[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

POKER ODDS QUESTION

Grits and Shins

Common All-in Hand

Match Ups Approximate

Probability

AK vs 76 suited AK wins 60%

AK vs QJ AK wins 64%

AK vs 22 22 wins 51%

AK vs KQ AK wins 73%

AK vs AA AA wins 87%

AK vs KK KK wins 66%

AQ vs KQ AQ wins 70%

AQ vs QJ AQ wins 70%

AQ vs KJ AQ wins 60%

AT vs KQ AT wins 58%

AA vs KK AA wins 80%

AA vs 22 AA wins 80%

AA vs 76 suited AA wins 77%

A2 vs JT A2 wins 55%

KK vs K2 KK wins 90%

Probabilites in % for Improvement After the Flop

Hand Improve to Outs On the Flop On the Turn

Open ended straight flush draw Straight/Flush/Pair 21 72.32% 47.73%

Open ended straight flush draw Straight/Flush 15 54.10% 32.60%

Inside straight Straight/One Pair 10 38.40% 21.70%

Four flush Flush 9 35% 19.60%

Open ended straight draw Straight 8 31.50% 17.40%

Three of a kind Full House 7 27.80% 15.20%

Unmatched pocket cards One Pair 6 24.10% 13%

One pair Two pair/Three of a kind 5 20.40% 10.90%

Two pair Full House 4 16.50% 8.70%

Inside straight Straight 4 16.50% 8.70%

One pair Two Pair 3 12.50% 6.50%

Pocket pair Three of a kind 2 8.40% 4.30%

Three of a kind Four of a kind 1 4.30% 2.20%

Edited by keggerz

http://www.cardplayer.com/poker_odds/

Put in number of players and click on the cards.  :D

1289623[/snapback]

This limits you to 5 players AND requires you to know all the pre-flop hands. Not very useful IMO.

Does this help?

1289628[/snapback]

Very nice for pre-flop odds. Doesn't answer the second question though ... what are the pre-flop odds of hitting your flush by the river?

This site can't be right.  It says you have a 32.4% chance of flopping a pair, 2 pair, trips or quads when dealt two unpaired cards.  Yeah, right.

1289707[/snapback]

i just googled and linked I didnt really look at it

This limits you to 5 players AND requires you to know all the pre-flop hands.  Not very useful IMO.

1289643[/snapback]

I don't how you'd accurately figure the odds without knowing everyone's cards. It's a helpful tool, but there is no way to compute the exact odds without seeing what everyone folded. Maybe get a hole camera like on TV :D.

I don't how you'd accurately figure the odds without knowing everyone's cards.  It's a helpful tool, but there is no way to compute the exact odds without seeing what everyone folded.  Maybe get a hole camera like on TV :D.

1289852[/snapback]

Each player that is in the hand has 2 cards and that does change the odds ... but in any game of poker you don't know those cards and so the odds are approximations based on the number of outs you have.

Anybody have a good online source where the odds on specific hands can be calculated?

For instance ... you start with 2 suited cards before the flop.

What are the odds you hit a flush on the flop?  .84%

What are the odds you hit a flush by the river? 6.4%

1289591[/snapback]

I know this much...if you have two suited cards you have an 18% chance of flopping four to the flush, at which point you have a 32% chance of making your flush on the turn or river. Problem there is, if you miss the turn, your chances shrink and you will likely have to call a large bet to see the river. I don't like chasing the flush unless I have part of the hand made already or I am getting great odds. Now acting first and "semi-bluffing" with your flush draw is a completely different play and I dont mind doing that if I don't think my opponent has top pair or an over pair after the flop.

Edited by Cyclones

Very nice for pre-flop odds.  Doesn't answer the second question though ... what are the pre-flop odds of hitting your flush by the river?

1289643[/snapback]

I thought I remember seeing on the WPT that 2 suited cards have a 1-in-12 chance of hitting a flush.

1 in 12 = .8333 or just about the exact odds I mentioned for hitting a flush on the flop.

1289933[/snapback]

The odds of flopping a flush are much worse than 1/12. I'm not sure what they are exactly...1/12 seems like the odds you have of making a flush with all 5 cards out there.

The odds of flopping a flush are much worse than 1/12. I'm not sure what they are exactly...1/12 seems like the odds you have of making a flush with all 5 cards out there.

1289938[/snapback]

Check it out ... those are the odds listed everywhere I have looked. Go here and enter any 2 suited cards and see the odds for yourself

Here are your chances ON THE FLOP:

Chance of getting a Straight Flush on the flop: 0.01%

Chance of getting 4-of-a-kind on the flop: 0.01%

Chance of getting a Full House on the flop: 0.09%

Chance of getting a Flush on the flop: 0.83%

Chance of getting a Straight on the flop: 0.64%

Chance of getting 3-of-a-kind on the flop: 1.57%

Chance of getting 2 Pair on the flop: 4.04%

Chance of getting 1 Pair on the flop: 26.94%

Chance of getting a Four Flush on the flop: 10.94%

Chance of NO overcards coming down on the flop: 0.61%

Chance of ONE overcard coming down on the flop: 9.18%

Chance of TWO overcards coming down on the flop: 39.80%

Chance of THREE overcards coming down on the flop: 50.41%

Chance of ANY overcards coming down on the flop: 99.39%

You have 2 cards in the suit, there are 11 left. So you have to compute the odds of the flop containing 3 of the 11 cards you need.

I expect the odds are calculated along the lines of ... there are 50 other cards, 11 of them are the suit you need 3 out of those 11. It likely does NOT account for the number of cards that are not available as they are in other player's hands. Quite clearly the more cards of the suit you want that are in other player's hands the lower the odds. However, you don't what the other players have so 1 out 12 odds is based on all of your outs being available in the deck.

Check it out ... those are the odds listed everywhere I have looked.  Go here and enter any 2 suited cards and see the odds for yourself

You have 2 cards in the suit, there are 11 left.  So you have to compute the odds of the flop containing 3 of the 11 cards you need. 

I expect the odds are calculated along the lines of ... there are 50 other cards, 11 of them are the suit you need 3 out of those 11.  It likely does NOT account for the number of cards that are not available as they are in other player's hands.  Quite clearly the more cards of the suit you want that are in other player's hands the lower the odds.  However, you don't what the other players have so 1 out 12 odds is based on all of your outs being available in the deck.

1290021[/snapback]

To me .83% means about 115 to 1.

1 divided by 12 = .08333

1290073[/snapback]

Grrrrr....1% means 1 out of 100, right?

.83% has to mean something less than that, right?

Add in the fact that I play alot of poker and there ain't no one in 12 chance at flopping a flush if you hold two suited cards.

Grrrrr....1% means 1 out of 100, right?

.83% has to mean something less than that, right?

Add in the fact that I play alot of poker and there ain't no one in 12 chance at flopping a flush if you hold two suited cards.

1290075[/snapback]

Yes as you will see by my edit above I wasn't paying attention to decimal placement ...

And I agree the odds of hitting a flush on the flop are very poor and I didn't need to see the stats to verify that.

Yes as you will see by my edit above I wasn't paying attention to decimal placement ...

And I agree the odds of hitting a flush on the flop are very poor and I didn't need to see the stats to verify that.

1290083[/snapback]

No worries Grits. Not trying to give you a math lesson.