[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

New Earth-like planet found

Savage Beatings

A new rocky planet has been discovered.

Microlensing can detect small planets, but it is 50 times more likely to find a gas-giant planet like Jupiter.

"Microlensing should have discovered dozens of Jupiters by now if they were as common as these five-Earth-mass planets," said study co-author David Bennett.

That suggests most of our galaxy's planets are small and rocky.

Microlensing can detect small planets, but it is 50 times more likely to find a gas-giant planet like Jupiter.

"Microlensing should have discovered dozens of Jupiters by now if they were as common as these five-Earth-mass planets," said study co-author David Bennett.

That suggests most of our galaxy's planets are small and rocky.

The other co-author is my daughter :D

(Scans picture quickly looking for something to mock)

Nice... bricks, jerk.

(dang)

1288214[/snapback]

How about the cheap Sauders brand entertainment center, or the fact that I'm the last living human with a TV no bigger than 27".

Come on Atomic - you're just being nice.

How about the cheap Sauders brand entertainment center, or the fact that I'm the last living human with a TV no bigger than 27".

1288354[/snapback]

And those vertical blinds... ugh! Um helllllllo Puddy, welcome to the 21st Century. And here I thought you were a proud Metrosexual. :D

1288354[/snapback]

I think I had that exact entertainment system at my old house.

And my TV is 31"... but it doesn't have any AV inputs. :D

I should post a picture of my entertainment system for chuckles. Technologically, it's magnificient. Price-wise... it's a bargain. That what I get for being a Scottish geek. Tons of toys, none of which cost more than $75. :D

... oh, and... no joke... my wife has our CDs ordered by the color of the spine.

Edited by AtomicCEO

Proof

:D

Except I haven't figured out how to use it yet :D

1288194[/snapback]

Is that a Sybian on the floor near her right hand? Mrs. Puddy was very happy this Christmas!

Is that a Sybian on the floor near her right hand?  Mrs. Puddy was very happy this Christmas!

1288924[/snapback]

:D

I think you're talking about my daughter's snowman stocking.

So I guess the Mrs. isn't happy after all :D

:D:D Oh, this was worth clicking into ... it may well go down as one of the greatest examples of post hijacking in huddle history. :D:D

Ahem, did everyone instantaneously forget about the interesting possibilities about the discovery of another rocky planet a cuzillion lightyears from here? :D

Oh, wait. :D

Sweet vertical blinds -- watch a homemakeover show, will you??!?? :D