[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fantasy Baseball anyone?

BigMikeinNY

I am just trying to see if anyone here would be interested in doing a fantasy baseball league.

The basebal league would be:

50 - 100 dollars to join

head to head

best out of 11 categories (r,h,rbi,hr,sb,bb.....w,era,k,sv,bb)

You would start one person at each position, with 2 dh. 5 starting pitchers and 2 relievers. Starters are done once a week, must be submitted by Sunday nght at midnight

Anyone interested?

BigMike

I would be interested in a roto league. I don't like head to head in baseball. Baseball is a game where the law of averages determines who wins as opposed to footballs "any given sunday" approach. Head to head leagues take a weeks worth of stats to determine the winner which is certainly not a big enough sample. I've done all kinds of baseball leagues and found that in roto, the best team wins. Just my 2 cents.

I do both and like roto better also. If for money roto is the way, H2H is too "Juan Pierre finally got hot this week" lucky like I think I love you, but what am I so afraid of? said.

1272846[/snapback]

ROFL!!! I couldn't think of a better way to decribe it.

Pitches and catchers report in about a month. I figure why not get the ball rolling?

Offensive

HR

RBI

AVG

SB

R

Pitching

ERA

WHIP

K

W

S

You guys cool with that? Standard 5 X 5 roto.

Edited by Cherni

Pitches and catchers report in about a month. I figure why not get the ball rolling?

Offensive

HR

RBI

AVG

SB

R

Pitching

ERA

WHIP

K

W

S

You guys cool with that? Standard 5 X 5 roto.

1279030[/snapback]

I'd be fine with a standard 5X5.

I have thought it about it past few days, and I deffinaltey want to do the Head to Head. I have played roto leagues and I just dont enjoy them. I am not saying one is better than the other, I am just saying I enjoy the head to head much better.

So the league I would like to create will be a H2H. I am also going to add a 6th category in the offensive side and add WALKS. (if it gets voted in) This way you go head to head every week and play best out of 11.

I totally understand if others want to play a roto league, maybe we can get TWO leagues out of this post, I dont see why not. I can be commish of the H2H league if someone wants to take responsibilty to create the roto.

If your intersted, keep your eyes on this thread. When yahoo lets me start the league, I will PM people in order they posted on the thread. Good luck guys

BigMikeinNY

Edited by BigMikeinNY

Without doing a copy/paste thing: Roto is basically head to head spread out over the whole year. I play both H2H and ROTO and ROTO is a little more involved because you can change your lineup EVERY day (in some formats) just depends on how it gets setup. If a player gets hurt on Monday you don't have to get a zero all week.

Have to ask the question... I've been in a H2H league for a few years. I've heard of roto leagues, but I don't know what they are. Can someone give me a high level explanation of how they work?

Thanks.

1279609[/snapback]

Roto is the original without it you would not be here.

The overall winner in 10 cats at the end of the year wins. very simple.

I prefer the roto with weekly lineups. More strategy.

Slayer, I dont know how old you are but I remember doing your own stats from the LOCAL newspaper, even before we had USA TODAY around here..LOL.. Having to wait the extra day to do the west coast games..

Being too lazy to look it up, didnt roto start around the early to mid 70's? and really caught hold around 85. I remember playing it in the late 80's even though THOSE day were kinda of a haze.

The walks cat. would work also, or "on base %". Having the odd number works better in H2H. LIVE drafts are just cool, you got nobody to blame but yourself..lol.. and then finding the 2006 version of Brian Roberts in the 13 round is bragging rights material. I can probably get 2 guys from my local football league to play..

Without doing a copy/paste thing: Roto is basically head to head spread out over the whole year.  I play both H2H and ROTO and ROTO is a little more involved because you can change your lineup EVERY day (in some formats) just depends on how it gets setup. If a player gets hurt on Monday you don't have to get a zero all week.

1279967[/snapback]

:D You can just do HTH with week ling matches but allow daily changes. best of both worlds, and allows for a little more directed smack talk :D