[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Strange Movie

cliaz

I watched the most F'uped movie i've seen in a long time. It was called "Donnie Darko".

All I know is:

1. He talked to a 6 foot tall demonic rabbit

2. He saw tenticles of water coming out of people's chest

3. He did crazy things this rabbit told him to do.

4. Oh and Did I mention the rabbit was from the future.

what the hell. It was good, i guess. But I'm not sure.

Anyone else seen it before?

i've watched it a couple of times. it's not bad. i had a friend that apparently knew all the inside knowledge or at least he said he did. he was nuts about it. i think it's written well and i think it takes some smarts to pick up on some things, but i don't think it's a wonderful flick. i like movies that make you think, but this one is just a little over the edge for me.

I loved that movie.  If you're the kind of person who doesn't like bizarre, freaky, intellgent movies... don't watch it.  It was all those things.

I thought it was a heck of a lot more accessible than any David Lynch or Cronenberg movie.

1294352[/snapback]

You should've stopped at I loved this movie. :D

How dare you rip Cronenberg. I've killed men for less.

Scanners

Videodrome

Dead Zone

Last Night

The Fly

Spider

A History of Violence

.....come on what's not to love? :D

I almost forgot. You do know the Lynch directed The Elephant Man? I'm not a big Lynch fan but this and Blue Velvet were pretty interesting.

Edited by Capt Skinman

Thought this was a great movie. However, I do not recommend the director's cut, as it actually reveals a little bit too much for me. I liked the original cut of the move that kept you guessing and having to piece together the movie. I enjoy ambiguous movies like this that do not always give you the linear plot line most flicks give you.

As far as Lynch goes, I really liked Blue Velvet, and more recently, Mulholland Drive. If you like Lynch, and haven't seen Mulholland, it's great. Even if you don't like Lynch, I highly recommend it because of a solid lesbian scene. :D

You should've stopped at I loved this movie. :D

How dare you rip Cronenberg. I've killed men for less.

1294674[/snapback]

I didn't rip him! I just said that his stuff was less accessible than Darko. :D

I like Cronenberg (not so much Lynch).