[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I need a hand...

Duchess Jack

I have received phone calls like this. If you have caller ID, put the number into Google. I did this when I got the calls, and turns out others received calls from this number with similar scam stories.

Edit: Oh, and the :D would go medieval on scammers' aszes!

Edited by darin3

I have received phone calls like this.  If you have caller ID, put the number into Google.  I did this when I got the calls, and turns out others received calls from this number with similar scam stories.

Edit:  Oh, and the :D would go medieval on scammers' aszes!

1287141[/snapback]

put the number into google? just the number?

sounds like a plan

put the number into google?  just the number? 

sounds like a plan

1287209[/snapback]

Yup. As an example, here's the number I was getting calls from: (866) 505-2632

Just put the entire phone #, with the () and - into Google.

Here's what I found out on the number that was calling me.

Edit: Hopefully the Googling will bring up some good information (like their address) on this company. If they're not producing some warranted info, file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. They will contact the company. If their claim is legit, you'll get the info you need. If not, they'll get scared off. I am no longer getting the calls because I did this very thing.

Edited by darin3

darn, I love the huddle.

Googled the number....

Category:

Credit Services Submitted: 2/2/2004 1:09:58 PM

Modified: 2/2/2004 1:10:00 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RCS Center Corporation harassment scam ripoff bank information 866-877-0026 201-210-3618 Brookfield Wisconsin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Company

RCS Center Corporation

Address:

PO Box 943

Brookfield Wisconsin

U.S.A.

Phone:

201-210-3618

For months now, we have been harassed by these people who barely speak English and repetitively demand that we give them our bank account information to pay some debt we have never heard of. The first time they called, we asked them to send us information in the mail regarding this, and we would certainly pay such debt if it were legitimate...

of course, they never sent us anything. If you try to ask questions about who this company is, you just get the answer of "RCS" and that's about as far as you can get (followed by "and now if you will give me your bank information.." sort of statement (I can't remember the exact broken and accented English this was in) - every answer to every question is RCS followed by pushing for bank information, i.e. checking account routing number and account number).

The caller ID traces the number as being a New Jersey phone number - which if you call, you get a recording saying "Thank you for calling, please hold for the next available agent. Your call may be monitored for quality and training purposes" - and nothing else! no name of company or anything. When they leave a message on an answering machine, it is a recording stating a phone number that the beginning is always cut off (apparently the recording does not wait for an answering machine message to end before it starts) and continuing with (in heavy accent) "you can call us Sunday through Thursday 8am to 12 midnight, Friday 8am to 10pm and Saturday 8am to 6pm, Eastern Standard Time. Again that number is 1-866-877-0026. Thank you."

If you call this number, you get the same recording as calling the 201-210-3618 number (if you stay on the line, no one ever answers). It is hard to fill in the required fields on this report as there is no information about this company anywhere really and they will not give it to you.

Amanda

south berwick, Maine

U.S.A.

Company

RCS Center Corporation

Address:

PO Box 943

Brookfield Wisconsin 

U.S.A.

Phone:

201-210-3618

1288571[/snapback]

:D Brookfield, WI is area code 262

Area code 201 is in Northern New Jersey.