[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

DUI's - whos had one/two

frenzal rhomb

had one in college....accident in front of the bar i was just at.  went back in and did some shots due to it being my bro's car....the breathalizer results were thrown out because i drank after the accident...reduced to reckless driving

1293901[/snapback]

I did the same thing once. My wife and I(fiance at the time) were following a friend home when he flipped his car into a tree. I thought he was dead for sure but he made it out with a fractured back. He never blew or took a blood test and over a year later he's still in court over it. It's likely to get thrown out on Feb. the 1st because my wife and I won't testify that he was driving his car. It took the cops 45 minutes to get to us(we were in a remote location in Hickory, NC) and when they got there I told them that I drank a bottle of Wild Irish Rose while I waited for them. They gave me a breathalyzer and I blew a .12. The cop says, "It looks like you've been drinking." I said, "Yes sir, like I said before I drank a bottle of Wild Irish Rose while I waited 45 minutes for you guys to show up." After going back and forth for about a half an hour they let me go without charging me. I got really lucky. A good friend of mine just got into a serious hit and run DUI charge in Chapel Hill. He supposedly hit a seeing eye dog and killed it and also injured the blind person and then sped off. He swears that he wasn't driving the car and I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt but those two examples are enough to get me to start calling cabs.

Gotta' believe most of us here should've or could've gotten a DUI at one time in our lives. I know in my younger days that there were times I didn't know how I got home. I'd call my buds and ask who drove me home, and they'd tell I drove them home. I'm not an Oprah Winfrey fan, but probably 15 years ago I was channel surfing, and she had on family members who had lost a loved one due to a drunk driver. Hearing their stories cured me instantaneously of ever driving drunk again.

Got mine in in May of '95. Blew about a .2.

Very tough experience. The jailers advised me to sleep it off and show before the judge in the morning to be released on recognizance, but that place was so terrible, I just blew the $60 to get home and sleep in my own bed that night.

Oddly enough, the DUI actually probably saved me money. My insurance actually went down afterwards. :D I was getting totally screwed by an insurance company that my dad had set me up with and didn't know any better.

The bad part of it was that for a time the DUI turned me into a very responsible driver but a very irresponsible drunk. Instead of going out and spending my $20 on about five drinks at the bar, I started using that money to buy a case of beer and a 1/5th of Jack every time I drank. Made for a very soaked couple of years, but that's another story.

Never got one but not because of lack of effort on my part. I think that my brother, who is no longer with us, blew a .025 or higher and that was before noon. No he never learned.

I no longer find the humor in alcohol jokes or commercials and I don't drink to have fun anymore.

Edited by MikesVikes