[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Firefox..........

rocknrobn26

I finally followed my own advice and have been using it for a week. :D Slick, really slick!! The tabs are great!!! I have had a few problems though d/l'ing themes. I d/l'd one for my desktop and when I tried to d/l the same one for my LT, it wouldn't d/l. Error was "can't d/l"! :D Where do these themes end up on the system after the d/l? Also, my only complaint so far is that "autoFill" has no option for CC info. :D

Any help will be appreciated.

I finally followed my own advice and have been using it for a week.  :D  Slick, really slick!!  The tabs are great!!!  I have had a few problems though d/l'ing themes.  I d/l'd one for my desktop and when I tried to d/l the same one for my LT, it wouldn't d/l.  Error was "can't d/l"! :D  Where do these themes end up on the system after the d/l?  Also, my only complaint so far is that "autoFill" has no option for CC info. :D 

Any help will be appreciated.

1272459[/snapback]

Firefox extensions and themes download to here:

C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\xxxxxxxx.default

where [username] is your user name (really!) and xxxxxxxx is some random set of numbers and letters. Look in that folder for all your downloaded extensions, etc.

Check this out for help with profiles

As for Autofill, I suspect that's a deliberate omission to keep Firefox secure, but I'm not sure.

Also, check this out for a lot of FAQs and stuff

Edited by Ursa Majoris

Firefox extensions and themes download to here:

C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\xxxxxxxx.default

where [username] is your user name (really!) and xxxxxxxx is some random set of numbers and letters.  Look in that folder for all your downloaded extensions, etc.

Check this out for help with profiles

As for Autofill, I suspect that's a deliberate omission to keep Firefox secure, but I'm not sure.

Also, check this out for a lot of FAQs and stuff

1272529[/snapback]

Very cool! TY, Ursa! :D I owe ya. If you're going to WCOFF, that translates to a beer or cocktail of choice. Same goes to you, Pud, for your help on the tax thingee. Same goes to you H8, for the 'puter advice! Dam.....during WCOFF I guess I owe a bunch of drinks! Oh, WELL! :D

Very cool!  TY, Ursa!  :D I owe ya.  If you're going to WCOFF, that translates to a beer or cocktail of choice.  Same goes to you, Pud, for your help on the tax thingee.  Same goes to you H8, for the 'puter advice!  Dam.....during WCOFF I guess I owe a bunch of drinks!  Oh, WELL!  :D

1272542[/snapback]

I won't be there, but I'll hold you to that beer next time I'm in Chicago. :D

If you check out this page you'll find an almost infinite number of Firefox extensions, some you can't live without, some useful, some so-so and some useless. Have fun!

I won't be there, but I'll hold you to that beer next time I'm in Chicago.  :D

If you check out this page you'll find an almost infinite number of Firefox extensions, some you can't live without, some useful, some so-so and some useless.  Have fun!

1272546[/snapback]

You got it! :D

Any suggestions? I have time to play! :D

You got it! :D

Any suggestions?  I have time to play! :D

1272549[/snapback]

I have only six extensions installed.

IE View - this is indispensable as you can set certain web pages to always launch in IE from inside Firefox. This means you only need one set of bookmarks. NFL.COM runs better in IE.

Last Tab - this one sends you back to the last tab you were on before the one you just closed, as opposed to the default of moving one tab left.

Adblock - speaks for itself

All In One Sidebar - puts a little toolbar on the extreme left of the Firefox window

Talkback - Submits a crash report to Mozilla.org

Tab Browser Preferences - enhances some aspects of tabbed browsing. Haven't played with this much yet.

Couple more cool ones....

Basics 1.0 adds a little "New Tab" button to the left of the leftmost tab. Saves going to the File menu.

Colorful Tabs makes each tab a different color, handy for quickly identifying tabs if you commonly have a lot of the same ones open.

Anybody know if there's an extension that will allow the display on each tab to show the internal bookmark name as opposed to the default bookmark name? I edit the defaults before I bookmark them and I'd like my edited version to show up on the tab.

I have only six extensions installed.

IE View - this is indispensable as you can set certain web pages to always launch in IE from inside Firefox.  This means you only need one set of bookmarks.  NFL.COM runs better in IE.

Last Tab - this one sends you back to the last tab you were on before the one you just closed, as opposed to the default of moving one tab left.

Adblock - speaks for itself

All In One Sidebar - puts a little toolbar on the extreme left of the Firefox window

Talkback - Submits a crash report to Mozilla.org

Tab Browser Preferences - enhances some aspects of tabbed browsing.  Haven't played with this much yet.

1272553[/snapback]

To add to your list

Google toolbar

Linkification- Allows firefox to view plain text urls and emails.

To add to your list

Google toolbar

Linkification- Allows firefox to view plain text urls and emails.

1272742[/snapback]

Forgot the Google toolbar, I already have that. I have 11 different search engines loaded up too.

I'll take a look at Linkification. Thanks. :D