[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who Hasn't Read "Committed"

Jumpin Johnies

I have so little free time that it takes me on average 10 months to read a book now. It's on the list for 2017.

1287878[/snapback]

I've read one "fun" book in the past three years ... don't see that number upping any anytime soon...much to my chagrin...

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Went to buy it Barnes and Nobel.  They only had it in hardcover and I know he added stuff for the paperback release, so I didn't buy it.  So no, I have not read it.

1288440[/snapback]

It's easier to buy the paperback online and there probably won't be a sales tax on the purchase depending on the state.

Before I read Msaints im going to finish Yukons book..Committeted

1288635[/snapback]

Have read this post a couple times now. Has made me laugh every time. :D

Read it last summer probably my favorite read of all time.  :D

1288688[/snapback]

Not to minimize Msaint's book...but c'mon....do yourself a favor and start reading more....

If you like sports books, try Ball Four by Jim Bouton. If you prefer basketball, try Loose Balls by Terry Pluto. If you like football best, try Instant Replay by Jerry Kramer.

If you wanna try a classic...go for Catcher in the Rye - JD Salinger

If you like violence and bad words - Dirty White Boys by Stephen Hunter or Green River Rising by Timothy Willocks...

Can't find it locally but want to read it. 

Currently reading Big Deal: One Year as a Professional Poker Player by Anthony Holden.

1288221[/snapback]

I have stories about professional poker players that I know. They are mostly a grind or insanely crazy. How is the book?

Before I read Msaints im going to finish Yukons book..Committeted

1288635[/snapback]

:D:D

I haven't read it yet...and I just bought another book so I can get even further behind, the one that msaint recommended around these parts..."The Education of a Coach".

:D

I got it, haven't read it. I am going to Houston tomorrow and might bring it along to read in the hotel

1288099[/snapback]

Having a paid friend read it to you in a hotel adds a bit of zest to the experience ... just something to consider ... not that I'd know ... I read it ... to myself ... not that there's anything wrong with that ... :D

And I have an AUTOGRAPHED copy ... :D

I have stories about professional poker players that I know.  They are mostly a grind or insanely crazy.  How is the book?

1288899[/snapback]

A couple of my poker buddies love the book, but I just can't get into it. It's alright if you borrow it or find it on sale.

If someone were to give it to me, I'd probably place it on the back of the toilet and read a little bit of it every now and then to pass the time. Like Az said, I like books, and I like fantasy football, but unless it is going to help me be a better fantasy player, I really don't see a reason to buy it. I already know what it is like to be addicted to ff. On the otherhand, it might be worth getting for my wife to read, just so that it can give her some perspective. What do you that have read it think of it in that regard?

So you guys who spend a good portion of your day reading posts here, don't read? :D

Johnnie...is msaint cutting you in on his royalties for this service? :D

1289068[/snapback]

Nah I just feel bad that I got the guy roughed up in a cyberspace fistfight. :D