[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This could be bad

cliaz

Where I work really does suck balls but one thing we have is insanely good sense of humor. No matter whom it is, joke and practical jokes are always funny. So I have this one co-worker that is from the Philippians and he is the greatest clown of all of us.

My manager that you all know I loath is a Vietnam vet and not one of those that have flash back as and shell shocked either; one thing he is cool about is talking about his time over there. Let me pauses and tell you about this guy for a second so you will be able to appreciate the balls of this joke.

My manager was in the Navy seals, he is one of those real biker kind of guys, not the weekend Harley owners, no. He is one of the officers of a chapter of some group called “something sons”. A bunch of mean looking bikers too, looks like a ZZtop reunion, ya know. Anyways, I’ve seen this guy take a piece of paper, fold it in half and break a pencil with it. No kidding. He told me he could do it and I bet him lunch for a week he couldn’t. Like I hate him but I wouldn’t want to fight him.

Anyways, we have a bet with the jokester here at work. If the Seahawks win by 10 he has to come to work in a pair of black pajamas and a big straw hat and hide out in my manager’s office with some sand bags and jump out at him.

Believe me, if this happens pictures and video will be taken and posted.

NOTE: I am not in anyways trivializing Vietnam vets or anything like that. I just think it’s going to be funny to see a 115lb Asian man jump out at a Vietnam vet around 7am in the morning dressed like Charlie.

Edited by cliaz

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyways, we have a bet with the jokester here at work.  If the Seahawks win by 10 he has to come to work in a pair of black pajamas and a big straw hat and hide out in my manager’s office with some sand bags and jump out at him.

Believe me, if this happens pictures and video will be taken and posted.

NOTE: I am not in anyways trivializing Vietnam vets or anything like that.  I just think it’s going to be funny to see a 115lb Asian man jump out at a Vietnam vet around 7am in the morning dressed like Charlie.

1289128[/snapback]

Nothing good is going to come of this.

I hope they have verrrry good sense of humors!

Nothing good is going to come of this.

1289134[/snapback]

I hope they have verrrry good sense of humors!

1289136[/snapback]

Agreed! Don't think this is funny at all.

1289140[/snapback]

Good info here.

1289150[/snapback]

Copy

Good way to get a little asian killed. :D

cliaz, my father was a vietnam vet. it messed with the minds of those men in very cruel ways. i would advise your co-workers to put this one to bed. there's no humor in it and you don't know for sure what the reaction will be. i think it's pretty safe to say that if none of your co-workers experienced the vietnam war firsthand, you probably have no right to joke about it.

this is not anything against you, because maybe this guy really does have a great sense of humor, i just think this is a topic not many who were over there will ever joke about. just my thoughts.

oh I understand everyones views and opinions on this. But one thing about here at work, all of our sense of humor are about the same. My manager and the jokerster are always poking at each other over stuff like this. You'd have to know them to understand.

sorry if this offended any of you but it's the tailgate.

Nope, I disagree. I think it'll be funny as hell and it will be taken that way by the participant and recipient. Too often in this society we try and tell others what they should think is funny. Lighten up already.

oh I understand everyones views and opinions on this.  But one thing about here at work, all of our sense of humor are about the same.  My manager and the jokerster are always poking at each other over stuff like this.  You'd have to know them to understand.

sorry if this offended any of you but it's the tailgate.

1289267[/snapback]

It just so happens my boss is an ex Navy Seal as well & one of the biggest jokesters I've ever known. I ran by this by him & his response was "that is a very bad idea". Although he did laugh, he said the little asian dude was gonna end up with a pen stuck in his forehead. Maybe go with the pajamas etc, but I think I'd pass at the jumping out & scaring him thing.

Edited by rajncajn

sorry if this offended any of you

1289267[/snapback]

I'm not offended... but....

A Navy Seal (current or former) will have instinctive responses to certain stimuli.  I would highly recommend you do not follow through on this.

1289273[/snapback]

What are you going to do if someone gets seriously f'd up? Still laugh? That's what your thread title implies. A joke is a joke.... placing someone in jeopardy is not. Listen to Dragon.

One of my best buddies is an ex-Navy Seal. He's one of the nicest guys you could ever meet (even though he's a friggin' Republican) but he's a trained killer and even though he's over 50, he could do it again in a heartbeat.

This is one of the most unwise pranks I've ever heard of.

Do you cats really think that this former Navy SEAL is so conditioned (in this case after 30 some-odd years) that he'll kill this guy before he realizes what he's doing? Tell me the truth, cliaz: Do you work for Chuck Norris? :D

Nope, I disagree. I think it'll be funny as hell and it will be taken that way by the participant and recipient. Too often in this society we try and tell others what they should think is funny. Lighten up already.

1289275[/snapback]

Kid... maybe you have and maybe you haven't (I think you haven't) come up against a former special forces type but you need to know that the jumping out guy is going to be in a serious world of hurt if that Seal can't delay his reflexes and instinct.

I agree with you that too often people tell other people how to live.... but there are certain situations where caution needs to be stated. That jumper best be clear across the room when he pops up... if he is real close the result is not going to be good. Can't lighten up on this without giving a disclaimer to Cliaz.