Sign in to follow this  
Down Goes Frazia

strength through superior firepower

Man... talk about throwing some hot lead. I wonder if that is available to the general public? I would like to get one of those. :D

That must be the grandson of Puff from Vietnam! And it looks like a faster version w/ incendiaries! :D

Sweet!

Somewhere a Democrat sits in the corner sucking his thumb and crying to make it stop.

Somewhere a Democrat sits in the corner sucking his thumb and crying to make it stop.

1271685[/snapback]

Not me! :D Remember, I used to make stuff like that!

I would like to put one, on the front of my truck for all those flipin cell phone users on the road.

that aint nothing, come live here near DC, you see that all the time in the drive bys.

I just realized that I need one of those. :D

It'd be a lot of fun, but man would it put a dent in my ammo budget. :D

Is there a finer weapon to feel like you have absolute power than a 20mm cannon? I think not! Holy crap!

I shot a .50 cal off the side of our destroyer during gunnery practice and I can tell you, I felt like I could take on the world. Sweet.

I shot a .50 cal off the side of our destroyer during gunnery practice and I can tell you, I felt like I could take on the world.  Sweet.

1272010[/snapback]

Which ship ILS? Was it a DDG or DD? And did you ever get to see the Phalanx going off?

Which ship ILS? Was it a DDG or DD? And did you ever get to see the Phalanx going off?

1272049[/snapback]

Well, I was on a DDG (the Sellers) when I shot the .50. My second ship was a DD (the O'Bannon). On the O'Bannon I saw the Phalanx go off...sounded like a hugh buzzsaw...awesome!!! Pieces of the drone hit the side of our ship!

Well, I was on a DDG (the Sellers) when I shot the .50.  My second ship was a DD (the O'Bannon).  On the O'Bannon I saw the Phalanx go off...sounded like a hugh buzzsaw...awesome!!!  Pieces of the drone hit the side of our ship!

1272079[/snapback]

darn that's an old fatherless male...I was wondering if it was one I'd worked on, hell it was decommishioned the year I graduated High School. :D

The Phalanx is definately a bad mofo. It can actually fire more rapidly than it's set for but the barrels melt. They actually quit using them several years ago though and have since found other "more reliable" countermeasures. Some of the gunnery experts we have in our company used to say, when you hear those fatherless males go off you're fliped anyway.

Edited by rajncajn

Is there a finer weapon to feel like you have absolute power than a 20mm cannon?  I think not!  Holy crap!

1271991[/snapback]

I could be wrong, but I belive that the 20 mm Vulcan cannons are mounted on fixed wing aircraft.

I believe what we are seeing in the clips are 7.62mm miniguns.

darn that's an old fatherless male...I was wondering if it was one I'd worked on, hell it was decommishioned the year I graduated High School. :D

The Phalanx is definately a bad mofo. It can actually fire more rapidly than it's set for but the barrels melt. They actually quit using them several years ago though and have since found other "more reliable" countermeasures. Some of the gunnery experts we have in our company used to say, when you hear those fatherless males go off you're fliped anyway.

1272178[/snapback]

Yeah, I was part of the decomissioning crew in '89 for the Sellers. I do think the CWIS is still in use, however.

I could be wrong, but I belive that the 20 mm Vulcan cannons are mounted on fixed wing aircraft.

I believe what we are seeing in the clips are 7.62mm miniguns.

1272238[/snapback]

:D Well, I was definitely thinking the Vulcan cannons for sure. A round in every square yard of a football field in a minute,...impressive.

Edited by I Like Soup

:D  Well, I was definitely thinking the Vulcan cannons for sure.  A round in every square yard of a football field in a minute,...impressive.

1272294[/snapback]

Vulcans are too big and powerful to mount on a helicopter.

But if you're into that sort of thing, check out the GAU-8/A on the A-10. (30mm) That one will make even a republican cry like a woman.

Edit: GAU-8/A Avenger

Edited by Furd

But if you're into that sort of thing, check out the GAU-8/A on the A-10.  (30mm)  That one will make even a republican cry like a woman.

Edit:  GAU-8/A Avenger

1272333[/snapback]

Fires depleted uranium rounds and can destroy an entire tank battalion in minutes.

But if you're into that sort of thing, check out the GAU-8/A on the A-10.  (30mm)  That one will make even a republican cry like a woman.

Edit:  GAU-8/A Avenger

1272333[/snapback]

Oh yeah! :D The chick I was dating until a month ago has a brother that flies A-10's...he gets back from Afghanistan in 11 days. Luckily we are still friends so he won't be strafing my house or anything...:D And that Avenger cannon is something else!