[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Need some advice....

rocknrobn26

Seeing as how their car was paid for, and had high mileage, they may not be the type to want a lease.  Leasing can be a very good option, especially if the leasing company or manufacturer has extremely generous programs to lure buyers.

[/b]True....the mileage she drives, though could be less in the future, is like 20K / year!

I would recommend buying an 03 or 04 type program car, put a few thousand down and finance the balance at the super low rates that are out, they could upgrade to a camry, have a bascially new car, 03 with 35-45K miles, and have a payment around $200month, with thousands in the bank now to help them

This all my be a blessing in disguise.

They really don't have any money other than the settlement, but that may work.

Sorry, but that is not true.  Search Autotrader, search with 100 mile range, and remember, the asking price may be $2000 higher than they will sell the car for.

2003 Corolla, 50K miles, auto/air, power everthing asking $8995.

You could probably take the car home for $7500.

1294609[/snapback]

Good info here. Thanks a bunch! I was just searching '02's and came up with zilch. Mind you, right or wrong, I haven't bought a used car in 37 years! :D I'll give her the info.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flutie had apparently been practicing doing this dating back to his CFL days. Odds are he may retire this offseason and it was their last home game. :D I think they said the last successful drop kick was done in 1941.

1295335[/snapback]

Closure:

We'll she bought a car, Sat.. I wanted her to call me before she made a decision, but she said she didn't want to bother me anymore than she already had. :D

2000 Hyundai,GLS,69K miles. Paid around $7500 for it.

I'm not crazy about her choice, but she seems happy. I hope all works out for her.

Thanks for all the help and comments! I truly appreciate it! :D

:D

Oh my... that poor lady.  She likely couldn't have done anything worse unless she had bought a Segway.  :D

1295778[/snapback]

There are probably worse choices, but that one is pretty close. :D About the only good thing is, don't they have a 100K PT warranty?

They are remarkably better post 2000 than they were through the 90's, so there is that.

She just could have gotten 10 times a better car for the money.

She really paid way to much for that car. :D

1295783[/snapback]

No arguement there. NADA top price was around ~$4500! That car you found was perfect! It wasn't too far from where she lives, albeit a not so great neiborhood. Dam, I wish she would have called! :D

They are remarkably better post 2000 than they were through the 90's, so there is that.

She just could have gotten 10 times a better car for the money.

She really paid way to much for that car. :D

1295783[/snapback]

I couldnt agree more with this statement. At least it's off of your plate Rockin!

1295783[/snapback]

Drove a 2006 Sonata for 4 days in AZ. Never had driven in an Hyundai before.

Nice handling. Nice autostick transmission. Quiet. And what surprised the he11 out of me was the motor - a V-6 with about 230 hp and a good amount of torque.

Made in Alabama. Why can't the US car manufacturers make something like this?