[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

FISH

keggerz

so I am thinking of making a deposit to one of these sites

Bodog.com

partypoker

or

pokerroom

who has the most fish?

or someone else?

currently at PP just want some others perspectives

Edited by keggerz

PokerStars has its share of fish. Case in point:

Was "home sick" yesterday, so got in plenty of poker. Sat down at a $0.05/0.10 NL HE table (6 max players). Chip leader had about $16 (the max you can bring in is $10). So yeah, not a big money table, but still fun and competitive. One dude who had just been burned of his stack was ripping the chip leader a new one. As I just sat at the table, I didn't know what to make of it. Was the exiting guy just a whiner? Or was the chip leader a chaser/fish/human ATM? So I decided to just play it tight - as I typically do - and wait for an in. Well, chip leader starts flexing, raising every hand, even out of position. I throw good cards, knowing this guy is a chaser (so turns out the guy who blew his chips had a reason to rip this guy), waiting for a monster. So people are still talking a little chit to this guy, and he's arrogant as they come. I am adding my two cents here and there, and then get gets a little mouthy with me. Then I get my chance. OTB with JTo, a favorite starting hand of mine. Limpers all around, I raise to 2x BB (would have gone more, but I was sure the a-hole was going to come over the top). He ,of course, did (to about 4x BB I believe). One caller ahead of me, and I call as well. Flop comes 7 8 9 rainbow. Nuts straight on the flop. Do I check-raise here? Nah, I knew with whatever bet I threw out there, the a-hole would call, and most likely raise. Throwing a medium-sized bet out there may get the other guy in on the hand to bite, too. So I bet about 60% of the pot. He comes over the top (naturally), doubling my bet. Other guy folds. I think. All-in, another moderate raise, or call? Definitely wasn't calling. All-in was the choice, and like the fish he was, he called. Turn/river were inconsequential cards, and his hand is automatically shown K5o. Dude was on a bottom run straight draw and called. :D $30 hand. I simply say "hit the ATM, rookie". No response. He sat on the table - with no money - for a few minutes, and simply left. Sa-weet.

PokerStars has its share of fish.  Case in point:

Was "home sick" yesterday, so got in plenty of poker.  Sat down at a $0.05/0.10 NL HE table (6 max players).  Chip leader had about $16 (the max you can bring in is $10).  So yeah, not a big money table, but still fun and competitive.  One dude who had just been burned of his stack was ripping the chip leader a new one.  As I just sat at the table, I didn't know what to make of it.  Was the exiting guy just a whiner?  Or was the chip leader a chaser/fish/human ATM?  So I decided to just play it tight - as I typically do - and wait for an in.  Well, chip leader starts flexing, raising every hand, even out of position.  I throw good cards, knowing this guy is a chaser (so turns out the guy who blew his chips had a reason to rip this guy), waiting for a monster.  So people are still talking a little chit to this guy, and he's arrogant as they come.  I am adding my two cents here and there, and then get gets a little mouthy with me.  Then I get my chance.  OTB with JTo, a favorite starting hand of mine.  Limpers all around, I raise to 2x BB (would have gone more, but I was sure the a-hole was going to come over the top).  He ,of course, did (to about 4x BB I believe).  One caller ahead of me, and I call as well.  Flop comes 7 8 9 rainbow.  Nuts straight on the flop.  Do I check-raise here?  Nah, I knew with whatever bet I threw out there, the a-hole would call, and most likely raise.  Throwing a medium-sized bet out there may get the other guy in on the hand to bite, too.  So I bet about 60% of the pot.  He comes over the top (naturally), doubling my bet.  Other guy folds.  I think.  All-in, another moderate raise, or call?  Definitely wasn't calling.  All-in was the choice, and like the fish he was, he called.  Turn/river were inconsequential cards, and his hand is automatically shown K5o.  Dude was on a bottom run straight draw and called.  :D  $30 hand.  I simply say "hit the ATM, rookie".  No response.  He sat on the table - with no money - for a few minutes, and simply left.  Sa-weet.

