[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Huddler Electricians

Big Country

So. it appears I am going to have to have some major electrical work done at my house.

Basically, the wiring and circuit box or whatever it is are very old and some is starting to rust, etc. that the electrician we had out suggestd that a replacement is neccessary. I don't doubt it as ido trust that this guy will give us an honest assessment of what is needed to be done for the house.

But, as a relative newcomer to the homeowner world, I know very little about electricity and what a fair price would be for the work to be done.

He is going to be repalcing the circuit box, as well as running dedicated lines to our garage for the washer and dryer. That was one of the reasons we called him out, the washer and dryer would intermittently shut off in the middle of washing or drying clothes.

Just hoping that if there was an electrician or two, or at least someone familiar with the industry, I could run some of the numbers and descriptions of work to be performedpast them to see if the quote is a fair one.

Send me a PM. I'm not an electrician, but I stayed in a Holiday Inn Express last night. :D

J/K, I know quite a bit about it, but will run it by a very close friend who's an electrcian and let you know what he says.

1269534[/snapback]

Soon as I get home tonight I will send you the info. Thanks.

Send me a PM. I'm not an electrician, but I stayed in a Holiday Inn Express last night. :D

J/K, I know quite a bit about it, but will run it by a very close friend who's an electrcian and let you know what he says.

1269534[/snapback]

Send me a PM. I'm not an electrician, but I saved a bunch of money by switching to GIECO.

that would of been funny as well

When we sold our last house,~15 years ago, I paid an electrician about $1K to bring in 100 amp service, combine 3 separate boxes into one, add a couple of new curcuits, and instal 5-6 GFI's. I dunno, maybe double that now for inflation?