[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Help me with a Problem

keggerz

Sounds like you've already tried to be diplomatic. And retaliation really isn't an option since they are in your reserved spot. It won't take a rocket scientist to figure out who did it. If it was me, here's what I'd do. I'd tell them, look, I've very nicely asked you not to park in my spot, and you continue to do it anyway. From now on, any time you park there, your vehicle is going to be towed...at your expense.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmm, it sounds like I am the only one to think this way, but here it goes... I think you might be in the wrong here Keggerz (at least partially). If you habitually use up the Visistors parking instead of using your own reserved space, you have to expect that when visitors coem into your community that they are not going to have many parking options. So, unfortunately you are a part of this problem.

I think you can still kindly ask them to not park in your reserved spot (and even if it has happend 3 times before, this is the first time you're bringing it up, so be kind), but in return I think you need to stop using the Visitor parking. If you're not willing to do that, then I don't think you have much of a right to get upset when visitors have nowhere to park and use your spot.

Hmmmm, it sounds like I am the only one to think this way, but here it goes... I think you might be in the wrong here Keggerz (at least partially).  If you habitually use up the Visistors parking instead of using your own reserved space, you have to expect that when visitors coem into your community that they are not going to have many parking options.  So, unfortunately you are a part of this problem.

I think you can still kindly ask them to not park in your reserved spot (and even if it has happend 3 times before, this is the first time you're bringing it up, so be kind), but in return I think you need to stop using the Visitor parking.  If you're not willing to do that, then I don't think you have much of a right to get upset when visitors have nowhere to park and use your spot.

1293323[/snapback]

That's is exactly what I thought of last night, when I read this.

Seems to me that you can't rightly b*tch about someone not following the parking rules, since you don't follow the parking rules.

Similar to what Savage said, I think the solution is to go talk to the guy, point out that neither of you have been following the parking rules, and suggest that you both start following them. Seems pretty reasonable to me.

Hmmmm, it sounds like I am the only one to think this way, but here it goes... I think you might be in the wrong here Keggerz (at least partially).  If you habitually use up the Visistors parking instead of using your own reserved space, you have to expect that when visitors coem into your community that they are not going to have many parking options.  So, unfortunately you are a part of this problem.

I think you can still kindly ask them to not park in your reserved spot (and even if it has happend 3 times before, this is the first time you're bringing it up, so be kind), but in return I think you need to stop using the Visitor parking.  If you're not willing to do that, then I don't think you have much of a right to get upset when visitors have nowhere to park and use your spot.

1293323[/snapback]

I tend to agree with Savage here. Perhaps you could talk to management though about switching your assigned parking spot with the visitor spot so that your normal spot is more convenient for you. (Just a thought).

1293323[/snapback]

I agree with Savage.

a neon!!!

shucks...get 3 of your buddys and carry the thing somwhere!

1292792[/snapback]

If you go this route, I can be over in an hour. :D We did this to a VW bug back in H.S.

I'll kill them for another red-hatter bear and a fuzzy wuzzy white bear with optional hood. :D

William & Mary is a fine school.  Let them do whatever they want. :D

1293342[/snapback]

They are the sworn enemy of my itsy bitsy Spiders. I say me and Keggerz roll the school and laugh at the students trying to climb the trees to wipe their ass.

They are the sworn enemy of my itsy bitsy Spiders.  I say me and Keggerz roll the school and laugh at the students trying to climb the trees to wipe their ass.

1293406[/snapback]

My little brother's applying to law school right now. W&M is his first choice UR is his safety school. :D

Edited to add that I have a lot of family ties to W&M. I make it up their for most of their football games and I proposed to my wife up there. The business school is being re-named after my mother's cousin. :D My mother was the Grand Marshal of the homecoming parade about 10 years ago and my grandfather was Chairman of the Board of Visitors.

Edited by Jumpin Johnies

1293323[/snapback]

during the week there are never any problems with available visitor parking...

weekends is a different story and especially when we are expecting company like we were last nite...I will park in a visitor spot to leave my reserved spot for our guest...we just went down to ONE car about a month ago ...so we always had to have atleast ONE CAR in a reserved spot...the car we parked in the visitors spot that is closer to our place was the wifes car(cause I dont want her walking any further then she has to especially at nite...william & mary has had like 3 rapes reported in the last 2-3 weeks)

That's is exactly what I thought of last night, when I  read this.

1293328[/snapback]

you are supposed to be a tuff guy that acts first and thinks later :D

I tend to agree with Savage here.  Perhaps you could talk to management though about switching your assigned parking spot with the visitor spot so that your normal spot is more convenient for you.  (Just a thought).

1293335[/snapback]

they re-striped the parking lot this past summer and we asked and were told the assigned spaces HAD to stay as they were(they actually make no sense)

I have always given people like that chances. If they can't listen to reason..... I tow.