1289892[/snapback]

CLASSIC.

Bodog.com

partypoker

or

pokerroom

who has the most fish?

or someone else?

1289842[/snapback]

Get on Bodog man. I've been there for way over a year. I make money EVERY month.

Bodog.com

partypoker

or

pokerroom

who has the most fish?

or someone else?

1289842[/snapback]

ps.... Party Poker is completely hackable. There are add in programs, hacks, cheats, everything on PP. I would never play there. You're getting cheated. Bodog is the bomb. I've been on over 15 poker rooms and nothing beats bodog. Any questions, let me know.

ps.... Party Poker is completely hackable. There are add in programs, hacks, cheats, everything on PP. I would never play there. You're getting cheated. Bodog is the bomb. I've been on over 15 poker rooms and nothing beats bodog. Any questions, let me know.

1289979[/snapback]

ty do you have username for a referal?

Edited by keggerz

1289979[/snapback]

Do you have any proof for PP being hackable? People make these claims all the time about just about every site there is, and everyone I have seen has always been debunked.

Do you have any proof for PP being hackable? People make these claims all the time about just about every site there is, and everyone I have seen has always been debunked.

1290059[/snapback]

Agree here. I like Party and Paradise. Full Tilt is good too. Hardest games are at Stars.

Agree here.  I like Party and Paradise.  Full Tilt is good too.  Hardest games are at Stars.

1290065[/snapback]

I like Party.. it is a guppy pool.

Stars has been good to me as well, I like their tourney structure.

Ful lTilt had the allure of playing with big name pros, but I was there early on and it was a lot of really good players for the most part. May be better now.

I enjoy Fullcontactpoker, though I am not 100% sold on the interface. but, it is quickly growing and definitely has plenty of fish there.

I like Party.. it is a guppy pool.

Stars has been good to me as well, I like their tourney structure.

Ful lTilt had the allure of playing with big name pros, but I was there early on and it was a lot of really good players for the most part. May be better now.

I enjoy Fullcontactpoker, though I am not 100% sold on the interface. but, it is quickly growing and definitely has plenty of fish there.

1290069[/snapback]

Full Tilt is better now from my observation, but haven't played a ton of poker lately (burn out and school getting in the way.) Stars does have good tourneys but if you are looking for ring games (which are the best games to make money at, I'd stay away from stars.) Party has the most games hands down.

ty  do you have username for a referal?

1290000[/snapback]

That would be great keggerz. Username is.... "I think I love you, but what am I so afraid of?".

I'll be on tonight at around 10:00 pm. Let me know what blinds you want to play at, I'll send you all my notes, my fish list, as well as the people you should stay away from. Always happy to help out a fellow Huddler.

1290059[/snapback]

BC, I'll get back to you on that. I have seen hacks that claim to be able to see hole cards, as well as the next card being dealt to the table. I've never used it myself so I won't say that I have. The software usually costs around $50 and from what I hear, well worth it.

BC, I'll get back to you on that. I have seen hacks that claim to be able to see hole cards, as well as the next card being dealt to the table. I've never used it myself so I won't say that I have. The software usually costs around $50 and from what I hear, well worth it.

1290203[/snapback]

Ah yes... but there are counterhacks.. it's called tinfoil hats and 3-d glasses. :-)

Anyone here play on Ultimate Bet?  Only site I've played at, so I cannot compare it to others, but it's pretty good.  I play there as Jack Straw1.

If I really wanted to know which site has the most fish, I'd probabbly post the question here rather than at The Tailgate.

1290234[/snapback]

EnD... you shouldn't be educating our fish. :-0

I would post your odds question there as well. They have some of the greatest minds there, and I can not do the stat work on it right now (nor do I know that I would get it al lcoreect if I were to)

EnD... you shouldn't be educating our fish.  :-0

I would post your odds question there as well. They have some of the greatest minds there, and I can not do the stat work on it right now (nor do I know that I would get it al lcoreect if I were to)

1290265[/snapback]

good info here. but there are plenty of fish in the sea BC.

