[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Big Trouble in Little China

cliaz

"I took something. I can see things nobody else can see. (pause) ...why are you dressed like that?"

Little known fact:

In the original Buckaroo Bonzai movie, there was originally many references to "Hanoi Xan", the Chinese leader of the ancient World Crime League. This was supposed to foreshadow the sequel called "Buckaroo Bonzai vs. The World Crime League".

But, all references to Xan were left on the cutting room floor. After the Buckaroo Bonzai movie was a financial flop, and the production company went bankrupt... the script for "Buckaroo Bonzai vs. the World Crime League" had it's characters changed around, and became "Big Trouble in Little China" years later.

Bucakaroo Bonzai became Jack Burton

Hanoi Xan became Lo Pan

Edited by AtomicCEO

"I took something.  I can see things nobody else can see.  (pause) ...why are you dressed like that?"

Little known fact:

In the original Buckaroo Bonzai movie, there was originally many references to "Hanoi Xan", the Chinese leader of the ancient World Crime League.  This was supposed to foreshadow the sequel called "Buckaroo Bonzai vs. The World Crime League".

But, all references to Xan were left on the cutting room floor.  After the Buckaroo Bonzai movie was a financial flop, and the production company went bankrupt... the script for "Buckaroo Bonzai vs. the World Crime League" had it's characters changed around, and became "Big Trouble in Little China" years later.

Bucakaroo Bonzai became Jack Burton

Hanoi Xan became Lo Pan

1271391[/snapback]

Good info.... now I know why I watch them both everytime they are on. :D

some more facts about the movie:

Some of the lightning forms a Chinese symbol as it disappears. The symbol translates as "carpenter". This film was directed by John Carpenter.

The ending song is written and sung by The Coupe De Ville. A band formed with: John Carpenter, Nick Castle and Tommy Lee Wallace (second unit director on this picture)

According to director John Carpenter, the postproduction process on this movie was merely four months.

The Chinese characters in the main title translate to "Evil Spirits Make a Big Scene in Little Spiritual State".

The characters on the front of "Egg" Shen's bus say, "Uncle Egg's Tours Guarantee a Good Time".

In the wedding Scene where LoPan is putting the Needle of Love in Miao Yin, James Hong actually jabbed Suzee Pai too hard. You can even see her jump as he puts it in her.

The set for "Egg" Shen's office towards the end of the film is actually the same set used for the ghostbuster's firehouse headquarters in Ghost Busters (1984).

I laugh so hard when, at the end of the movie, he comes up to fight Lo-pan after kissing gracie and he has the lipstick on. I swear, that movie makes me laugh so hard each and everytime I watch it.

Anyone know where to get a jack burton T-shirt?

Some of the lightning forms a Chinese symbol as it disappears. The symbol translates as "carpenter". This film was directed by John Carpenter.

1271441[/snapback]

Wang and Egg were in another Carpenter classic, "The Prince of Darkness". :D

Edit: Whoa, I didn't know Egg (Victor Wong) died in 2001. Story

Edited by darin3