[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What are y'all eatin for dinner tonite?

rocknrobn26

My Mom is makin' her famous pot roast, w/ carrots, taters, onions and lasgna noodles! YES....lasagna noodles, soaked in the gravy. Ummmm...ummmm....uummm!!!! Unique and fan-freakin-tastic! Hell, she's a Pollock, so lasgna noodles is just a NOODLE!!, but can still cook at 85+yo!

So what are y'all havin'?

Just had a neighbor Deep Fry a Turkey ( My wife won the turkey - a 20 lb - at a raffle during the holidays ) ...deep fried turkey is a party  :D

1293779[/snapback]

NOD!!! :tup;

#1. caribbean influenced.

pre-heat oven to 375. rub loin with an infused oil if you have one (if not, evo is fine). season loin lightly with S&P. sear each side. roast in over until the loin reaches 155-160 (in roasting pan).

1 C packed brown sugar

2 tbs dark rum

1 tsp minced garlic

2 tsp ground ginger

2 bay leaves

1 tsp salt

1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper

1/2 tsp ground cloves

1/2 C chicken broth

1/4 C light rum

1 tbs flour

1/4 C fresh lime juice

mix sugar, d. rum, garlic, bay leaves, S&P, and cloves. stir to form a paste. spread evenly on cooked loin. return to oven for about 6 min.... until it is nicely glazed. remove from oven and cover w/ foil.

transfer liquid from roasting pan to a saute pan or pot. heat over medium heat. add broth and l. rum. bring that to a boil. sprinkle w/ flour...whisk to thinken. hea tto boil agan whisking the whole time. add lime juice...bring back to boil.... until it reaches thickness you want.

Crab cakes. :D

1293783[/snapback]

:D

My wife's making a quiche.

1293793[/snapback]

So you're makin' a Mac run tonite? Quiche.....:D I barely tolerate omlettes!

#1. caribbean influenced.

pre-heat oven to 375. rub loin with an infused oil if you have one (if not, evo is fine). season loin lightly with S&P. sear each side. roast in over until the loin reaches 155-160 (in roasting pan).

1 C packed brown sugar

2 tbs dark rum

1 tsp minced garlic

2 tsp ground ginger

2 bay leaves

1 tsp salt

1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper

1/2 tsp ground cloves

1/2 C chicken broth

1/4 C light rum

1 tbs flour

1/4 C fresh lime juice

mix sugar, d. rum, garlic, bay leaves, S&P, and cloves. stir to form a paste. spread evenly on cooked loin. return to oven for about 6 min.... until it is nicely glazed. remove from oven and cover w/ foil.

transfer liquid from roasting pan to a saute pan or pot. heat over medium heat. add broth and l. rum. bring that to a boil. sprinkle w/ flour...whisk to thinken. hea tto boil agan whisking the whole time. add lime juice...bring back to boil.... until it reaches thickness you want.

1293796[/snapback]

Sounds great! I need Mrs. RR to read this post! Good recipe! :D

Wife's B-day and she requested Outback. So we had N.Y. Strips (MEDUIM WELL) and lobster tails, cheese fries, salad and 2 chocolate thunder from down unders. And in about 15 more minutes, i'm breaking out a fresh roll of TP and the laptop with the wireless connection.

wife and i had a sitter and dined at pf changs. love those lettuce wraps.

wanted to see 'the end of the spear' but it was sold out!

so we saw 'fun with dick and jane' instead. not great as far as movies go, but did have some good gut busting moments ...

Just had a neighbor Deep Fry a Turkey ( My wife won the turkey - a 20 lb - at a raffle during the holidays ) ...deep fried turkey is a party  :D

1293779[/snapback]

Someone on here said you couldn't deep fry a turkey that big...I said you could. Thanks for confiming.

I ate some enchiladas verde at about 3 pm, then I had to run out to the office at 5:30, so I just didn't eat. Wife made spaghetti for herself, so I'm set for tomorrow though.