Edited by Cherni

good info here. but there are plenty of fish in the sea BC.

1290277[/snapback]

True, but I only ever make money in the Huddle tournies.

Actually, I have posted the link to 2+2 several times and reccomended many of their books.

In fact, many of the members on thier forums are the ones able to disprove many of the supposed poker site hacks.

And, as mentioned above, they would be able to help immensely in demonstrating the proper calculations for the odds EnD is looking for.

Actually, I have posted the link to 2+2 several times and reccomended many of their books.

In fact, many of the members on thier forums are the ones able to disprove many of the supposed poker site hacks.

And, as mentioned above, they would be able to help immensely in demonstrating the proper calculations for the odds EnD is looking for.

1290284[/snapback]

2+2 is awesome. I'm actually in the middle of Malmuth's Poker Essays Vol. III. I've read a bunch of his literature. He's very knowledgeable if you can get past his arrogance (which I can).

1290284[/snapback]

You should come to Bodog BC. You're a good player from your posts that I've read concerning the game. If you stick to your values, Bodog is REALLY profitable.

You should come to Bodog BC. You're a good player from your posts that I've read concerning the game. If you stick to your values, Bodog is REALLY profitable.

1290360[/snapback]

I've heard good things about BoDog... working off a bonus at fullcontact right now, then I may consider jumping over.

PokerStars has its share of fish.  Case in point:

Was "home sick" yesterday, so got in plenty of poker.  Sat down at a $0.05/0.10 NL HE table (6 max players).  Chip leader had about $16 (the max you can bring in is $10).  So yeah, not a big money table, but still fun and competitive.  One dude who had just been burned of his stack was ripping the chip leader a new one.  As I just sat at the table, I didn't know what to make of it.  Was the exiting guy just a whiner?  Or was the chip leader a chaser/fish/human ATM?  So I decided to just play it tight - as I typically do - and wait for an in.  Well, chip leader starts flexing, raising every hand, even out of position.  I throw good cards, knowing this guy is a chaser (so turns out the guy who blew his chips had a reason to rip this guy), waiting for a monster.  So people are still talking a little chit to this guy, and he's arrogant as they come.  I am adding my two cents here and there, and then get gets a little mouthy with me.  Then I get my chance.  OTB with JTo, a favorite starting hand of mine.  Limpers all around, I raise to 2x BB (would have gone more, but I was sure the a-hole was going to come over the top).  He ,of course, did (to about 4x BB I believe).  One caller ahead of me, and I call as well.  Flop comes 7 8 9 rainbow.  Nuts straight on the flop.  Do I check-raise here?  Nah, I knew with whatever bet I threw out there, the a-hole would call, and most likely raise.  Throwing a medium-sized bet out there may get the other guy in on the hand to bite, too.  So I bet about 60% of the pot.  He comes over the top (naturally), doubling my bet.  Other guy folds.  I think.  All-in, another moderate raise, or call?  Definitely wasn't calling.  All-in was the choice, and like the fish he was, he called.  Turn/river were inconsequential cards, and his hand is automatically shown K5o.  Dude was on a bottom run straight draw and called.  :D  $30 hand.  I simply say "hit the ATM, rookie".  No response.  He sat on the table - with no money - for a few minutes, and simply left.  Sa-weet.

1289892[/snapback]

Great job! I love it when dumb arses are killed by their own egos. I play at Pacific Poker.com and it is FULL of fishes at ALL levels. I like to play the larger tables ($10/20) because there are plenty of fish there too who apparantly have plenty of dough to throw around. It is, however, the TRAILOR PARK of poker sites because there are a LOT of mouthy dumbarses there who love to show how smart they are and brag about their "smart" plays. That's why I love your story. Just be patient and they always give their money back, lol.

:D