[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chris Penn found dead

Puddy

A picture's worth a 1,000 words.  :D

1288153[/snapback]

holy crap. what a change from nice guy eddie. this guy guy never went further than his role in resevoir dogs. all his boys from that movie did though. a lot further. but his sister in WAS madonna for a while so i guess he had that going for him back in the late 80's.

holy crap.  what a change from nice guy eddie.  this guy guy never went further than his role in resevoir dogs.  all his boys from that movie did though.  a lot further.  but his sister in WAS madonna for a while so i guess he had that going for him back in the late 80's.

1288243[/snapback]

:D

Oh my God. This may be one of the most incoherent, grammatically flawed posts I have read on the board. This is only his 4th post, so maybe he is just warming up!

Very weird.  I will always remember that my father-in-law and Chris Penn passed away on the same day. :D

1288126[/snapback]

Wow...I appologize completely for my last post.

:D Yukon would never claim to be from the south.

1288495[/snapback]

He can't...he can't spell. :D

And now it starts. The ridiculous beatification of a niche actor:

"He's just as talented as Sean -- just a lot less cocky. Chris is an expert at the one complicated emotional state Sean doesn't really display much of -- red-faced humiliation. [...]

"Chris Penn is underrated for a few reasons -- most obviously, he is clearly not one of the Atkins billions who cotton to Hollywood vanity; he gives off the enviable impression that he is constitutionally incapable of trying too hard and is too real with himself to really give a shucks about his waistline. The only reason this is unfortunate is that his uh, "relaxed" physique has deprived us of seeing him in a wider range of roles, let alone leading roles. Plus, he never got to enjoy the interesting, respectful cult love that gets thrown at weaselly, pretty-boy oddballs and whining perverts like Crispin Glover or Vincent Gallo. But he could have had it if he'd wanted it enough to be vain: Chris Penn was beautiful once, prettier than Sean ever was. His eyes are bigger, bluer and sadder; he had big round curls in his rust-colored hair, and thick, pouty red lips ... he'd have made a perfect Caravaggio subject as a teen, the innocent, betoga'd orgy-boy holding a wooden bowl of grapes.

"But beauty is fleeting, and Chris Penn sacrificed his for a darker medicine, which will ultimately attract fewer but more devoted admirers, and endure longer."

(From salon.com)

Proving once again that all you have to do is die to get respect in America.

:doah:

1288981[/snapback]

he was, you know, willard. the guy kevin bacon taught to dance ...

he first danced like this:

and then after kevin bacon came roaring into town in his yellow bug blasting quiet riot and taught him to dance, he then danced like this:

edited to add: these are the movies we watched in the 80's.

Edited by tonorator

And now it starts.  The ridiculous beatification of a niche actor:

Proving once again that all you have to do is die to get respect in America.

1289148[/snapback]

Rather cynical perspective, no? Did you notice how the author in that article was talking about Chris Penn as if he were still alive? That's because he was. That article was written in 2004, it was just reposted on the website after they learned of his death, hence the editor's note saying "With the news of Chris Penn's death, we're reposting this piece, one of Cintra Wilson's series of odes to Hollywood's unfairly forgotten or unjustly maligned."

The author's opinion of Chris Penn had nothing at all to do with his death. :D

Edited by Skrappy1

he was, you know, willard.  the guy kevin bacon taught to dance ...

he first danced like this:

and then after kevin bacon came roaring into town in his yellow bug blasting quiet riot and taught him to dance, he then danced like this:

edited to add:  these are the movies we watched in the 80's.

1289743[/snapback]

I got it. it was a bad pun. hence the :doah:

And, ummmm, I didn't watch those movies in the '80's. :D