[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cliaz's Random Facts 1-26-2006

cliaz

It takes eight and a half minutes for light to get from the sun to earth.

'Second Street' is the most common street name in the U.S.; 'First Street' is the sixth!

Approximately 115 tons of ocean salt spray enters the earth's atmosphere each second.

There are 53 Lego bricks manufactured for each person in the world.

Each 5 m.p.h. you drive over 60 m.p.h. is like paying an additional $.10 a gallon for gas!

It takes Several hundred thousand years for newly made photons (light) to travel from the core of the sun to it's surface.

The normal static electricty shock that zaps your finger when you touch a doorknob is usually between 10,000 and 30,000 volts!

THIS DAY IN HISTORY:

REPUBLIC OF INDIA BORN:

January 26, 1950

On January 26, 1950, the Indian constitution takes effect, making the Republic of India the most populous democracy in the world.

And I coulda swore my Civic HB I used to have did better at 75 or 80  :D

1289309[/snapback]

My old Civic got 40+ mpg cruising at 75-80.

About 30 mpg for regular driving.

I suspect that stat is an outdated one from the 70s and never got updated for modern cars. Back when "it took 16 hours just to get to L.A."

I suspect that stat is an outdated one from the 70s and never got updated for modern cars.  Back when "it took 16 hours just to get to L.A."

1289321[/snapback]

Life is just better at 90 MPH than at 60 MPH. I'll pay the extra 10 cents.

I suspect that stat is an outdated one from the 70s and never got updated for modern cars.  Back when "it took 16 hours just to get to L.A."

1289321[/snapback]

Man, I loved that Civic I had ... got up to Toronto from an hour south of Cleveland on one take of gas. Why did I ever get rid of it? :D

The normal static electricty shock that zaps your finger when you touch a doorknob is usually between 10,000 and 30,000 volts!

1289231[/snapback]

(Car chase scene on a train track from "Running Scared")

Danny: Hey, try not to scrape the third rail, it's got about 50 thousand volts running through it.

Ray: It's not the volts that get you... it's the amps.

Nun: How many amps is it?

Ray: Enough to push a train, and shut up, sister!

I am the quotemaster!

1289321[/snapback]

Or if you watch Van Halen's "Live Without a Net"... it's "It took me 16 hours... to get to New Haven yesterday!!!" :D

I am the Halenmaster!

Edited by AtomicCEO