[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Do you use online banking/bill pay?

cliaz

I don't know... but the annoying thing is that I had a login for my Chase credit card, and a login for my BankOne bank accounts before they merged.  Then my BankOne stuff moved over to Chase, and they told me my username was already taken (by my credit card)... so I had to choose a new one.  :D

Then... to add insult to injury, they merged my Chase cc into my new name account, leaving me with the only site in the world where my login is NOT "AtomicCEO".  :doah:

1292803[/snapback]

Had exactly the same problem. Everytime I log in I have to start Quicken, 'cause I forget the acct name!!! :D

BofA charges $2.00 for ATMs around here. Bad, bad BofA.  :D

1292914[/snapback]

I am assuming that you do not have a BoA checking or saving account (or you were using your BoA card in a Citi machine)? :D

Most banks charge a $2.00 or similar fee to use a Chase card with a BoA account, so we are not the only one that charges the fee. BoA has the most extensive ATM network in the country so I make a practice of knowing where ATMs are located so I can avoid the ATM fee, as I do not like to pay a fee to get my money either. If you check the Bank of America.com site and pull up the address near you it will list all the close machines in that proximity. :D

ATMs are not cheap and it is a convenience so I understand the need to pay the fee if you are using a different ATM.

BofA ATM charges are the highest in the area. :D

1293813[/snapback]

You didn't answer my question. Do you have a checking with BoA or another institution? If you have a BoA account you are never charged a fee for another BoA machine. If you have an account elsewhere, than a $2.00 is not to high. BoA is on the cutting edge with their machine and soon will have new machines that will be web based that will have more capabilities.

For example, one machine I use sometimes has a scanning device built in so when I make a deposit, I simply insert the check (NO ENVELOPE), punch in the amount of the check and it spits out the receipt with a scanned copy of the check on the receipt. It is very cool. :D It also has the most ATMs in the country and if you are NOT a customer, there is a charge for the convenience of using a BoA machince. The machines are not cheap.

Tell me about your situation, so I can understand why you are upset about the $2.00 fee. What are the other banks charging for using their machines? :D

My bank is TD Banknorth, so yes, I can use the ATM for free there, no biggie. BofA just took over Fleet in my area. And raised their ATM fees. I can't speak for the rest of it because I don't bank there.

I don't hit ATMs all that often that aren't from my own bank, however the ones I do go to tend to be in the $1.25-$1.50 range. So yeah, I think $2.00 is a little high.

BofA held my mortgage for a couple years and they were fine enough to deal with for stuff like that.