[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

fav restaurants....

dmarc117

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a big fan of high end steak houses, and the best I've been to are as follows:

Gibson's - Chicago, IL

1288725[/snapback]

This place is fantastic. They have a seasonal lobster tail that is a pound and a half of the most tender sweetest tail you'll ever eat. Their desserts are of enormous proportions. My favorite steak house :D

Uncle Julio's Hacienda, also in Chicago has fantastic mexican. I always get the same thing, steak fajitas (1lb double order), which are the best I've had. But what makes this place stand out is the amazing salsa that is bottomless while dining in.

These are my two favorite restaurants where if I had the money, I'd go to each every other day.

Uncle Julio's Hacienda, also in Chicago has fantastic mexican.  I always get the same thing, steak fajitas (1lb double order), which are the best I've had.  But what makes this place stand out is the amazing salsa that is bottomless while dining in. 

These are my two favorite restaurants where if I had the money, I'd go to each every other day.

1291190[/snapback]

Uncle Julio's steak fajitas are phenominal. Thankfully they just built another one near Oak Brook so I don't have head into the city.

Another Mexican place that has melt-in-your-mouth fajitas is Papasitos. I always head there when I visit my bro in Houston.

The best meal I ever had was at Commander's Palace in New Orleans. Roasted quail stuffed with crawfish sausage. Bread pudding souffle with bourbon sauce for dessert. Absolutely out of this world. Of course, that was several years ago - before Jamie Shannon died. I heard Commander's had gone downhill markedly since then - even before Katrina.

They serve a roast duck at a little Italian place in the Quarter called Irene's Cuisine that is phenomenal every time I have it. Fantastic wine list and ambiance.

But the one place I hit every time I'm in New Orleans, and many of you have heard me talk about it before, is Uglesich's. Simply put, the best seafood you'll find anywhere.

Charlies Steak House - Orlando Florida

Capital Grille - Troy, MI

Ruths Chris - Troy MI

Gibsons - Chicago, IL

IL Posto (Italian) - Farmington, MI

Chicago Chop House - Chicago, IL

Shaws (seafood) - Chamburg, IL

District Chop House - Washington D.C.

Edited by PEDRO

The best meal I ever had was at Commander's Palace in New Orleans. Roasted quail stuffed with crawfish sausage. Bread pudding souffle with bourbon sauce for dessert. Absolutely out of this world. Of course, that was several years ago - before Jamie Shannon died. I heard Commander's had gone downhill markedly since then - even before Katrina.

They serve a roast duck at a little Italian place in the Quarter called Irene's Cuisine that is phenomenal every time I have it. Fantastic wine list and ambiance.

But the one place I hit every time I'm in New Orleans, and many of you have heard me talk about it before, is Uglesich's. Simply put, the best seafood you'll find anywhere.

1292646[/snapback]

It's been 20 + years since I've been to Commanders Palace, went during a Senior trip. They had excellent food and service to match... seemed like each person at our table had 3-4 people waiting on them!

1292646[/snapback]

Good information here. Commander's had gone downhill in recent years but is still comparitively one of the best restaurants around. I believe there is one in Vegas now as well.

Uglesich's is top notch.

Another to try...Dookie Chase's...but don't walk. I don't care how F'n big you are.

ah sunday.... i like deli's... zaidy's isn't that good partner.

1295610[/snapback]

and your local fav's....??

1296209[/snapback]

been a long while since i've been to zaidy's (even though there's one like a block from my office), so i can't really comment either way. but there's a deli in my building called heidi's that i think is just awesome. they have a few other denver locations as well.

been a long while since i've been to zaidy's (even though there's one like a block from my office), so i can't really comment either way.  but there's a deli in my building called heidi's that i think is just awesome.  they have a few other denver locations as well.

1296628[/snapback]

Heidi's is good as well, or NY Deli News, which is decent food... but the atmosphere is as close to NY as you are going to get!

sunday.... when i think of zaidy's, i think about ny jewish deli (ie: corned beef, pastrami, etc)... really haven't had decent corned beef sandwiches out here....

as far as "deli"....... i am sure there are good italian deli's around.

Victoria & Albert's, Grand Floridian Hotel, Walt Disney World.

Hands down.

1283420[/snapback]

:D

Couldn't agree more. It is easily on my top 5 best meals I've ever had list. I guess it sticks out in my mind a little bit more because it's Disney World-- not the place you think of when thinking of fine dining. Loved the food (had a great buffalo app and every other course was wonderful). The service was fantasic too.

Short list of great meals I had off the top of my head:

The aforementioned Victoria and Albert's

Mama's Fish House (maui)

Roy's (Maui)

PF Changs (good chineese from a chain)

Maestros' Steakhouse (in Los Angeles, but also in Phoenix)

Cowboy Chow (Phoenix)

Crazy Fish (Cheaper Sushi in LA, but very good)

Soupplantation (best salad bar buffet)

Bradley Ogden (Las Vegas $$$$, but so good and original)

Pomodoro (Los Angeles, tiny corner Italian place in Westwood, but very reasonable and tasty)

Postrio (I think that's the name. Wolfgang Puck place in Vegas at the Ven)

Saddle Peak Lodge (Los Angeles area, SM mountains-- great place for different kinds of game)

Gilbert's (Mexican place in Santa Monica. Not a huge fan of Mexican, but this place is good)

Aqua (I'll 2nd the few that have said this SF place. Excellent food)

Would like to go to: French Laundry. I want to see if it really lives up to the hype.

You forgot:

BBQ: Gates

1288768[/snapback]

Just had Gates' BBQ for the first time SuperBowl Sunday in KC. Monday nite went to Jack Stacks. Gates was the better. I'm no BBQ expert but the Gates appeared to be more "authentic". Everything served on Wonder Bread, lol.

• 2 weeks later...

If any of you are ever in Philly, I strongly suggest Guido's in Northeast Philly. The best Italian restaraunt I have ever been to. The Northeast is not known for it restaraunts, but this place is a find. It is a very small place (a small house turned into a restaraunt). I just can't say enough about the place.

• 1 month later...
If any of you are ever in Philly, I strongly suggest Guido's in Northeast Philly.  The best Italian restaraunt I have ever been to.  The Northeast is not known for it restaraunts, but this place is a find.  It is a very small place (a small house turned into a restaraunt).  I just can't say enough about the place.

1328432[/snapback]

Philly in general is great restaurant city though...

Peter lugers- NY

Morton's - Chi

Vegas- Smith & Wolenski

Orlando- Charlies

Ruth Chris eh in Philly, Mortons is better.