[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Back hurts when I wake up

Meat Face

no bed references but you might want to add stretching to your morning routine. It's quelled my pains for the most part.

1273282[/snapback]

I'm fine once I wake up and start moving around. I just toss and turn a lot more lately - likely due to uncomfortable bed.

More and more often, my back has been hurting when I wake up.  My bed is aging, so I figure it's time for a new bed.  Anyone have any good recommendations?  Anyone have one of those Tempurpedic beds?

1273273[/snapback]

Sleep Numbers :D

1273288[/snapback]

Have to agree with NSab. I've had a sleep number bed for 3-4 years now and I love it.

I gave the tempurpedic to my kid, and like the Sleep Number much better.

Bought the Tempurpedic pillow. Wasn't impressed. Gave it my wife and went back to my old down pillow. Bought a firm Sealy Posturepedic mattress with the pillow-top last year. Not cheap. Ran about a grand for the set with box springs., but made a major difference in my sleeping. :D

Bought the Tempurpedic pillow. Wasn't impressed. Gave it my wife and went back to my old down pillow. Bought a firm Sealy Posturepedic mattress with the pillow-top last year. Not cheap. Ran about a grand for the set with box springs., but made a major difference in my sleeping. :D

1273306[/snapback]

Have not shopped for a mattress in a while, but I don't think a grand is an awful lot to spend for a top flight mattress.

i think temperpedic sells a thin version that you can put over your existing mattress. Kind of like a top mattress. Its cheaper and may do the trick.

More and more often, my back has been hurting when I wake up.  My bed is aging, so I figure it's time for a new bed.  Anyone have any good recommendations?  Anyone have one of those Tempurpedic beds?

1273273[/snapback]

Stay away form broke back mountain and u will be fine

Bought a firm Sealy Posturepedic mattress with the pillow-top last year. Not cheap. Ran about a grand for the set with box springs., but made a major difference in my sleeping. :D

1273306[/snapback]

I have had back troubles for a while too. My wife and I got a sleep number and I hated it so much that we returned it (you have to pay for the shipping so it wasn't cheap to do this - that's how much I hated it). Then we went with the Sealy Posturepedic, and I wouldn't want to sleep on anything else. It's a great bed! :D

FWIW, the thing that I hated about the Sleep Number bed the most, was the foam lining down the middle and the sides of the bed (which also seemd to take away from the total size of the area I could stretch out upon). The air matress part is cool, but it did not take away from the discomfort of feeling that foam.

:D  that collage mattress u found is holding up well??? :D

1273344[/snapback]

Have no idea what happened to my college mattress. But I can tell you this....I should have had it bronzed!

The thing I like about my sleep number bed is having the ability to change how firm it is. Some nights it's pretty dam awesome to be able to push a button and feel yourself sink down into the mattress. Don't do that often, need to keep it pretty firm for my back, but being able to change it when you want/need to is pretty nice.

I have back and neck 'issues.' I have a tempupedic mattress pad (2-3" thick) and the shaped pillow. Most excellent. The pillow is something you definitely have to get used to though. I finally decided that the flat side was the right way to go for my neck. They do make regular type pillows out of the tempurpedic stuff now.

I really want to get a new bed in the next year and will probably try out the sleep number thing. My biggest problem is that my husband and I are both 'edge' sleepers, so the bed ends up with a huge crown in the middle over the years. I hate that. I'm hoping the adjustable firmness thing can counterbalance that somewhat.