey in sprayed slow cooker. In small bowl, combine all remaining ingredients, mix well. Pour over turkey and turn turkey as needed to coat.

Cover and cook on low setting for 8 hours.  Remove and discard bones, (make sure you get all the joints too). Tongs work well...you should be able to pull them out easily. Shred turkey with 2 forks.

Serve on buns with coleslaw on sandwich...drink beer.

Makes 12 sandwiches.

1375539[/snapback]

:D mmmmmm....sounds good. Keep these recipes coming everyone very useful stockpile of dishes :D

• 9 months later...

:D ....bump for that White chicken chili i'm makin tomarrow........printer out :D

I've got a beef / Lentil / Black bean chipotle chili going right now. No recipe: just a little of this, a little of that. It smells good but I've got another couple hours to go before I'm enjoying it.

I already wish I had used stew meat cuts of beef instead of ground beef. That wasn't smart.

I've got a beef / Lentil / Black bean chipotle chili going right now. No recipe: just a little of this, a little of that. It smells good but I've got another couple hours to go before I'm enjoying it.

I already wish I had used stew meat cuts of beef instead of ground beef. That wasn't smart.

Wow. That sounds delicious! The bride loves lentils/black beans. Something about rearming...

Wow. That sounds delicious! The bride loves lentils/black beans. Something about rearming...

LOL...it came out pretty good. Like most things I cook, I now have enough to last me about a week.

The basics:

1 lb of lentils, rinsed

1 lb of black beans, rinsed and soaked overnight

1 lb of ground beef (should have been stew meat cuts)

1 large onion

1 red pepper

1 can of tomato sauce

1 can of tomato paste

6 Chipotles & Adobo sauce (put through the blender)

Spices to taste: Garlic Salt, Chili Powder, Cayenne Pepper, Crushed Red Pepper, Cumin, etc.

Water w/ bouillon cubes

I didn't measure the water I put in and did drain a little off after the beans & lentils reached the proper consistency. I think the most important thing was not waste flavor. Once I had blended the chipotles, I rinsed the blender with water and poured it all into the crockpot, etc. The chili was ready after about 7.5 hours at medium heat in the crockpot.

It definitely has a nice slow burn but needs a little more up-front spice to it.

Edited by Seattle LawDawg

I was given the following recipe a couple months ago and have made it a couple times. I make little tweaks each time but nothing major....its a good, hearty meal. This is more of a stew than a chili

Crock Pot Southwest Beef:

Brown: 1.5 lbs boneless chuck roast cut into 1" cubes or stew meat with chopped onion. Put into the pot.

Add: 1/4 c. red wine (used to deglaze meat pan if needed)

1 can pinto beans

1 can black beans

24 oz. jar picante or thick and chunky salsa

1 Tbsp. cilantro

1 1/2 tsp. chili powder

1 tsp. cumin

1 tsp. salt

1/4 tsp. pepper

Cover and cook 7-8 hrs on low. Uncover, turn to high and cook for another 30 minutes to thicken.

Serve in bowls with condiments:

tortilla chips

sour cream

shredded cheese

guacamole

• 2 years later...