[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bo Duke Is Dead

tonorator

anyone catch the show last night?  i must admit, i'm going to miss bo duke.

i would have preferred that lana remained dead so clark could get some of lois  :D .

1291865[/snapback]

I'm a casual fan of the show. I knew going in to last night's episode that one of them would die, but I thought it would be Chloe or Mrs. Kent. The show won't be the same without John S. Apparently, he is gone for good:

http://www.greatlink.org/dcisV2.asp?url=ht...m.asp?item=5223

From Sci-Fi Wire:

Tom Welling, who stars as a young Clark Kent in The WB's Superman series Smallville, told reporters that the show's upcoming 100th episode (1/26) will move Clark closer to his destiny than he's ever been before. "For us, it was a really exciting episode to shoot, because it's a turning point," Welling said in a news conference during the Television Critics Association winter press tour in Pasadena, Calif., on Jan. 16. "I think from this episode on, this show is going to be very different from what it's been in the past. And I also think we're finally going to get to what I believe the audience wanted the show to be."

Welling said that the characters will be moving in new directions during the second half of the show's fifth season. "We're getting [to] a point in the series after five seasons, 100 episodes, where these characters are now saying, 'All right, look, we've been doing this for a couple of years now. Let's start moving forwards. Let's figure out why we're not getting along. Let's see if our relationship works,'" Welling said. "Or, in other cases, like Lex and Clark, 'You're not who I thought you were.'"

The upcoming 100th episode, titled "Reckoning," will also feature the death of one of the show's major characters. Welling was careful not to reveal the identity of the deceased [we obviously know now], but did say that he would be sorry to see "that person" go. "I think it was bittersweet for that person themselves," he said. "Because I think they were looking forward to a little time off. But then, when the day came, that person was caught a few times on set just kind of looking around, going, 'Yeah, well, I guess this is it.'"

Although Welling and most of the other cast members were aware that one of the characters would be killed off, he said he had no idea who it would be until he read the script. "This show did a really good job, leading up to this episode, to not hint toward it at all," he said. "And when the death occurs in the 100th episode, it's a complete surprise to every single character. It's not something that Lex planned or that the audience may have known or have hints about in the future, like sometimes happens in episodic television. This is a complete surprise for everyone. And I literally didn't know who it was until I read the script."

# # #

By the way, both Lois and Lana are hot, in different ways. If I had to chose, I'd stick with Lana. :D

Edited by Wolverines Fan

bo duke is dead? :D

they're not going to try and replace him with that f'n idiot coy again are they?  :doah:

1292107[/snapback]

:D Thats the same Bo Duke I thought the thread was about!

i believe he dies in the comic as well.

the lois & clark series was out of whack because they showed him as an alive, old man.

for those unaware, john schneider played clark's dad in smallville.

he may or may not have died in the last episode ... :D

anyone else geared up for 'superman returns' this summer?