However.... Savage does have a point. As does wiegie. Always best to try and get it worked out before escalating into all-out war.

1293348[/snapback]

I worked it out...i happened to be walking the dog as they were just getting in last nite....the dog was barking like crazy(they were in front of their place not the parking spot)...one asked if it was friendly i said not really ....then i calmly asked if the neon belonged to one of them because they accidentally parked in our spot...i did explain i was expecting company and wasnt trying to be a dick...they appologized but my dog still wanted to bite the hell out of them

I agree with Savage.

1293357[/snapback]

cooler head did prevail...i was just a bit hot initally

Edited by keggerz

during the week there are never any problems with available visitor parking...

weekends is a different story and especially when we are expecting company like we were last nite...I will park in a visitor spot to leave my reserved spot for our guest...we just went down to ONE car about a month ago ...so we always had to have atleast ONE CAR in a reserved spot...the car we parked in the visitors spot that is closer to our place was the wifes car(cause I dont want her walking any further then she has to especially at nite...william & mary has had like 3 rapes reported in the last 2-3 weeks)

you are supposed to be a tuff guy that acts first and thinks later :D

they re-striped the parking lot this past summer and we asked and were told the assigned spaces HAD to stay as they were(they actually make no sense)

I worked it out...i happened to be walking the dog as they were just getting in last nite....the dog was barking like crazy(they were in front of their place not the parking spot)...one asked if it was friendly i said not really ....then i calmly asked if the neon belonged to one of them because they accidentally parked in our spot...i did explain i was expecting company and wasnt trying to be a dick...they appologized but my dog still wanted to bite the hell out of them

1293447[/snapback]

Glad to hear it worked out. :D

1293447[/snapback]

Wait...Does this mean that you didn't blow up the guys car? I've been waiting all morning for details on the explosion and then you tell us that you cooled down and talked to the guys. :D

Wait...Does this mean that you didn't blow up the guys car?  I've been waiting all morning for details on the explosion and then you tell us that you cooled down and talked to the guys.  :D

1293457[/snapback]

but i didnt give them any of my beer

weekends is a different story and especially when we are expecting company like we were last nite...I will park in a visitor spot to leave my reserved spot for our guest

1293447[/snapback]

I still don't blame the other guy for taking your spot. You aren't a visitor so you were parking illegally yourself. The visitor spots should be first-come first-served, but you were trying to pre-empt that rule by taking the visitor's spot. This only sets up the next scenario where your neighbor won't park in his assigned spot from now on either so that his reserved spot is always available for his expected guests.

And if you are worried about your wife having to walk in the dark, contact management and have them switch your assigned parking spot.

I still don't blame the other guy for taking your spot.  You aren't a visitor so you were parking illegally yourself.  The visitor spots should be first-come first-served, but you were trying to pre-empt that rule by taking the visitor's spot.  This only sets up the next scenario where your neighbor won't park in his assigned spot from now on either so that his reserved spot is always available for his expected guests.

And if you are worried about your wife having to walk in the dark, contact management and have them switch your assigned parking spot.

1293487[/snapback]

while this will set up that type of scenario.... i fully blame the neighbor for taking someone's reserved spot. regardless of the visitor parking, people's reserved spots are theirs.

Wieg is right, the only other option is the violent route which you always are free to take, like I said your choice.

i fully blame the neighbor for taking someone's reserved spot.  regardless of the visitor parking, people's reserved spots are theirs.

1293518[/snapback]

nah. Following that reasoning, why would anybody park in their reserved spot?

keg, a resident, cheats by appropriating a vistor's parking space. Then some of you guys are ready to blow up the car of the guy that is acting equitably.

:D

keg, you be having some unclean hands

nah.  Following that reasoning, why would anybody park in their reserved spot? 

keg, a resident, cheats by appropriating a vistor's parking space.  Then some of you guys are ready to blow up the car of the guy that is acting equitably.

1293542[/snapback]

:D That was the whole point to the blowing the car up deal was to laugh! I started the idea so go back and check my first post in this thread and see my diplomatic first approach. :D

nah.  Following that reasoning, why would anybody park in their reserved spot? 

keg, a resident, cheats by appropriating a vistor's parking space.  Then some of you guys are ready to blow up the car of the guy that is acting equitably.

1293542[/snapback]

seems like two issues to me:

1. private (reserved) parking- assigned at lease.

2. public (visitor) pakring- 1st come, 1st served.

keg is not innocent, but no one should be able to park in his spot without his consent. does not seem equitable imo.

:D That was the whole point to the blowing the car up deal was to laugh! I started the idea so go back and check my first post in this thread and see my diplomatic first approach. :D

1293545[/snapback]

Hey, there's no room for diplomacy in these parts.