[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cold Stone Creamery

loaf

It's all about the location.  My brother opened up 4 stores in the Denver area a few years ago.  Other than one store, they don't do very good business and they are struggling right now.  I guess high priced ice cream in a cold climate isn't the best combonation.

1282916[/snapback]

Yeah not sure about the whole cold climate thing; I'm in Southern California. :D

But you're right - as with most franchises - location is key. I've seen them work best when they're paired with a food user equivalent such as Quizno's, Subway, Baja Fresh, Chipotle, etc. Consumers that go to those types of "semi-fast food" joints are more inclined to go to Coldstone. Having a standalone Coldstone in a strip mall with no other food users is most likely gonna flop.

OMG, I just drove by the Cold Stone here in Chicago as I was going to a restaurant to eat. I remembered this thread and told my GF that we're hitting it up after we eat. After dinner I stopped by as promised and I tried a few of the flavors. All were good, but I had my eyes on the cake batter the entire time. For some reason I imagined it being chocolate (I'm a vanilla guy) so I was elated when I saw that it was vanilla cake batter. OMG is this stuff tremendous!! Loaf, I can't thank you enough for starting this thread and my new apparent affair with cake batter ice cream. Peace

brent

OMG, I just drove by the Cold Stone here in Chicago as I was going to a restaurant to eat.  I remembered this thread and told my GF that we're hitting it up after we eat.  After dinner I stopped by as promised and I tried a few of the flavors.  All were good, but I had my eyes on the cake batter the entire time.  For some reason I imagined it being chocolate (I'm a vanilla guy) so I was elated when I saw that it was vanilla cake batter.  OMG is this stuff tremendous!!  Loaf, I can't thank you enough for starting this thread and my new apparent affair with cake batter ice cream.  Peace

brent

1288589[/snapback]

just don't overdo it or you will end up looking like your old avi :D

Edited by junebugz

OMG, I just drove by the Cold Stone here in Chicago as I was going to a restaurant to eat.  I remembered this thread and told my GF that we're hitting it up after we eat.  After dinner I stopped by as promised and I tried a few of the flavors.  All were good, but I had my eyes on the cake batter the entire time.  For some reason I imagined it being chocolate (I'm a vanilla guy) so I was elated when I saw that it was vanilla cake batter.  OMG is this stuff tremendous!!  Loaf, I can't thank you enough for starting this thread and my new apparent affair with cake batter ice cream.  Peace

brent

1288589[/snapback]

and you can thank loaf when you are lying in the hospital after your first heart attack. :D